Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Underground L.E.D

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Underground L.E.D

i have a front and rear lip and side skirts and i'm lowered.
can you take pictures of where the lights sit? does it take any way much clearance?
i only plan to have them on in my driveway or parking lot, never while driving, since everything is illegal in Cali

Old 12-15-2007, 11:17 PM
HCF Member

k this might just be me, but on page 2 with the pics, why does your car look so high? the back end looks raised but its probly just me?

Old 12-16-2007, 07:57 AM
HCF Member

thats how unlowered cars look... mine looked just like that
check out my car!
Name:  stages.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  78.8 KB

Old 12-16-2007, 09:25 AM
HCF Member

nice 7th gen man! i love the black haha defintly tint the windows! what kinda kit you got on there? i rock a 2002 7th gen as well, only mine is silverid much rather have black haha

Old 12-16-2007, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

hey thanks a lot, the windows are tinted! but only 35% i believe, its very light or dark depending on the angle. I can't go any darker, I have problems driving at night already.
I have a type B front, aero side skirts, and a "type r" rear.
I don't know about rocking in black... its a pain in the *** to wash/keep clean. I swear an hour after i polish and wax it gets dusty all over again. next time around I'm buying a white or silver car.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:40 PM
HCF Member

on where to put them id say since you got a Front and Rear Lip and a sideskirt use that as a advantage to hide the tubes youll be able to hide your's good because you have Front Rear and a sideskirt but honestly on where to put them just use your best judgement on where to put them. but on mine i put them on the Front, Rear Bumper and in the Sideskirt since mine is a Stock Front,Rear and SideSkirt its kinda hard to hide the tubes but since you got your aftermarket body kit it wouldnt be a problem on where to put and hide them id still say get the ones with the 7colors on it coz i do believe the only illegal colors are RED,BLUE and WHITE. becasue thats a Police Colors and ill be better if you check the DMV in your area just to make sure. and ill come with a manual and like i said just read this thread and youll find your answer because i just did mine about 3-4weeks ago and im a real Newbie on Modding World but i didnt have any problem installing mine. and bro where did you get your Lip Kit and Side SKirt know any online store on where to get on coz i ha a 05Civic and im planing to get a LipKit and a SideSKirt and how much drop did you do on yours?? thats my next one im gonna drop mine early nextyear.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

was wiring into the car hard to do?I want to know how hard or how easy it is before i buy it, because i plan to do it myself but i dont know anything. Did you have to splice wires or was it plug and play? Where does the electricity come from to run the lights?

i got my front and sides from a guy i met online.
the rear came from ebay. its deffinitely my favorite rear compared to the OEM or AERO rear because it balances the car a lot more.

here are some more pictures: enjoy! This custom lip kit I put together cost me 680 bucks including paint. The extra 80 dollars resulted in me paying my mechanic to paint my front and sides... and boy was that a mistake. I brought it to a pro that did it for me for 400 bucks which was the lowest I got because they had to sand and grind all the old paint off - they weren't too happy - but i was with the results from the pros. I also installed it myself which saved about 200 bucks.

I dropped my car with Tein S tech springs and stock shocks. My 17 inch rims raises the car up a bit more. If you have 16 inch rims or lower, it would fill the gaps up a lot more. All around the gap is a tight two finger. I'm still not happy with the rear and will get coil overs soon. The ride quality is good but not great, its a little bouncy though but i can handle it for now... oh yeah clearance isnt a big issue either i get over most things, just have to be careful and angle a little bit becauseof the lip kit. I'm deffinitely not going to go lower on the front, very content because of the crappy roads here.

here are some more pics for a better idea of the kit
Name:  DSC02822.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  65.5 KB
Name:  DSC02735.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  54.1 KB
Name:  DSC02680.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  48.8 KB

Old 12-17-2007, 07:14 PM
HCF Member

Well wiring it to the car is not really that hard specially if you know a lil bit about wiring, just to make things easier for you go to advance auto parts get the HAYNES MANUAL book for Honda im pretty sure they got1 for your 7thGEn and if you can get that Manual everything will be really easy because it has a Step by Step procedures on how to do everything on your 7th Gen so $18 for that book is nothing because im pretty sure you can use that in the near future. but dont worry wiring is not really that hard and it is really going to be a lot easier if you got an assistance doing this one. believe me your not going to have installing this one like i told you before im a real newbie in the modding world and i got mine done by myself.

and about Lowering your car im also sitting on 17inch rims and planning to get Tein S tech springs with the 1.3" front drop, 1.4" rear drop. and im also thinking of getting the Tokico HP Series Shocks. and your not using a LOW PROFILE TIRE aint you coz i talk to this guy one time and he told me when i did that drop i have to change my tire to LowProfile,

Old 12-17-2007, 09:31 PM
HCF Member

haha im ridin 17's on 205/45's but got the stockers on there now. i would drop mine, but honestly, my exhaust is too low[:@]i defintly am ordering the front and sides the same as you (if you dont mind of course! haha) and as for the rear im not sure yet. i absolutely love that type b front lip. im thinkin about the underglow thing but if i did it, i would get the LED flex strips off oznium.com, those would be sooo easy to hide

Old 12-17-2007, 11:23 PM
HCF Member

my tires are 205 / 45, low profile tires.. thats why my car seems a little high , that size rims/tire with tein s tech means tight 2 finger drop

Quick Reply: Underground L.E.D