Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Windshield Wiper Hook up Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Default Windshield Wiper Hook up Help!

Hi
the dummy that had my car hooked up the take to the windshield wiper switch. I cannot seem to find the wiring. Also how would i hook them up ne way?????.
Also i have air bags in my car and the SRS light is comming on and not shutting off. What can i do to make that stop could u give me sum options.
Thx Josh!

Old 04-17-2005, 11:06 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Windshield Wiper Hook up Help!

the tach should hook up with three(?) main wires, could depnd on brand/model etc. 1 hot wire, 1 ground wire, and 1 signal wire which should connect to the negative side of coil and leaving the coil. possibly 2 more wires usually for light goes to dimmer controled circuit and ground

Old 04-17-2005, 12:30 PM

Some people will hook the switched power source to the wiper system as this is only powered when the ignition is on. So when your sitting listening to tunes the tach isn't powered. If you want to move it from here then you'll need a multi-meter to see what is powered when the key is in run. As for the SRS light try this. DIRECTIONS: There is a little yellow connector on fuse box. Take it and seperate it from the fuse panel under the dash. Take a paperclip and bend it to hook into the holes. Do this while the car is OFF. Turn the car on the SRS should be ON. When the light goes out remove the paperclip. As soon as the light comes back on put the paperclip back in. Keep doing this until the SRS light flashes and shuts OFF. This will reset the airbag system.
Hope this helps. I had to do the same thing in mine.

Old 04-17-2005, 02:57 PM

hell for the srs light i took my airbags out the light stayed on so just took out the lightbulb but if you plan on keeping your bags then try reseting it