The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

another decision...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 12:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: another decision...

It ultimately is up to you, on here it is going to be split fairly evan as you have a good amount of integra fans on this board but on the other hand you have your core light weight civic enthusiest also. I mean they are nice cars dont get me wrong but other than the way they look the only way mechanicaly differ from a civic is the pure weight they have. Everything from the teg as you know can swap over to a civic. The Integra was Honda's attempt at a higher class civic and if that is what you are after over performance ability then i suggest a 7th gen coupe and slap a JRSC on it or a $1300-$1500 base Greddy kit to up the power to match or slightly surpass the GSR.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:57 AM

Ah, just a street car. If you prefer the look go for it then. Doesn't sound bad for a GSR. The motor alone goes for 2.5kish these days.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:00 AM
HCF Member

I get what you're trying to say marty. But i kind of dont like how the front of the 7th gen looks like.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:08 AM
HCF Member

What i am saying is IMO the car itself does not make it worth you giving up a car you know you like and paying on top of that. Boost your car or do a H swap and I honestly think you would have a different outlook. Hell if it makes you feel any better get some GSR seats and a GSR gauge cluster and it will feel like your in a GSR. Up to you though man like I said, it's not a better platform, it's not a worse platform. Be it for performance or anything else. The best way I could descibe it is say you have a 2000 Pontiac Formula and you sold it and bought a 2000 Camaro SS. You would get a few different body lines and a fancy hood but that is it. Still drive the same, get around the same milage, and both in the end the same car under it all.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:23 AM
HCF Member

Thanks for pointing many things out marty. Im still thinking alot about this in and out. If i plan to buy it then i have to buy it on my own and all that which will be more of a hassel on me. Plus i have many plans that i want to do to my civic, like boost the D, get some rota grids, lower, goes on and on. Honestly i dont feel excited about getting that gsr and doing mods to it than my civic.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:26 AM
HCF Member

sounds like you already made up your mind.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:39 AM
HCF Member

what do you mean? posting up my car in the forsale thread? i was just testing waters.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:55 AM
HCF Member

Well I'll tell you this, if you have or had plans to boost your D/mod your hatch and you allready have it set in your mind I would keep it. Everybody goed through stages where they fell like maybe getting rid of their car and most that do it without really thinking it through regret it.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:59 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

i would agree with marty and boost your D. if you want a gsr then slap a motor in your hatch and boost that. its up to you man

Old 08-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Recognized HCF Member

+1^^^

Quick Reply: another decision...