Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Under body lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Default Under body lights

well ive researched the costs and all

but there illegal here

soo i would only turn them on at night osbviously

how do u turn them on and off? is there a switch or wut

it not what do you think it would cost to have a switch installed

Old 10-11-2006, 06:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Under body lights

theres a switch that comes with the kit that you hook up in your car

Old 10-11-2006, 06:40 PM
HCF Member

Well you would need to get a switch and run wires to it.......and the cost of a switch being installed well I am not sure its pretty easy to do it yourself if you have the right tools i.e.-exacto knife, knife, drill, dremel anything that cuts ....just a question what car is it if its a car with pretty cheap parts available then id get a second part of that you are cutting and use that and keep the original safe....and wires all you need to do for that is run the positive of the neon to the acc. port of the switch hook the ground of the neon to either the battery ground or a ground on the body you can drill a hole but you would need to sand the paint off in order for it to act as a ground....and then run a wire directly from the battery + to the positive port of the switch and attach a neg ground wire to the neg/ground port .....I would also suggest using 14 guage wire for the install ive done this for interior neon and it works good.......hope this helps

Old 10-12-2006, 07:38 AM
HCF Member

It's only illegal to drive with it on, it can be on while ur parked on private property.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:59 AM
HCF Member

how do you know it illegal? Is there some website to check? IM thinking dooing one. im in TEJAS.
Pimped Walmart switch costs 2 bucks. It s better than the switch comes with the lights!

Old 10-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Recognized HCF Member

most lights are illegal in several states.....

best way to find out ask some cops.....
i know in indiana thier only illegal if they are blue,red, green and bulbs are visable!!!!

ive been rocken underbody lights on my rides for 10 years now... been harassed pleanty of times over the years BUT thats why ya learn from your mistakes...

if you cannt hide the bulbs DONT PUT THEM ON YOUR RIDE! thats the biggest thing i always encourage when doing underbody lights!
ive always loved underbody lights and probably always will! but they just gotta be done right! full corner to corner lighting and bulbs hidden... anything else is just "fast and furious wanna be"

Old 10-12-2006, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

anything else is just "fast and furious wanna be"
No coment

Old 10-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL ya alot of people say all underbody lighting is so ricer and fastNfurious copying... but i just tell them........... iv ebeen doing UB lighting for ALOT LONGER than these 2f2f movies have been out.LOL

but like anything in modifying............ it needs to be done classy.......

like most body kits........ thiers those that people throw on that look like crap and are made outta crap as well.LOL

its just gotta be done right!
ive seen to many people throw on these cheap crapy lights that are so small thiers TONS of black space around the car where lighting should be...
then thiers the instals where the bulbs are just hangen low free for all eyes to see... YUCK personaly.

lets compare which you think look beter..
thiers..

and another result from leten the bulbs just hang low and unprotected

and mine.
braced and hidden channels at the same time.

wheel to wheel lighting.... bulbs not visable.... bulbs protected from road debri....

so far i have had no bulbs break BUT i have had afew transformers burn out unfortunatly... just due to water geting into the transformers from not sealing them properly for exterior use.

and my wheel wells i will be lit up preaty soon as well! just dont have enough cash currently for the flexable led bars....

Old 10-12-2006, 04:31 PM

sick thanks for all the returns they all helped

im pretty shur its illegal here

addiction i think i might go with green too

and im prolly gunna bring it and all my civic things to a shop

cause theres one thing i learned from my moped is that if u put something on worse its just gunna make everything a whole lot worse

and idk wut im doing

i will find out though if not theyll be for show

Old 10-12-2006, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

Addiction2bass i have a question for you. I know you have your lights for under your car in channels, but how does the channels sit? Is the light exposed to the ground like this:

Name:  LEDbottom.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  422.7 KB

Or is it exposed to the side like this:

Name:  LEDside.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  422.7 KB

Quick Reply: Under body lights