Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Taillights finaly tinted what ya think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Taillights finaly tinted what ya think?

lol word of advice if you do remove the "Civic" emblem, dont use a rotary tool with a felt tip to get that adhesive crap off. I spent 45 minutes with goo gone and different rags to try and get the hard green stuff off but nothing worked. It was way different than my DX emblem, that came right off and the glue wasnt as hard. So a grabbed a hella soft felt pad threw it on the dremel and buffed away. The green stuff came off, along with the paint......the felt got so hot from spinning it burnt the clearcoat right off. Big mistake and everytime i look at it i realize how much of an idiot i am........so dont be stupid like me!!!!

Old 10-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i always use a heatgun and some plastic scrapers and my thumb for the majority of the glue residue, then the goo gone stuff and if i must 2000grit sandpaper and then some buffen...

Old 10-31-2006, 07:48 PM
HCF Member

Looks good man.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Recognized HCF Member

what do you guys think about if i sanded them down clean again and leave the lower clear part untinted?
what ya think if i tinted it like that?

excuse the very quick picture edit.LOL
but thats the idea im thinking of doing...
and also puting in some chrome colored bulbs for the turn signals so its a pure white look along the bottom.

main reason is i cant see anything with my reverse lights when backen up early in the morning
so definatly would like to fix that.....

what do you think? does that still look nice or should i just throw some fog lights under the car and wire them up to my reverse lights?

Old 11-01-2006, 02:34 PM
HCF Member

Looks much better, i deffinately suggest doing that

Old 11-01-2006, 03:19 PM

I'd do the smoked uppers only so you least have a useable reverse light. You could do a lighter tint on the lower units, blend them more but still allow them to be seen.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

wel cannt realy tint them cause then i still wouldnt be able to see much behind me.

my windows are also tinted..... so if anything id have to keep em clear.....
i hope it looks alright to be done that way.....

Old 11-01-2006, 04:20 PM
HCF Member

with your chrome wheels on there i like them all blacked out, but with those stockers i like them that way....lol you should change ur tailights wen u change ur wheels.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:24 PM

i like it the way u have em with the black on top and white on the bottom,thas crazy!

Old 11-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i figure keeping the bottom part will also look more custom and still have that nice newer style taillights.

well next year i will be buying some 17inch rims that will be black with a chrome polished lip....
stock hubcaps arent on the car and wont be unless these tires realy suck in the snow.LOL got these rims used for a decent price.... just have to change up the rims alittle, a mugen front lip kit and either a SI front grill or custom made grill.... still trying to decide what i want to do with it... but other than that the exterior wont have to many mods on it.... just keepen it simple!

tho eventualy i do want air struts.... which if i sell my truck preaty soon im definatly gonna buy them
so ill be able to drop the civic at will and be able to pay off all my CC bills which will be relaxing to know them be gone.LOL

gonna list my truck in the paper tomorow afternoon... and hopefully the right guy with the right $$ will like the truck soon enough.LOL

tho i dont think ill bag the civic till spring.. BUT id like to have everything needed purchased and waiting

Quick Reply: Taillights finaly tinted what ya think?