The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

99 integra scam?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Default RE: 99 integra scam?

yeah i bet after that you wont hear anything else from him .

Old 10-21-2007, 01:03 PM
HCF Member

lol

Old 10-22-2007, 05:13 AM

ok another update...lol.

i decided to simply ask him why he wont use paypal, and this is his answer.

I don't have time to do this transaction through paypal because it will take too much time. Setting up the account is not a problem but until I get verify that will take a time that I can not afford.

Again if you don't feel secure with this transaction I will sell the car to somebody else just let me know your final answer.

lol. this guy is kinda retarded...
anyway, ive had my fun.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:24 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: warrenG

it just got deleted- so, i dont know if he found someone to sell it to or what.
yeah, that's probably what happened

Old 10-22-2007, 05:36 AM

dead give away:

world pay..

world pay does not do transactions on an individual basis... they work with companies only.

this is an old style scam (that I'm amazed people still try).

Oh I have *blank* car for sale for really cheap price because I'm *blank* (insert getting divorced, in the military, work for large corporation here). I'm located in *blank* (insert some foreign country) right now because of this. The car is in World Pay's warehouse (dead give away, worldpay is a financial company, they don't have a warehouse).

the email from "worldpay" will have an incorrect header, and will likely ask you to send money through western union (perhaps the most insecure method of sending money ever FYI. If you need a money order, send a USPS one, don't go to western union).

do three things:

1: inform worldpay of the scam
2: inform craigslist of the scan
3: stay away from any item being sold by an owner in X country, asking you to pay through worldpay

Old 10-22-2007, 05:50 AM

ORIGINAL: cderalow

dead give away:

world pay..

world pay does not do transactions on an individual basis... they work with companies only.

this is an old style scam (that I'm amazed people still try).

Oh I have *blank* car for sale for really cheap price because I'm *blank* (insert getting divorced, in the military, work for large corporation here). I'm located in *blank* (insert some foreign country) right now because of this. The car is in World Pay's warehouse (dead give away, worldpay is a financial company, they don't have a warehouse).

the email from "worldpay" will have an incorrect header, and will likely ask you to send money through western union (perhaps the most insecure method of sending money ever FYI. If you need a money order, send a USPS one, don't go to western union).

do three things:

1: inform worldpay of the scam
2: inform craigslist of the scan
3: stay away from any item being sold by an owner in X country, asking you to pay through worldpay
hey thanks dude. i wasnt aware of that. well i knew it was a scam, but i wasnt aware it was that obvious.
tonight, ill notify craigslist and tell them. even if it is deleted, they still know who posted it and maybe they can do something about it.