The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anyone go to school for.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:22 AM
HCF Member
Default Anyone go to school for.......

AutoCAD or anything like it? I am just getting info on what all is involved in the course. I sent a email to my local college for information and forms to feel out for a spring course

Old 11-13-2006, 11:24 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Anyone go to school for.......

My dad went for AutoCAD a couple years back...I'll ask him what all was involved.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:45 AM
HCF Member

Cool thanks man

Old 11-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Is there an ITT Tech near you? My roomates were in college were taking their AutoCad courses, and they all said they were great. One of the guys even has a SICK job using AutoCad now, making mad bank.

Check them out, I htink most of the curriculum is online

Old 11-13-2006, 12:09 PM
HCF Member

That's part of my Mechanical Engineering stuffs. For the most part it's really easy and straight forward. The hardest thing about it is being able to translate things from 2D to 3D in your head. Once you've done some stuff and get the hang of how things are formed it gets really easy though. It's like drawing in art class, you have to start out with shapes and then form them into exactly what you want.

I just took a class on it this quarter, want to "borrow" a student copy of Solid Works and a beginner's guide?

This is some of my part of a design project I just got done doing with a group of engineers. We were making a tricyle for handicaped kids...

Old 11-13-2006, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

I am at this moment looking over and researching it and it is a bit more than I thought it was as far as career opertunities and such.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: amg6975

That's part of my Mechanical Engineering stuffs. For the most part it's really easy and straight forward. The hardest thing about it is being able to translate things from 2D to 3D in your head. Once you've done some stuff and get the hang of how things are formed it gets really easy though. It's like drawing in art class, you have to start out with shapes and then form them into exactly what you want.

I just took a class on it this quarter, want to "borrow" a student copy of Solid Works and a beginner's guide?

This is some of my part of a design project I just got done doing with a group of engineers. We were making a tricyle for handicaped kids...

That is very very noble thing you are doing! I really respect that kind of work!

Old 11-13-2006, 12:29 PM
HCF Member

AMG any info/help you can give me on the subject would be welcomed. Thanks for the replies guys. This as sad as it may seem is the first time I have had the drive to want to learn anything new in years and actually go to school for. I honestly have not even looked up what jobs in this feild pay or anything but the concept itself intrest me enough that I have allready emailed a local tech school with my information for them to send me a pack pertaining to the subject.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

I took it back in high school but I only learned 2D. Well 3D but with other program. It's basically a vector drawing program for technical graphs.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:02 PM
HCF Member

Hey Adam, if you were making a tricycle, that only has 2 wheels[&:] lol

Quick Reply: Anyone go to school for.......