Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Underground L.E.D

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Underground L.E.D

Camber will not make any real difference in your tire wear. Actually, for some drops (when you tuck tire), you need negative camber. But you really won't need a camber kit for a 1.5" drop. Just make sure you get the car aligned (when the guy tells you he can't fix the camber, just smile and say "I know.") and the toe set back to stock. All camber is is the lean of the tires. Also, you'll be able to actually see negative camber when you look at a lowered car. Personally, I think it looks cool in moderation.

For example, 0 degrees camber would have the wheels perfectly vertical like this:

|| ||

Negative camber (caused by lowering a vehicle) causes the top of the wheels to lean in towards the center of the vehicle like so:

// \\

Name:  b-1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  17.0 KB
^ you can see the negative camber from when I slammed my car... look at the way the top of the back wheel is leaning "in".

Positive camber (caused by raising a vehicle) causes the top of the wheels to lean out away from the vehicle:

\\ //

Now, toe on the other hand, is the direction of the wheels when the steering wheel is set perfectly straight. If the wheels aren't both pointed directly ahead, they'll drag slightly every time they rotate, which in turn will destroy your tires after about 3000 miles (not that I'm speaking from experience or anything lol).

"Toe in" is when one (or both) of the wheels point in toward the center of the vehicle when the steering wheel is straight.
"Toe out" is when one (or both) of the wheels point out away from the vehicle when the steering wheel is straightened.

zero toe: || ^ || (looking down from above the vehicle at the wheels, the ^ is the direction of the vehicle)

Toe in: || ^ \\ (looking down... and it obviously won't be this noticeable... you really can't see incorrect toe like you can camber)

Toe out: || ^ // (looking down)

I hope this helped... if you need more help, just let us know.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:06 PM

Yea.... Camber IS IMPORTANT..... just like caster and toe are important. Alignment specs ARE THERE for a reason....

Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Super Cereal Admin

and was the toe set back to zero after the car was lowered?

sorry, but I trust the stickies more than I trust you... sticky and specific link

Old 12-07-2007, 04:45 PM

... Huh I never said trust me (and frankly it's quite hostle to make the comment "I trust this more than I trust you", you don't know me in any shape or form nor do you know the author of that article so who frankly cares who you trust), I simply said that camber is just as important as caster and toe and to assume otherwise is stupid. The spread of miss-information on forum boards and websites leads to alot of "myths" (back pressure is the best one) and petty fights over opinons.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:45 PM
HCF Member

thanks Reaper ill just get the shocks and springs for now and to make sure im going to do the right thing im gonna ask some 05civic users and ask them about the plan im doing to lower my 05civic well thanks again but im probably gonna get the shock and the spring nextyear coz, holiday season is getting closer i need to save some money and one last question do you have a DIY on how to install spring and shock is it going to be easy and do you think a newbie like me can do it myself?? thanks again ill hit you up again once i got the spring and shock, PEACE

Old 12-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I have a DIY I wrote up for someone else a while back... I'll see if I can't find a link. And it's a pretty easy install... you basically just pull off the stock springs/shocks and bolt the new ones up.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

Oh and one thing im still looking for a online store to get the Tokico Blue Shock,, or do you have any suggestion on what kind of shock and spring do i need to get?? on the Spring im thinking about getting the Tein-S or the Eibachi but on the Shock the only thing i have in mind is the Tokico.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well, I have KYB AGX's on my car and I'm happy with them (inexpensive + adjustable = ), but I'd say the Tokicos are probably a little better. Now that I think of it, CarDomain probably carries Tokicos in their shop. And a lot of people around here have Tein S-techs and love them. Personally, I went with Ground Control coilovers because I love the look of an absolutely dumped car.

and here's the linke to my DIY writeup... just scroll down a little bit and you'll see it.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

how easy was it to install these LEDs?
I'm looking to get some for my car, but worried about them ripping off in the road
do they sit flat with the car or hang kind of low? anyone have pictures or a specific brand they would reccomend i would appreciate it much. i'm thinking blue on a black car.
thanks

Old 12-15-2007, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

Installing the TUBES is not really that Hard all you need is a Hydraulic Jack and Jack Support to make sure your safe underneath the car and your gonna need some basic tools and it is better to do this with a assistant to make everything easier and safer. well back on the Topic like i said installing the Tubes is not hard just make sure you place them in the right place and make sure you hide them real good and no their not gonna hang low depends on how you place them the only hard part is the wiring because you dont want them to trip once you install them and if you read this thread youll basically find all the answer you need coz i did mine about three weeks ago did everthing in one day thats why i said their not hard to install just make sure you plan everything before you start doing them... regarding on the Brand id say get the StreetGlow L.E.D you can get them at advance auto parts and their gonna come with a manual to that will help you a lot and id say get the one's with the 7colors because you said you want the BLUE one's the only problem you got is BLUE and RED are illegal in most state you dont wanna get in trouble for that that's why i said get the one with the 7Colors heres the color of the one im talking about RED,YELLOW,GREEN,NEO-BLUE,TURQOISE,PURPLE and WHITE. and also the white ones are kinda illegal too because some POLICE will tell you it's a Blinding Color. and also Just Read this Thread and youll find all the answer you need and if you got more question JUST Ask GOOD LuCK

and one thing i got an 05Civic if you got the same ones the tubes in the rear bumper is going to be really hard to hide unless youre gonna cut a hole in your rear bumper if you dont wanna do that you can get a rear Lip. im thinking of doing the same thing.

Quick Reply: Underground L.E.D