The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Anybody here collect?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 06:47 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Anybody here collect?

ORIGINAL: mxs

ORIGINAL: Patrick

my fiancee and i
is this new news, or have I just not been paying attention?
Right? I was just thinking the same thing

As for collecting. I have a ton of hotwheels put away at my family's storage building. Plus all the crap I had in the "Forty's misc. crap for sale" thread. Collecting stuff was cool when I was a kid, but now it's all just taking up space in my house [:@]

One of my preferred Mechanics (from when I had the Jetta that needed to be fixed every f-in' day), collects the 1:18th die cats like you're talking to. Next time I'm over by his place I'll snap a pic of his collection.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator

eh,,,were not technically married, but we might as well be...its one of those "not really a gf, not realy a wife" things...if we wait long enough living together, i think that michigan has a commonlaw marriage law..lol..we will get married sooner or later..i dont have any doubts about that,and neither does she.

chaseman, that is a very nice collection. i guess that ill have to off my *** and take some pictures...

Old 01-23-2006, 01:43 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jhsplaya08

uhh....yea, i collect some hotwheels but....my dad collects more. check this out!! - oh, by the way there are MANY more in the floor ( like 300 ) and you can only go to the computer now. that pic. was took when the room was clean a WHILE back. yes, thats where i sit at the comp. at. LOL - pics - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jhspla.../ph//my_photos ....yes, thats one room and there is more in the basement, closet, and that dresser. matchbox sucks and my dad might have a total of 20 matchbox...some jonny lightning, and the rest, HOTWHEELS!!! i have about 1,000 myself. enjoy!
wow man that is ALOT of hot wheels...i used to collect cool rocks when i was little

Old 01-23-2006, 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

eh,,,were not technically married, but we might as well be...its one of those "not really a gf, not realy a wife" things...if we wait long enough living together, i think that michigan has a commonlaw marriage law..lol..we will get married sooner or later..i dont have any doubts about that,and neither does she.

chaseman, that is a very nice collection. i guess that ill have to off my *** and take some pictures...

the ones i listed were only a some, I'll get the camera out and get a good pic of all of them...

Old 01-23-2006, 08:15 PM

I collect them too. i have a fiancee too and i have a small corner of the house we bought where im allowed to decorate it like my old room at my parents house, the rest of the house is hers to do what she wants with. i have my garage. i have 14 1:18 scales and some small ones as well. from the celica to a supra. here is the one part of the house thats all me!

[IMG]local://upfiles/7673/E657FF568CB74E98A3E726C85FD8D6F9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7673/C2A8BA2C19F64C6585F76BA252BEA17D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-23-2006, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

well for 1:18 i have:
RSX Type-S (x2)
supra (fnf)
94 civic(fnf)
93 RX-7(fnf)
then i also have 1:24 scale too:
94 civic si
AE86 corolla (initial D)
R34 GTR Skyline
MR2 Spyder
350Z
RX-7 FD
97 Integra
96 Integra x2
supra (x2)
WRX STi Impraza
Lexus SC430
Lexus IS300
2003 Celica
92ish 240sx
S2000 x2
Lexus GS430

Then i also have 1:64 scale ones too
S2000
MR2 Turbo
initial D Corolla
2 99 Integra Type-R
93 Integra LS
2003 Celica
EK Civic Type-R Turboed
99 Civic Si Coupe
99 Civic Hatch

that is all i can think of right now, there may be more at my house back home. and wow guys i thought i had a lot Pat, and Jhsplaya, you guys have me beat by a long shot

Old 01-23-2006, 08:36 PM

One of my favorite finds, I got lucky on. It's in a 1:64th scale though. I'm sure alot of the younger guys and girls here probably won't have any idea what I'm talking about, but the older crowd should. It's the "Coyote" car from Hardcastle And McCormick. I wish I could find it in a 1:18 scale, that would be awesome. I never did watch the show, but I loved the car in it. My next buy is going to be the K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Administrator

its not worth anything now, but i have my original KITT from when i was little...

i forgot...i also have three non-dodges...a GTR34 skyline in 1/24th...and an evo 6 and R33 skyline...i dont quite what scale to call them...they plug into a little switch thing, and shoot out...

we are thinking about having out stuff appraised, as some of it is VERY rare. I have an action Chrome superbird, one or 72, signed with COA by richard petty. i also have an OLD slot car by the AFX company, also a superbird, worth quite a bit of money, evidently. hell if we sold all of our boxed 1/24 cars alone for original value (but for those of you who do not know, good Action diecasts never go down in value) we would have something like 3 grand...that doesnt include the autographed cars, or some of our more odd mint on card 1/64s...ill try to get pictures up tomorrow.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:01 AM

i collect diecast but the new thing im collecting are x-mods, there fricken sweet, u can get them goin pretty damn fast and u can pimp them out too, the 2000 civic looks pretty sweet with black on black.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator
Default RE: pictures of our collection, 56k beware.

Yes, it may all be domestic stuff, well, all mopar stuff, but for those who are collectors, you should understand the hassle involved with getting this much stuff...also, notice that we dont just collect cars, but collectable items of all sorts.

The table of miradas..(my white track car)

Look in the middle..a stratus...[8D]

The Very Rare Chrome Superbird

This was my dads, and it is from 1964..plymouth gave these slot car sets away to announce the release of their new "barracuda"

Quick Reply: Anybody here collect?