The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

3000 dollar car? lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Default 3000 dollar car? lol

i found this advertisement on craigs list and emailed about it just for kicks(and in the back of my mind i hoped it was true) but then got back this email...

Hello ,
First of all let me tell you that I am pleased that are interested in my car.You have to know that the car I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage, no flood or wrecked. I am the first owner and I have a clear title for it.

I just moved to Sweden because my wife is from here and she wanted to be closer to her parents as they are old and very ill. The car is here with us as well. We are expecting a baby in a few weeks and I really want to improve the old house we bought when we moved in time for the baby.
I have bought and registered the car in the US, but unfortunately I wasn't able to register it here in Sweden. For that I have pay a very big fee and I will also have to start an individual procedure for the car through the Government and I really can't afford those expenses right now with the baby on the way.
Those are the reasons why the price I want for it is just $3.000.00.
Shipping will be done by Lufthansa Air Cargo and the car will arrive in 5 working days at your address. The car will be insured at the shipping company for the transport. All documents, including owner's manual in English, clear title and bill of sale will be provided along with the car.
The payment will be done via secure pay which means that the third party will keep the money until you receive and inspect the car. I prefer that our deal to be supervised by Craigslist.
I'm a serious seller and a fair trader and I prefer to deal only with a serious buyer. If you consider yourself one please e-mail me back so we can start our deal.
So please, only if you accept my terms, reply to this message.
I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.

LOVE & GOD BLESS.....Steave

... now i realize this is 99.9% a scam but i was just wondering how similar this is to others attempts at scamming. do they use the same car or the same lines? just curious but yeah i know its a scam.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:29 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: 3000 dollar car? lol

scam
like this one
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/fb.asp?m=177227

do craigslist a favor and report it... I think you just have to click a button at the top of the listing.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

damn taht is a nice car... *cough*scam*cough*... i hate scammers...

Old 03-20-2006, 09:39 PM

lol hahaha im just messing with them now. i was like, yea i am very interested and can provide payment immediately! hahaha

Old 03-20-2006, 09:46 PM

msnbc - "So on Nov. 9, Lachot transferred the money — again into six separate accounts. On Nov. 12, the escrow company sent an e-mail confirming receipt of the funds, and the seller said the car would be shipped via Lufthansa air cargo and arrive in five days."

the scammer trying me - "Shipping will be done by Lufthansa Air Cargo and the car will arrive in 5 working days at your address"

this is the link i read up on this scam http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3078503/

Old 03-20-2006, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

lol the pics say that it is "remote linking forbidden" guess they didn't like you likning pics of the car lol

Old 03-20-2006, 10:02 PM

oh hells no hahahaha here is the site http://www.redp3298.4t.com/

Old 03-21-2006, 08:09 AM
HCF Member

Beautiful car. Too bad it wasn't a SCAM or i'd be all over that.

Old 03-21-2006, 03:20 PM
HCF Member

if it wasn't a scam i would be all over it like a fat kid on a smartie... did i mention that i hate scammers[:@]

Old 03-21-2006, 03:22 PM

I found like for of those cars on cars.com there were bad *** tt supras for like 5 g's and they all responded with a generic email that was the same. Man was I pissed

Quick Reply: 3000 dollar car? lol