Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Taillights finaly tinted what ya think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default Taillights finaly tinted what ya think?

WELL FINALY i checked out that nightshade spray from summit.... WOW STUFF WORKS GREAT SO FAR!

i finaly had a preaty warm day today so was able to spray my taillights amin ago...
only downfall is i did rush so i got alittle dirt, forgot to sand down lettering on the outter tails... O WELL at least i know this is definatly the stuff to use to tint the taillights!!!!!!
i put three layers on the tails... probably to much.LOL cause it says dont apply more than 3 layers or light might not shine thru.LMFAO BUT O WELL i can always sand it down and redue it which i will do eventualy..... call it a winter project...

ill fill the cracks, sand down all the lettering so its perfectly smooth sand all this tint off and redue them maybe lighter or the same depending on how they look once i can hook em up.
stuff is definatly worth the money! dont buy that ebay crap spray tint! that bastard left me neutral feedback cause i left mine neutral saying the tint sucked... bastard i bought two cans of that crap and they are super small cans and was total crap! fish eyed like a ****! this stuff sprayed on extremly smooth first shot!

O SO SEXY even with afew bad spots.LMFAO
plus its EXTREMLY windy out and leafs falling everywhere got alittle more dirt on them
next time ill spray them inside my house when my parents are gone for the winter should be a perfect spray job!

inside shop darkness
dark video CLICK HERE
outside, sun behind camera
outside video CLICK HERE

looks like it will be just fine that dark and still be visable! I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!! and so far highly recomend it!
nighshade CLICK HERE

downfall is a rushed it REALY FAST!!!!!! didnt get it completly clean... and forgot to sand down the lettering off the outter taillights... and i sprayed it way to fast so it has a few small runs.

BUT ill redue it in a few months when i can work on them inside my house...
ill sand them down again, sand all the lettering off and also fill the inner tail light lenses seperation pieces around the back up lights... filling then with liquid plastic ill fill the cracks and sand it completly smooth so after i retint them again it will be super smooth!
ill still only use 3 heavy layers. greatly spaced apart so no runs. LMFAO and painted inside for very little if no dust/hair in the air...

Old 10-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Default RE: Taillights finaly tinted what ya think?

looks good. better hope the cops in ur area arnt aholes..

Old 10-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

nope thier not to bad... they are only somewhat bad on my UB lights BUT they just hurass me maybe afew times a year about them but ive never goten a ticket... just verbal warnings, they know thiers nothing they can do cause my bulbs are hidden they just try to scare me from time to time. but it never works.LOL

and even if i do get ticketed or a fix it ticket alls i gotta do is sand it off and buff the lenses back to that stock shine

Old 10-30-2006, 06:12 PM

Looks really good dude. I think I might get a can of that next spring. Im going to leave my taillights like i have them till i get a ticket or spring comes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13146/107679CCE6AA4E3692C3DE09B7A7C6A5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-30-2006, 06:17 PM

Told you Nite Shades are super easy to spray and the outcome is always great........

Old 10-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BlackDX

Told you Nite Shades are super easy to spray and the outcome is always great........
definatly some great sh**!!!!!!
also figure before i redue them again ill spray the back and ends of the lenses cause thiers that lite red visable on the ends... then ill sand the fronts and redue it all again.

i figure i should get my headlight covers any day now......
i bought some carbon fiber headlight covers.... cause i want a slight black out look infront but still maximum light output.....
and if i ever get some HIDs then i might tint the headlight covers alittle more.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:29 PM
HCF Member

niice work i did the same thing last month to mine that stuff is frigin sweet i dont get how it works siince it goes on so dark but the light still shines through ...i noticed u have a similar problem that i did, around the very outsides of the outer lens there is some red shine. lol i dunno if we both missed the same spot? either way im fixing it this weekend , its kinda annoying but once again niice work!

Old 10-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

those things are blackkkkkkkk. how about a night shot?

Old 10-30-2006, 11:00 PM

your car looks too black now.. stock would look better in my opinion

Old 10-30-2006, 11:13 PM
HCF Member

Looks good. I am going to do the same thing but im going more for a "smoked" look......So ill slightly paint em.

Quick Reply: Taillights finaly tinted what ya think?