Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Sparco seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:02 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Sparco seats

^^ that too. I remembered that part after I hit "ok"

Old 09-01-2006, 01:19 PM

ok. thanks for the valueable info. but...they do look good. but the seats are cool though no? just using my stock safety belt?

Old 09-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Yeah man, the seats are fine, just don't get the harnesses, no matter how cool they look

Old 09-01-2006, 01:52 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Well, you CAN get a harness IF you're ONLY using it for autocross. You just need to mount the shoulder straps to the rear seatbelt mounting points. That brings them up to about a 45 degree angle and it's SCCA approved for autocross (as long as you're not in a convertible... then you need a rollbar). If you want to know how to do this I can explain it better...

Old 09-01-2006, 02:05 PM

Please explain better. Also, how does the spine compression happen? Lol I had assumed those belts were safer than regular belts.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:41 PM
mxs
HCF Member

If you want to use the rear seatbelt points you just have to pull the rear seat out and unbolt the two ends of the seatbelt for the seat directly behind the driver. Replace the bolts with eyebolts like this. The straps need to have snap hooks like this and you just clip them in. The lap belts then get bolted to the seat rails.

One of the things NOT to do is attach the shoulder straps to the same points as the lap belts, on the back of the seat rails. Basically they are then pulling you straight DOWN, not back. It's not a good place to mount the shoulder straps.

This is really just an overview, though. I suggest doing more research before buying anything like this.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:34 PM
HCF Member

i think spark needs to post some specific pics so we all know wat are you talking about

Old 09-01-2006, 03:49 PM
HCF Member

Allright, I'm alittle confused here. I was actually just browsing around for racing seats, because I don't care for the stock ones. But I really don't want to wear the racing seat belt harness. I was searching through the net to see if you can retain the stock seatbelt instead of the racing harness and they all said that it is unsafe to use the stock seatbelt. I just plan on using them for street driving (no racing) What's the real deal here? Sorry for the thread jack, but I was gonna make a post about this and no sense in making a second post containing the same subject.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:31 AM
mxs
HCF Member

^^ Again, which seats are you looking at?

I'll post more links and pictures tomorrow.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:10 AM
mxs
HCF Member

here is a good read, mostly related to racing

http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/16.pdf

Quick Reply: Sparco seats