Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

underglow

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Default RE: underglow

i think its a website that sells LED ricer underbody tack

Old 12-02-2007, 01:35 PM

yeah my uderglow just about stretches without any blank spots. its just the camera setting i was onthat made it look like that

Old 12-02-2007, 04:36 PM
HCF Member

addiction got his corner to corner by using cold cathodes and putting them in cusotm L brackets. A ****load of work and costs alot more than a $50 Ebay LED underbody kit, but it pays off....

but anyway to OP, nice job on hiding the bulbs

Old 12-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i USED to have cold cathodes BUT most of them i didnt get sealed good enough and about half of them failed as you can see in afew pictures thiers spots that arent as bright....
i put on some FLEXABLE LED strips. tho after i got the front and rear strips that are 6ft long most my side cathodes burned out from water leaking into the transformers... but since it was summer and only time i drove my car when it was dark was going to work in the morning... so i never finished swaping out the side cathodes to the flexstrips... i cut cut off all the old cathodes, i also riped off the front flexstrip last year from the snow bank, had to pull it off and solder on some new powerwires and i just havent put it back on yet

and since i put on my OEM fog lights i lost my UB light switch location... so preaty much the only lights i have on the car now is the rear strip. LOL
im also thinking about striping it off just cause i just dont drive at night anymore!!!!!!! so its preaty much a waste.
but i might finish the UB lights on it..... kinda up in the air. i think im gonna aim for more interior lighting and brake lighting on the 99civic first tho....

but best part about the flexstrips is... well theirs several.LOL they are flexable as hell so can twist all over, and then are so shallow they are easy to hide, they are completly water proof, dont take much power at all, are BRIGHT AS HELL!!! , plus they are practicaly unbreakable!!!!! i riped my front strip off and snaged it very hard and all it did was rip off my aluminum chaneling and broke the contact wire ribben half way thru the strip... just pulled the strip out alittle and soldered new wires to it and it works perfect again

this is how my rear 6ft strip is ran....
Name:  ledflex013.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  30.2 KB

and if i play with my camera setting the lights look SUPER EXTREME BRIGHT.LOL looks almost white from the flexstrips, they are brighter than my old cold cathodes, and as you can see from the side you can see a few of the cathodes burned out
old pictures tho...
Name:  frontledstrips008.jpg
Views: 3071
Size:  38.4 KB

i was gonna lite up the wheel wells and rims also but like everything else just never had enough money for all the lights...
those 6ft strips are like 70bucks each so not to cheap... BUT are well worth it in my opinion!
hell i even had one cop try telling me they were to bright. LMFAO like thiers such a thing as TO BRIGHT. LMFAO thier not in peoples eyes and lights where hidden so he couldnt ticket me

Old 12-02-2007, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

i was gonna lite up the wheel wells and rims also but like everything else just never had enough money for all the lights...
those 6ft strips are like 70bucks each so not to cheap... BUT are well worth it in my opinion!
hell i even had one cop try telling me they were to bright. LMFAO like thiers such a thing as TO BRIGHT. LMFAO thier not in peoples eyes and lights where hidden so he couldnt ticket me
Isn't underglow illegal though unless you're stationary?

Edit: And addiction I know those are your old rims, but are those your old lights too? They look like black housing. Look pretty sweet...

Old 12-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

they were stock headlights.... just how they show up in the picture instead of chrome.

and as alot of mods them being LEGAL or ILLEGAL all depends on your state

Old 12-02-2007, 06:01 PM
HCF Member

i cant wait to put my neons on.....

Old 12-02-2007, 06:06 PM

I thought about giving my teg the ol' oznium try, but I figured a stock automatic teg didn't need anything that showy[8D]