The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Album of the year

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Album of the year

[IMG][/IMG] like that?

Old 05-23-2006, 01:31 PM

i haven't picked it up yet, but i am thinking the new boy hits car album - "the passage," is going to be great. i also am really into the newest hurt process cd

Old 05-24-2006, 08:19 AM

EWWW i hear Disturbed and tool!! GROSS!! jk u can like what ever lol i personally am happy with bleeding through's new album, The Truth. alot of bands that try to do the singing thing with the screaming f- it up...like avenged sevenfold....wtf are they thinking! they sound like f-n dragon force!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 10:37 AM
HCF Member

Looks like most people here are into heavy metal but... I just got the Angels and Airwaves album yesterday and it's one of the best albums, as a whole, I've heard in a really long time. It's a whole experience, not just songs. If you're into U2 or Floyd definitely go get it.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

I absolutely love both U2 and Pink Floyd, and wouldn't dare to put A&A in even the same category.. Thats just my opinion of course. The two bands obviously have an influence on A&A, but to compare the music they put out... they're not even close.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Crook_EG8

EWWW i hear Disturbed and tool!! GROSS!! jk u can like what ever lol i personally am happy with bleeding through's new album, The Truth. alot of bands that try to do the singing thing with the screaming f- it up...like avenged sevenfold....wtf are they thinking! they sound like f-n dragon force!!!
maynard james keenan is my hero when he screams.

listen to Ticks and Leaches. its incredible. i wish i could scream like that.

i agree on avenged sevenfold...i dont like the band at all.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:44 PM

i totally forgot that album came out...i woulda put A&A there instead

Old 05-24-2006, 04:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

I absolutely love both U2 and Pink Floyd, and wouldn't dare to put A&A in even the same category.. Thats just my opinion of course. The two bands obviously have an influence on A&A, but to compare the music they put out... they're not even close.
Yeah, I see where you're comming from... AVA obviously has a more pop-punk core than U2 or Floyd. Have you heard the whole thing yet though?.. The Adventure is by FAR the most typical and "poppy" song on the album.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:28 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Oh don't get me wrong Adam, I do like some of the stuff that A&A is doing. It's....new, I guess is the best way to put it. It makes me happy to see some bands trying something different, rather than regurgitating the same damn poppy style songs album after album after album.. I think it's good creative music, just not really my typical style. I'll check out some more songs by them though, which do you recommend, I've only heard the following..

The Adventure, Valkyrie Missile, and Good Day

Old 05-25-2006, 07:45 AM

AFI's new album is the sheezneez too lol

Quick Reply: Album of the year