The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

anyone been to henry ford musem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Administrator
Default RE: anyone been to henry ford musem?

A Tucker (all car guys and girls should see the movie)

The Ford Mark IV (the precursor to the Ford GT)

Kennedys Limo

The NASCAR Recold holding thunderbird (and one of the reasons that they run restrictor plates)

the Wienermobile! (this one is a dodge powered model, although the current ones are all GMC truck chassis with a GMC V8, and firebird tail lights)

The Turbine Powered Chrysler Turbine (i didnt get a picture of the inset specs car, but the turbine in this car turns something like 85,000rpm)

The original 1962 Ford Mustang Concept.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Stinky Administrator

nice pics patrick and i agree tucker the movie is a must see that car was so ahead of its time the first car with radial tires / rear mount engine /safety glass and the middle head light turned with steering wheel and the turbine car is incredible and the original gt -40 mark IV what history

Old 08-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Administrator

i think that alot of people also dont realize that the ford museum is NOT a car/automotive museum...my mom hates cars, and doesnt understand the obession that me, my girlfriend, and my dad share, but she thought that the henry ford was great...there is actually more non-car stuff than car stuff...

Old 08-01-2006, 01:24 PM
HCF Member

Whats a restrictor plate?

Old 08-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Administrator

a restrictor plate is an item that goes between the intake manifold and the carb on the nascar engines...it restricts the amount of flow permitted through the intake, thus limiting the amount of power, and the ability to go "faster".

Old 08-01-2006, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

Yea I think it sucks they run the plates. Great pics Patrick and I agree the Tucker movie is great and really puts into moving pictures and words the power inwhich the big 3 had on the market back then. Gotta love how the center light turns with the front wheels.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:54 PM
HCF Member

ive been there a ton. field trips with school and stuff. its a lot of fun. actually in fifth grade we took a weekend field trip there and stayed in some building in or near Greenfield Village (a small 'village' thats this historical thing that is there to show you what it was like in Fords time or something). last time i was there the village was actually closed for rennovation. do you know if it was open?

anyway they have a ton of sweet stuff there. last time i was in the meuseum they were building part of it for a plane museum. they have a lot of trains and a ****load of cars, along with a lot of extra stuff. they have a historic gun section with rifles and pistols that played key roles in american history. they have the bus that Rosa Parks wouldnt give her seat up on. they do have a lot of sweet stuff...i think they have a couple bond cars too.

oh yeah...and they have the chair that Lincoln was assasinated in. it still has blood on it, along with wine stains.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:03 PM
HCF Member

i think that would be cool to see.... but what would be cooler?? why ofcourse the Honda Museum in Kanazawa, Japan

but yeah. those are nice pics Patrick. and i may just have to see Tucker now...