Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

underbody glow

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:17 AM
HCF Member
Default underbody glow

at the risk of sounding like a ricer, i ask the following question,

where is a good place i can get a multicolor LED glow? i've only seen ozniums, but i have heard the controller for the lights and settings are pretty terrible.

Thanks.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: underbody glow

StreetGlow makes a pretty good multi-color led kit.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:30 PM
HCF Member

^+1 for StreetGlow
remember, putting on underglow is just asking for the attention from police

Old 05-22-2008, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

i think they sell them (or something like it) at best buy.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:17 PM
HCF Member

They have some streetglow at pepboys

Old 05-23-2008, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: macbeth18288

^+1 for StreetGlow
remember, putting on underglow is just asking for the attention from police
i know it sounds like a stupid investment, but i don't plan on cruising down the streets with them on, just something to impress the friends at a parking lot or something.

sure it sounds stupid for something that costs 200+ dollars, but whatever.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

auto zone, pep boys, advanced.....

Online, ebay... you will find them a lot cheaper there.

but be sure you want to spend the money on them. I had them and they got old....i felt like i wasted 200 bucks 6 months down the road.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:06 AM
HCF Member

if your thinking they might be a little to expensive down the road or even now you could go with some under the seat leds or just buy some leds a put them wherever for about $50 for everything you will need. i was going to get some too, a while ago, but then i saw some cars with them on vs. the ones i did my self in my door handles, door compartments, glove box, arm rest and above the cig lighter. people always like mine better. they look at other peoples under glow and say they already know how they did that, just screw them on, they want to talk to me cause i had to put them in all those places, a little harder and personaly i think it looks better, girls love it at night to go for rides, last week me and my buddies went out and my buddies girlfriend wanted to ride with me, hahahaha

Old 05-25-2008, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: gooberguy
i've only seen ozniums, but i have heard the controller for the lights and settings are pretty terrible.

Thanks.

I've got a V2 wheel well kit and I'm getting a V2 undercar kit this week, I've never heard anything bad about the Inferno's controllers.... Main reason to use Oz is it's customer service, most other places will sell you kits and wash their hands of you, Oz will do almost anything to make things right...

In retrospect I've purchased two different Ebay interior led kits (both 6 tube or "tube" units, both wireless remote operated), one by EFX has flexable "tubes" (tho it's a one time flex to fit set up, too much movement and they fail) and one by an unknown company (it's the same units sold by LED Glow). Both units did multi colors, flashs n such BUT the EFX kit didn't remember your previous settings at all so when turned on it'd always go back to the same pattern and led's are mega dim. The other kit remembered last setting, the leds are alot brighter (has three segments per led tube so it can do a scroll/chase/zig zag/breathing/beating flash feature) and I was realy happy with it BUT I couldn't have each tube/zone be a different color.

Now the EFX I had an issue with and got TERRIBLE customer service with (send us a money order for $35 and the tubes and we'll maybe see what we can do to fix them), the other kit I had no problems with but I have a feeling I'd not be able to get any form of support from the seller.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

I got the kit from LEDunderbody.com it was just a single color but it came with a little controller box as well as a wireless keychain remote.

the module was cool caues it had like a bunch of cool flashing things as well as some things that went to music with a little microphone. i would alwasy put it on one of the music settings and hit my car it and it would light up and people would freek out. kinda cool. but led tubes kinda suck and brake. only down fall imo