Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Underground L.E.D

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 07:17 PM
HCF Member
Default Underground L.E.D

Anyone got a DIY on how to install a Underground L.E.D or any suggestion on how to install them?? thanks everyone.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Underground L.E.D

Do you mean underbody?

Old 12-01-2007, 07:48 PM
HCF Member

Undercar Kit of LED's do you have a DIY or suggestion on installing them?

Old 12-01-2007, 10:35 PM
HCF Member

if you search you will find so many threads that talk about it..

but because you are new.. i will help you out

CLICK ME

Old 12-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Super Cereal Admin

what all does the kit come with? It should have four tubes (2 around 4', 2 around 3'), tube hangers, screws, a transformer/inline fuse, wires, and a switch.

Anway, jack up the car and use the hangars and screws to attach the tubes to the car. There's really no place to hide the side tubes, but there's a part of the frame on the front of the car that's perfect for mounting a neon/led tube (you have to cut away at the plastic splash shield underneath the bumper though). In back, there's really no place to hide the tube either, but get a rear lip and you won't have a problem with the tubes being visible (the same with the front... lips not only look great, but they help hide neon and led tubes ). Anways, once the tubes are all mounted, figure out a place to mount the transformer (where all the wires can reach, since LED kits that have flashing patterns will have wires that can't be extended). Mount the transformer and run all the wires to it. Now run the wires from the transformer to the switch and ground (positive to the switch, the negative can be grounded on pretty much any part of the car's body). Then, all you have to do is run a wire from the switch to either a fused power source or the battery itself.

^ all that's assuming you bought a pre-made kit. If you're piecing it together yourself, let me know and I'll go into detail about what you need, where you can get it, what you have to do to install everything, etc.

and where's addiction? I'm sure he'll have some input on this.

*edit: actually, now that I think about it, addiction used metal u-channel or something to hide/protect his side tubes. I'd think you could find some in Lowe's or Home Depot or somewhere like that.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:20 PM
HCF Member

^ i actually had a few runners that i tucked the tubes on the inside of and then just pointed the LEDs outwards and it worked for me, but i agree with those being teh hardest to hide.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:22 PM
HCF Member

I have/had/still kinda have the led tubes but after doing a bit of offroading i managed to break the majority of the two side tubes. anywho..i took the led strips out of the tubes and have them flush mounted on the bottom of my car...they seem to be doing fine and you cant see them at all.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:41 PM
HCF Member

I kinda got mine done but the 2tubes in the side skirt are visible and specially the one in the rear bumper but the ones in the front are really good i didnt even need to cut anything, and about the Front and Rear Lip thats the best way that i think to hide the front and rear tubes, but all the tubes are really not a major problem for me right now my major problem is wiring i got all the wires in the dash and their all in place now,i got theGROUND(-) set-up and the 12v Battery(+) set-up the only problem i got is on how to connect the 12v Ignition(+) because im running mine right now in the 12v cigarette Lighter thing is that a bad idea?? and the remote is alsoset-up so what im doing to get mine working is basically Plug in the
12v ignition(+) into the cigarette lighter, anyways i only did that because i want to see it running and working. thanks guys on who ever help me out on this all help will really be apreciated.

oh and one thing will the Type-R Front and Rear Lip will it Look good on my 05 Civic? i saw it on PROCIVIC.Com

Old 12-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Super Cereal Admin

does the kit have a switch already? If not, you're probably going to want. Anyway, just cut off the end of the wire (the plug-in thing), strip the wires, and figure out which one's positive and negative. The easiest way to do this is with a 9v battery... just touch the wires to the terminals... when it lights up, you have them right. Don't worry about reversing the polarity, either.. it won't harm the leds. Anyway, just ground out the negative end (to any metal part of the car) and run the positive wire to either a fused source (there should be a fuse box under the dash on the driver's side) or the battery (make sure you have an inline fuse between the switch and battery just to be on the safe side). FYI if you choose the battery route, there's rubber plugs in the firewall. Just pull the front carpet up a little and you should be able to find them. Anyway, just pull one of those, cut (or poke) a small hole in it, push the wire through it (and put the newly-made grommet back in place) and run it to the battery. Just please don't run the wires through the door jamb up into the fender... I've heard stories of wires getting pinched and starting fires.

(and I think the type-r lips would look awesome... I like how for the 04-05's, the rear lip looks like the bottom of the buddy club bumper)

Old 12-04-2007, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

Yeah the one's i got comes with a switch, and thanks for the instruction... anyways whats the legal color of neon are allowed in Florida because from what ive heard it was GREEN & PURPLE or TURQOUISE..and if you do get pull over from using neons are they gonna fined you and give you a ticket or are they just gonna give you a warning??? and do you guys know whats the best website to get the LIP aside from ebay?? is PRO CIVIC.com a good online store.. thanks again

Quick Reply: Underground L.E.D