Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Water in headlight

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Default Water in headlight

I got moisture in one of my new Halo Projector Angel Eyes headlights. Anyone have any idea what to do?

Old 09-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Default RE: Water in headlight

park ur car in the sun thatshow i got my moisture out of my headlights than u can use some silicon and reseal ur projector back up so no moisture can get in

Old 09-16-2007, 03:27 PM

When I park in the sun, the moisture just goes onto the inside of the lense. I am thinking I take the light off, put it face down in the shade and let it condense on the lense and then suck it out with a straw or something.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Chaos

When I park in the sun, the moisture just goes onto the inside of the lense. I am thinking I take the light off, put it face down in the shade and let it condense on the lense and then suck it out with a straw or something.
hahahaha, well if you think the water is that clean and not so worryied about your health or any chemicals in the water, thats a good old fashion way to do it. Depends how bad it is, if its a couple bubbles here and there open your hood and leave it out in the sun, if it doesnt go away take them out and reseal so it doesnt happen again

Old 09-16-2007, 05:30 PM
HCF Member

bakethem apart get all the water out and re-seal them back up real good with silicon and u'll be fine.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:15 AM
HCF Member

or if ur lazy like me just dont cap them off with the rubber things in the headlights and leave them open so they "can breathe" and voila! ! everytime i dont cap them off thry're fine but once i do they start to fill with that stupid water

Old 09-17-2007, 05:36 AM

ORIGINAL: that_guy5

or if ur lazy like me just dont cap them off with the rubber things in the headlights and leave them open so they "can breathe" and voila! ! everytime i dont cap them off thry're fine but once i do they start to fill with that stupid water
IAM lazy, andIDID leave the caps off. And thats why I think there is water in there. lol. I am going to try some of the other methods tomorrow. Ill let you know which one works. I dont wanna go baking them, I will stuff it up and set fire to something... like myself. And BTW, Ive put alot worse in my mouth than some water thats been in a set of headlights for a few days.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:39 AM

Off topic (but its my thread so I am allowed to ) that_guy5, your civic is remarkably similar to mine, except your rear bar doesnt have the black bumber strip around it. Did it come like that or did you shave it?

Old 09-17-2007, 06:20 AM
HCF Member

This is happening to me. And I even resealed my ebay halos when I got, them, lol. My car's parked in the sun, now to see what happens. Let me know what you end up doing. and if it works.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:31 PM

Today is the day I do something about it.My plan is to use the sun which is painfully blinding and not helping the hangover to my advantage. Im gonna make sure its parked in the sun, let the water all build on the lense, then turn it on its face, and let it collect, and suck it out with a straw. or something like that. Ill let you know. and if I never post again... dont try sucking it out with a straw.

Quick Reply: Water in headlight