Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Underground L.E.D

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Underground L.E.D

I'm not sure about the legality of neons regarding color... I'd say the best thing to do would just be going to the local PD and asking them about it. It's not like they're going to fine you for asking about the law or anything. And tickets/warnings/whatever are really up to the officer that pulls you over. Last winter I got lit up for driving around with my underlights on (blue) and the officer gave me a warning (and a 30 minute lecture about what's legal and what isn't). Well, I got a 5-day fix-it ticket, too, but it's not like I got fined or anything.

And check HMotorSports or StreetStyler for the lips, too.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:48 PM
HCF Member

Thanks again man, and heres some pic of my car its really still on working progress and like everybody else im on my budget working my way to get all the upgrade's do you think the Type-R Lip will look good on my car even if i dont paintthem or should i justget awhole Body Kit?

Name:  ShowinUp.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  76.3 KB
Name:  SideView-1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  81.6 KB

Old 12-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'd say you'll probably want them to be painted to match. It might look odd, especially since you don't have any black on your car (from what I've seen, most lips come in black... both my mugen and type-r did anyway). And get that thing lowered... it'll look a lot better when you do.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

i was gonna get it lowered after i put the neons, but since the neons was really visible im gonna probably get the Lip first then lowered it later, oh and if i do lower it can i just put the spring's and not change the shock?? i did post a thread about lowering mine bout couple of months ago but everybody's telling me different things so icant really decide what to get, and i did talk to this guy with an 05civic and he told me he only change the spring when he lowered he's civic, is 1'5 of a drop will look better or is it too much?? and im not planning on racing my car its just about looking goodfor me right now.

oh and i saw a Type-R Lip on Pro Civic for $150 a piece is that a good price or should i also check ebay?

Old 12-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Super Cereal Admin

you can just change the spring, but using stock shocks with shorter springs will blow out the shocks earlier. It's just easiest to change everything at once so you don't have to pull everything apart twice to replace blown-out shocks.

And a 1.5" drop will look fine... the wheel gap will be eliminated, but it won't be so low that you'll have to worry about the tires rubbing. I'd recommend lowering it before you get the lips. That way, you can learn to drive with a lower car before driving around with fragile plastic lips (I learned that one the hard way).

And for the record, you can't have too much drop... last summer I was tucking the rear tire halfway to the wheel and tucking about 3/4" of the tire up front... gotta love coilovers lol

*edit: and I'd say check ebay... $150 is pretty steep for just a front or rear lip....

Old 12-05-2007, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

i was thinking about that too because a lot of people in the forums told me to change the shock whenever i replace the springs i was thinking about getting the
TEIN S-Tech Springsfrom what ive heard their a good spring specially for everday driving and the Tokico HP Series Shocks / Strutsthe only problem i got is i cant find a online website to buy the shock do you know any good online store for shocks??? and one thing do i still have to change the front camber kit?? like i said before im not planning on racing i only use my car on a daily basis do i still have to get the camber kit???

Old 12-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Honestly, I'm not really sure about where to get Tokicos... I checked summitracing and procivic but neither of them have them. I'll eventually find you a site (personally, I don't trust ebay for important parts.. there's too many knockoffs). Anyway, you do not need your camber corrected. Yes, your car will look kind of funny with its wheels at an angle, but it will not wear your tires significantly faster. Incorrect toe will do that. So as long as you get your car aligned after you lower it (wait about 2 weeks for the springs to settle), you won't have to worry about tire wear. Well, I'll be honest. Camber will wear your tires slightly (not even noticeably) faster. But it'll only take a few hundred miles off their life (my guess would be about 300 miles... so if you can live with your tires wearing out the equivalent of one full gas tank before they should, you'll be fine).

Old 12-06-2007, 04:40 PM

EBAY is your friend.... Me personally I'd say get Tokico Illumina's, they have a 5 way adjuster on the top of the shock shaft and it allows for a softer or harder ride (me personally the only way I'd lower my car is if I can adjust the shock to work with the springs)....

Old 12-07-2007, 02:54 AM
HCF Member

so are you saying Spring and Shock will be fine, will it wear my tire faster with the camber kit or my tire will last longer without the camber kit??? and is 1.4rear drop and 1.3front drop too much of a drop for just a daily driving car?? im a real newbie on cars thats why i need to make sure i do them right thanks again

Old 12-07-2007, 05:31 AM
HCF Member

1.5" inch drop is going to affect anthing..if you had like a 3" drop well thats a whole new story, but to answer your wuestion you will be fine... and i suggest going on ebay and looking for skunk2 sport shocks. there should be likea seller that has them for like 250 buy it now offer hime like 220 and there yours. thats where i got mine and i love them

Quick Reply: Underground L.E.D