Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

whats the deal with neons?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Default RE: whats the deal with neons?

I hit a racoon one time and it busted my side tube. [>:]

Old 06-19-2007, 02:24 PM

i don't really care for a neon undercar kit, or leds for that matter. but i do like having some leds under tha dash. driving alone at night with the lights on makes it more pleasant imo, maybe i am weird or afraid of the dark idk

Old 06-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

and ya know i gotta add

leds are so much beter... flexstrips TULE cause i DRAGED my front strip off and drug the strip down the road to and from work the next day cause i didnt know it was draging.LOL i ended up breaking the strip joint apart so only about 1-2ft still lite up.. so i just pulled the strip out and soldered new wires to the strip and now the whole thing lights up again

try throwing a rock at a neon tube....... well dont.LOL it will SHATTER and be a pile of busted glass!!!! now take that led flex strip and drive over that sucker with your car (YES YOU CAN) and it wont hurt it at all.

BUT as to the lights... i feel as long as the lights are HIDDEN and run wheel to wheel light output.... most kits are only like 4-5ft tubes and to get middle wheel to wheel UB light its ruffly 7-8ft....

the most ricest instal UB lights are just cheap kits and lights completly hangen ALL OUT.....

Old 06-19-2007, 05:20 PM
HCF Member

i've got red neons under my seats (not under the dash where they are visible), the case used to be red, but i painted it the same color as my carpet, so now, you can't even see them at all, plus i agree, neons under the dash just put me as ease while i'm driving at night, plus the pulsing with the bass is always cool to watch. as for underbody neons, they can suck my nads, i'll never get them.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o what you dont like this......
Name:  leds002.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  34.5 KB
Name:  16538.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  32.6 KB

first picture is with my 6ft led flex strip... and side cathodes... and second picture is my first full cathodes all the way around...
but its summer and im never out when its dark out anymore SO ive put my UB flexstrip redo on hold...

Old 06-19-2007, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

almost all the plastic of my underbody LEDs are gone, but the LEDs are still kickin. They are basically indestrucable, they've made it through 2 winters now and they're stil lgood. Had a neon kit, all the bulbs shattered, end of story. Also i've left my LEDs on ALL NIGHT and my car started perfect the next morning. I think if the bulbs are hidden, it definitely looks sick, i say go for it as long as its a clean install.

What color were u thinking about getting?

Old 06-19-2007, 09:47 PM

those look sweet. i wanna get some on my car. how long was the install for those?

Old 06-20-2007, 02:36 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well the flex strips are REALY easy to instal... mostly zip ties... BUT hardest part is running the U or L channeling under the car to HIDE the lights... otherwise the lights will be visable AND THATS A NO NO!!!!!!

the strips just use 2 small wires... power/ground...
then with the L or U aluminum channeling just screw those up to the car with some VERY SHORT self taping screws and be carefully where you screw them... and only use like 2-3 per channeling cause they arent that heavy and they are thier more for hidding the lights than suporting the lights cause those strips dont weigh hardly anything! so a few good screws is all it takes to hold em up. ive only riped off that front channeling before and that was cause i was being stupid on a HUGE pile of snow i draged the car ontop of...

and i only had 2 screws in that strip right in the middle of the support.. i also used some zip ties to hold those channeling pieces up as well just as a precation... and a few zip ties around the channeling with the strips inplace..

the 6ft strips come with 3M double sided tape on them already.... so the tape sticks preaty good on clean stuff BUT still use a few zip ties just to be safe!

Old 06-20-2007, 08:32 AM

thanks the hardest part for me would be the wiring cuz i know nothing about that

Old 06-20-2007, 09:41 AM
HCF Member

^ right there with u .

Quick Reply: whats the deal with neons?