Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

window tint

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Default RE: window tint

I also wanted as black as i could get for the look, and didnt really think i would get such limited vision out of it, especially at night, the tinter said he would do the back and sides as limo, but the front sides he would do a step up from limo, he told me it would look darker because of how dark it would be inside the car from the other windows, he also said a sun strip would help but i hate them, and would not have one on. He was totally right and i had no idea how impaired my vision would be i totally love the look of the car, the tinter guy was right not to go any darker. If you guys have ever driven a van the kind with no rear view or rear windows at all, that is what it is like driving at night, unless theres some headlights behind you, you can see them
Hope you enjoy what ever you end up doing

Old 12-31-2007, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

hey i was just emphasizing that HE might have trouble seeing. I am not gona lie and say i can see perfectly fine with 15% tints

i love my tints and i ment i feel safe as in i wont crash or hit any one unless its their fault. I drive like 50 miles a day to school plus i had a delivery driving job, im pretty confident with my abilities. At night with any tints itll be harder to back up, i dont mean back out of my drive way

i mean when i parallel park im more hesitant because i cant tell how close i am, during night time only that is. Through my driver mirror i can see but its just hindered, all i have to do is go slower or look harder and squint my eyes, but seriously if other people get nervous then they will drive with a nervous mind set and probably get whats coming to them. Around here every other car has either limo tints or close, this area is also very safe with almost no accidents. Except for drunk drivers.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:53 AM

The fact is your car window does not block UV rays depending on how much % you tint your window, The actual glass itself block 99% of the UV ray regardless of how much tint you put on it. But In Philly 30% is legal limit, any lower they ticket you, but that is if you meet ******* cops. Philly cops = cool cops

Old 01-02-2008, 09:47 AM
HCF Member

Eventually I'll be tinting my windows. Here in OH you can have 50% for the front windows. My boyfriend has a '06 Mazda6 with 50% on the front and 5% on the back, which is what I pretty much plan on doing with my car.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:39 PM

I just tinted my 05 ex over the holidays. In Michigan you cannot tint the two side windows at all legally and can only tint the front window with a 4" strip at the top but almost all shops will tint the main side windows 35% and say that the cops don't bother you unless you **** them off or they are having a bad day. So I tinted mine 5%(limo) on the back and two small side rear windows, 35% on the two main side windows, and then a 4" strip across the front window in 5%. The shop did print right on the receipt that the car was tinted illegally due to the 2 side windows being 35% to avoid any legal issues on their part.

I was not sure how I would like the strip in the front because I have never liked it on cars I have seen it on before. However my 05 has very dark almost black interior and with the other windows tinted you cannot even tell the strip is there unless you walk right up on the car or catch from the right angle. If I can get a day when it stops snowing and I have time to wash it I will put up some pics with the new tint. Its the first car I have ever tinted and Ilove it. No more blinding from bright lights behind me, no more sun blinding me in between where my visors don't cover in the front etc.