The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Another Soldier Lost.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:45 AM
HCF Member
Default Another Soldier Lost.

I just found out today that a guy that I worked with for nearly 2 years and went on a date with nearly 3 years ago was just killed in Iraq. He was a great guy. He was a fellow tuner. He will be missed.

http://www.chroniclet.com/2008/06/18...illed-in-iraq/

I don't know how to even explain what I'm feeling right now. I'm in a state of disbelief.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Default RE: Another Soldier Lost.

that sux...sorry for your loss..RIP...i have a quite a few friends deployed in the middle east

Old 06-18-2008, 12:57 PM
HCF Member

That sucks. I have a friend out there too

Old 06-18-2008, 08:33 PM
HCF Member

I just learned he was supposed to be getting married in August. I feel horrible for his fiance.[sm=smiley19.gif]

Even though he and I hadn't talked since our date three years ago, I've always wondered about him. How he was doing, What he was doing, Where he was. Every time I've passed the street he lived on or saw his cousin in my store, I've always wondered about Jason. It was comforting to know that he was somewhere in the world doing something....And being alive. Now that he's gone I just can't get my head around it.

This will be the second funeral that I've had to go to within 2 months.

The first was for my friend natalie's stillborn niece, Madeline. And now I'll have to go to Jason's.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:17 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Old 06-19-2008, 05:02 AM

Being military myself, i have a lot of friends, Overseas, some of which never came back. It is always the most painful when it is someone you know, but if there is one thing i can tell you, it would be remember them for what they did while they were alive, and for what they were doing when they died. These men and women going over there everyday are giving the ultimate sacrifice so that we(US citizens and Muslums)may live in peace, and free from persecution. We owe it to them to honor the fallen, and to look at them as heros. I am truly sorry for your loss, and I share your pain.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:25 PM

that's all really sad[&:] R.I.P.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:37 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: spitek60

Being military myself, i have a lot of friends, Overseas, some of which never came back. It is always the most painful when it is someone you know, but if there is one thing i can tell you, it would be remember them for what they did while they were alive, and for what they were doing when they died. These men and women going over there everyday are giving the ultimate sacrifice so that we(US citizens and Muslums)may live in peace, and free from persecution. We owe it to them to honor the fallen, and to look at them as heros. I am truly sorry for your loss, and I share your pain.
I'm also in the service and curentlly on way home for R&R and yes we are doing these thing and hope to one day be able to call anywhere home and have no crime or wrry of anyone hurting each other. Ive to lost people in one of my units not to war but to a muslim in Kuwait that hit 4 soldiers killed 2 on the spot and serveral injured the other 2. I've not herd anything else since of them since 2006. I am sorry for your losses and remember that we are here for not only for the U.S. but other nations that are helping to want to get rid of terrorism also.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:19 PM
HCF Member

Jason's body finally arrived back in the states. From what I can tell is his funeral is probably going to be on the 30th.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:17 AM
HCF Member

sorry to hear.....

Quick Reply: Another Soldier Lost.