Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Wheel colors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default Wheel colors?

As some of you guys may know, I plan on painting my stock wheels to hold me over until I can afford the wheels I want to get. Well, I've narrowed it down to three choices, and I need help deciding.

Choice 1: Battleship Gray)
Name:  wheelsbattleship.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  94.4 KB
It's a safe color; it doesn't match much, but it doesn't clash with any of the colors already on the car, either. The downside is it looks like the stock silver, just covered in brake dust.

Choice 2: Flat Black)
Name:  wheelsblack.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  93.4 KB
Obviously the safest color to choose as far as color matching, but flat black is done quite often, not to mention from a distance flat black wheels always look like steelies.

Choice 3: Bronze)
Name:  wheelsbronze.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  94.9 KB
I'm leaning on bronze; it's not overdone, but it's a good color. My only concern is it will create a three-tone color scheme (red, black, bronze) and I'm not sure I like that.

Anyway, what's everyone's opinion?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Angry Admin

a poll would have been so much better bronze

Old 06-19-2009, 06:10 PM
HCF Member

ewww on the bronze. Sorry but that looks horrible. I would have to go with either 1 or 2. The reason why flat black is done so much is cause it looks sick, but you have and orange car. Orange and bronze dont mix. I have always liked them on your car the stock color. Plus when I see a stang that has painted stock wheels it makes me think wow that person just cheaped out on the wheels and ruined an American Car Icon. LOL. Sorry to be very harsh, but just voicing my option on painting the wheels. Think you should just leave them like they are cause they will then be worth more if you decide to sell them after you get te wheels you want.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Super Cereal Admin

If I could've made it a poll, I would have. I was actually surprised when I went to click the "new poll" button and it wasn't there; this is the first poll-type thread I've made since the changeover to VB.

*edit:
Cronin, I have a red car. I don't know how many times I have to tell people that. As far as resale, one of the wheels is bent, and the wheels in perfect condition are worth pretty much nothing (I'd be lucky to get $150 for all four if they had new tires), so I'll probably end up throwing the wheels in the garage in case I ever have another car with a 5x4.5" bolt pattern and want different wheels. As far as painting the wheels, I'm going to anyway; they all have spots of corrosion where the centercaps go, so I'm going to resurface and re-paint the wheels. I forgot to note that the battleship gray will be metallic and high-gloss, the flat black will be... well, flat, and the bronze will be under a ton of high-gloss clear. Trust me, I'm very good at making spraybomb jobs look good (have you seen my hood/trunk blackout panels?); it's not going to be some ghetto graffiti-looking job that looks like it was sprayed by a retarded 12-year old with parkinson's.

For reference, my car (Performance Red):
Name:  5-17.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  99.1 KB

And an actual orange mustang (Competition Orange):
Name:  100_1838.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  130.1 KB

See the difference? (everyone except Josh McColorblind)

Last edited by reaper2022; 06-19-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Angry Admin

ouch that hurts =[ mainly cause i actually cant see the difference

Old 06-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i would go with black myself... but instead of flat i would go with alittle metalic in the paint.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

you know my answer....matte black

Old 06-19-2009, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

i vote flat black toooooooo... i definately say no to bronze on the color scheme of your car but i know you like that color lol

Old 06-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Angry Admin

with me being colorblind and that means my vote counts more than all of yours cause i am the best suited to be making color choices bronze wins

Old 06-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well, so far it looks like battleship gray is out of the running... I know flat black will match better, but like I said, it's done too often (I understand why it's done so often... I just hate doing things everyone else does). Bronze or gold (not bright gold, but a duller bronze-y gold) would look good IMO, but like I said, I'm not sure on the tri-color scheme.

And I just noticed that Comp. Orange Mach1 I posted has BFGoodrich T/A KDW's.

*ninja edit: it also has the drift stance like mine... negative camber up front, zero camber out back

Quick Reply: Wheel colors?