The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Album of the year

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 11:48 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Album of the year

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Oh don't get me wrong Adam, I do like some of the stuff that A&A is doing. It's....new, I guess is the best way to put it. It makes me happy to see some bands trying something different, rather than regurgitating the same damn poppy style songs album after album after album.. I think it's good creative music, just not really my typical style. I'll check out some more songs by them though, which do you recommend, I've only heard the following..

The Adventure, Valkyrie Missile, and Good Day
No worries bro, I was just asking if you've heard the whole thing... I'm the last person that would ever judge someone's opinion.

Good Day is one of my favorites... Start the Machine and Do It For Me Now are my two favorites though. If you can though download, or whatever, the whole album and listen to the whole thing through. It's suppose to follow the mood of a war from the time it starts (with [a] Valkyrie Missile) until it's done... that's why I said that it's one of the best albums as a whole that I've heard in a while. Exception: The Adventure, that song just doesn't really fit in.

And as far as AFI's new album is concerned, I would use it to wipe my **** or something to that nature. Those guys can absolutely do better.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Crook_EG8

AFI's new album is the sheezneez too lol
is that out finally? they announced it was going to be out early spring 2005 and its been delayed like twenty times.

im going to go see them in concert this summer.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:29 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Adam, my buddy told me he picked up the cd last night, so I'm going to borrow it from him and check it out this weekend. You've got me all intrigued now to hear the whole thing

As for AFI...they're one of those bands, that was pretty damn sweet, until they went more mainstream. I'm not usually one to just out a band because they're on the radio now, but when they change up their style to fit what average people want to hear, rather than what their FANS want to hear, that is when I lose respect. I hope they revive themselves with this album tho, I really do.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

i really like avenge. but i would have to say that favorite album that came out this year is, and ayes when i tell to this people usally get a laugh out of it, but its fall out boy
________
Stewing

Last edited by BrianT; 04-28-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:36 PM

God damn Im out of it! I just bought Poison's greatest hits.[sm=hail.gif]
I love crappy hair metal.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

tony...i think this is probably the one place where we disagree in music. i thought Sing the Sorrow was a good album...and i dont care what anybody says.

its not their best..but i still really liked it. theyre new album is supposed to be really good too.

Old 05-27-2006, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

As for AFI...they're one of those bands, that was pretty damn sweet, until they went more mainstream. I'm not usually one to just out a band because they're on the radio now, but when they change up their style to fit what average people want to hear, rather than what their FANS want to hear, that is when I lose respect. I hope they revive themselves with this album tho, I really do.
Amen forty, i hate it when band conform to the poppy radio ****, i hope the new album is like the good stuff

Old 05-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Disturbed

Old 05-31-2006, 06:36 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

tony...i think this is probably the one place where we disagree in music. i thought Sing the Sorrow was a good album...and i dont care what anybody says.

its not their best..but i still really liked it. theyre new album is supposed to be really good too.

Any idea when it comes out? I've kinda been outta the loop lately on anything non-metal

Adam, I finally got a chance to listen to that CD straight through, and I gotta say, it was pretty damn good. I might just have to pick it up, Thanks for the recommendation!!

Fiirkan, Nail, and the rest of your metal heads.. I just picked up the In Flames DVD: Used and Abused, and its an absolute MUST HAVE! Put it in the DVD player, crank up the volume, and be mezmorized by the stage show. It's definitely the next best thing to seeing them live.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:23 PM
HCF Member

Adam, I finally got a chance to listen to that CD straight through, and I gotta say, it was pretty damn good. I might just have to pick it up, Thanks for the recommendation!!
You betcha.

Quick Reply: Album of the year