Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

SPC Electrononics HID Xenon Conversion Kit - 9006 - 8000k

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Default SPC Electrononics HID Xenon Conversion Kit - 9006 - 8000k

I dunno in what part of the forum to post this and got no luck in the search feature...
Has anyone ever tried this brand? Is it easy to install? Is it worth the money? Saw it on the net at $200, should I buy it?

Old 08-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Default RE: SPC Electrononics HID Xenon Conversion Kit - 9006 - 8000k

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...nce&n=15684181
Please tell me what you think...

Old 08-02-2006, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

Those are the ones I have! I didnt buy them off the net but that is the brand I got at a shop. I put H1's into my projector headlights and they were the 8k and I almost wish I had a lower kelvin because they are so blue and not as bright as the 6k ones. BUT I LOVE THEM!!! I ended up paying about 350 for it all because I had them installed and I dont want to risk losing my money that fast! But yeah, good product, kicks halogen's @$$ and they are bright and blue as... i dunno, something really blue and bright....

Old 08-03-2006, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly

Those are the ones I have! I didnt buy them off the net but that is the brand I got at a shop. I put H1's into my projector headlights and they were the 8k and I almost wish I had a lower kelvin because they are so blue and not as bright as the 6k ones. BUT I LOVE THEM!!! I ended up paying about 350 for it all because I had them installed and I dont want to risk losing my money that fast! But yeah, good product, kicks halogen's @$$ and they are bright and blue as... i dunno, something really blue and bright....
Great, do you have any pictures you can send me with lights on?
One more thing...I think the OEM plugs are H4...is this conversion kit compatible with all OEM equipment? My car is an '01 model it so should be the same gen as yours, therefore lights should be the same...

Old 08-03-2006, 02:43 PM
HCF Member

Sure, I'll have to get the pics on here tomorrow when I get back to work. And you're right, OEM ones are H4s but I have projector headlights that require H1s to fit but I imagine the color will be the same... HOWEVER your OEM housing will make the whole package ALOT brighter! Projectors are pretty restrictive on light but they clear the road about 10 times better than halogens in projector housing.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

Here you go! Remember, these are in projectors so yours will be alot brighter in OEMs

Old 08-04-2006, 11:40 PM

hey i was wondering how can i have HID on my car without mod??? is there any bulb which can be like very intense brigth intense blue

Old 08-05-2006, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

This is the best way to show the color difference between 4K and 8k... 6k will naturally be just in between... The HID kit is the mod... it is not only bulbs, it is the powering ballast as well... it looks like two little black boxes that sit behind your headlights inside of your hood. You can buy different bulbs to match your car. I have 4k HIDs in my mercedes and 8k HIDs in my civic... The bulbs in the mercedes is a different size only because it requires a bigger bulb, however my civic's projectors only allow a little bulb. A stock civic will be size H4 but mine are H1s... As for mods, it is more of a switch than a mod.... there is no cutting or splicing... all you have to do is plug in the ballast, zip tie it somewhere in your hood so it wont flop around and plug it into your HID bulbs and put them in. Just make sure you buy the right size for your car and there is nothing that can go wrong. Here is a pic I took last night to show you what the color difference is. 10k is the next step up in blue and it is absolutely ridiculous blue... plus I think it is illegal. I will get a shot tonight with my 3 cars, I have an Audi with 6k's but my wife hates me outside taking weird pictures in our driveway!!!

Old 08-05-2006, 10:00 PM

Thanks for the pics man...
I recently ordered some Hella Optilux dual fog/driving lights...after I install those I'll buy the 6K conversion...yours are SUPER bright and they are 8K!!! All that for $200!!! Cool...!!!
BTW, those are only for low beams, right? I'm guessing that with that amount of brightness you prolly won't need high beams? right?

Old 08-06-2006, 09:23 PM
HCF Member

I have NOKYA brand hi beams because they are waaay bright enough. For the fog lamps, however, I will be getting HIDs but maybe 6k

Quick Reply: SPC Electrononics HID Xenon Conversion Kit - 9006 - 8000k