Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Swapped Back Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 PM
HCF Member
Default Swapped Back Headlight

As you all remember i had some ebay projector headlight with 6000K HID kit. So today i decided to switch back to some black housing halogen headlight and also switched the white corner light to amber. what do you guys this, should i keep this set up or switch back to the projector headlight. I like the lighting of the projector headlight but i also like the look of the current setup. what do you guys think.

Projector Headlight/ White Corner

Black Housing Halogen Headlight/ Amber Corner

Last edited by sfazngiants; 06-12-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:05 AM

Looks good.

Those aren't the Nokya bulbs in the last pic, are they? If they are, you got the Cosmic white and not the Arctic white, right?

I love how black housing reflector lens headlights give the front end that serious down-to-business look, whereas the projectors give it the futuristic look. I think reflector lens goes better with the front end on any Civic.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 06-13-2009 at 12:13 AM.
HCF Member

I dont know if the difference in function warrants keeping the projectors but the black housing halogen looks feckin sweet! Is that just painted OEM housing? I like it a lot...

HCF Member

ooo i like, looks a lot better imo.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:15 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Looks good.

Those aren't the Nokya bulbs in the last pic, are they? If they are, you got the Cosmic white and not the Arctic white, right?
They are the Nokya Cosmic, as labeled on the box. that last pic kind of distorted the light color. When i look at it it looks more like the other ones than the last pic.

Thanks for the comment guys. looks like you guys like the black housing a lot more than the projectors. i kind of do too. but i miss that white bluish HID light look. lol.

The passenger side of the headlight is hazed up for some reason. But the driver side headlight is crystal clear. I kind of want to get another set just to switch out the passenger side. The haze kind of distributes the light inside the headlight while the driver's side there's a crystal effect. not sure if you guys get what i mean. you kind of see that in the pictures

Old 06-13-2009, 12:17 AM

Oh okay. How do you like how their visibility? Certainly not as bright as HID, but pretty damn good for halogens at least I think.

I know exactly what you mean about the distributing light inside the hazed headlight... it looks the same way a beam of light looks in a patch of fog. I can't of course see that in the pictures though. I see that there is a difference between the two headlights though now that you mention it.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:20 AM
HCF Member

i didnt notice it till you mentioned it, did u seal those suckers up with some silicone?

Old 06-13-2009, 12:24 AM
HCF Member

yea visibility is pretty good compare to the other halogen bulbs i used before. Definitely comparable to Sylvania Silverstar Ultra. I say pretty the same output but 1/3 of the price. Nokya $23.50 shipped Silverstar Ultra $60 and only last a year max. Going to install them in my girlfriend's celica tomorrow. she has some Nokya blue bulb, i think its arctic and the light output is really poor and she hates them. she had to use the high beam through dark streets. LOL She liked the silverstar ultra, so hopefully she'll like these

I didn't seal them up when i got them 2 years ago. Didn't even know about that. lol. since it didn't show moisture inside the headlight. I used it for a year and bought the projector headlight. So i put them in the garbage (garage) for a year until 2 days ago when i took them out and sealed them up. and put them on today

Last edited by sfazngiants; 06-13-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
So i put them in the garage for a year until 2 days ago when i took them out and sealed them up. and put them on today
San Francisco Waste Management: Bringing a whole new meaning to the term "annual fee".

This would have been funny if I read correctly. I thought you said you put them in the garbage.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:34 AM
HCF Member

^^^hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhhaha i actual lol`ed

Quick Reply: Swapped Back Headlight