Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

window tint

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:47 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: window tint

35% is pretty much pointless, i dont know why people bother paying a lot of money when its the same price for any % cept limo

20% is ok if your afraid of being pulled over, but its super ez to see thru during the day. At night its easy to see through if u stare at it, but first glance u might not notice. If ur next to another car they can def see you

i have 15 all around and i love it, during the day its possible to see thru because the light comming from the windshield. but it is pretty much impossible to see thru at night, it looks like limo at night. I cant see when i turn but im super safe and i know my area so well that i dont even worry about hitting pedestrians, and backing up is hard for me at night cuz i cant tell how close i am to a car behind me.

i wud say 20 to be safe, 15 for sexyness and limo if u dont want to be seen at all

Old 12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pairenoid

I cant see when i turn but im super safe and i know my area so well that i dont even worry about hitting pedestrians, and backing up is hard for me at night cuz i cant tell how close i am to a car behind me.
Does this sound like complete insanity to anybody else except me??? Form > Function FTW!

Be smart. Your car has windows for a reason. You need to see out of them. Just because you're "super safe" doesn't mean that somebody isn't going to dart out behind your car when you're not expecting it. Just because YOU are safe doesn't mean that everybody else is.

If you're going to tint your windows so dark that you can't even see out of them, you might as well just take off your rear view and side mirrors too.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:36 PM

When I bought my car it had a 35% tint on it but unfortunately I bought it in Texas and the legal limit in Louisiana is a ridiculous 41% so when i went to go get a new inspection sticker they made me peel it off. Note to all: do not use the rough side of a sponge when removing tint glue >_<

Old 12-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Super Cereal Admin

On my EG, I tinted the rear sides to 5% limo black... it's damn near impossible to see out of them at night (easy during the day though). I have yet to get hassled by the cops for it (then again, my fronts aren't tinted at all yet). I plan on tinting the sides (front and back) of my next car to 5% as well. I refuse to tint the rear window simply because I like to be able to see out of it. You can always roll down your front windows at night; you don't exactly have that option with the rear window.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:35 PM

I have 20% on my 2000 civic coupe. And like others say its hard to see at night but it really changes the look of your car. Im from WI, and i havent had any troubles. but i do strojngly suggest getting it professionally don (unless you know how to do it) that way you get warrenty.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:17 AM
HCF Member

i have 20 % in the front and 5 % in the back and yea its illegal here in cali but i just roll down my front windows a little bit and im good [so i think]

Old 12-27-2007, 04:01 PM

When I bought my car the tinting on the drivers side was kinda messed up. The window came off track (from rain I suppose) and when I repaired it I messed up the tint even more.

I have re-aligned the window and completely removed the tint. I pretty much like to all DIY things. Where do you guys recommend I get some tinting? Are there any things I should keep an eye out for? I want to make sure I get tint that doesnt bubble easily.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: PirateX

ORIGINAL: pairenoid

I cant see when i turn but im super safe and i know my area so well that i dont even worry about hitting pedestrians, and backing up is hard for me at night cuz i cant tell how close i am to a car behind me.
Does this sound like complete insanity to anybody else except me??? Form > Function FTW!
I'm completely with you. If the tint affects the safety AT ALL, it should not be on there. It seems to be all about "the look" with a lot of people - cut springs, 5% tint, cheap HID imitations, etc. Unless you're making drug deals or doing drivebys, you don't need the super-dark tint.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:38 PM
HCF Member

go to the gila website(google it) they have a guide for all 50 states as to whats legal and whats not. i had an accord with factory tint, 1-2% and put on 35% and had a hard time getting it inspected, so be careful.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:38 AM
HCF Member

got a 2008 honda civic si anyone know what the stock tint is

Quick Reply: window tint