Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Sonar Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

it may appear seal but for some reason they usually do a crappy job, better to spend a little time to seal them up yourself than to have water start building up inside and would be a PITA to get them out.

but the projectors looks pretty nice doesn't look too ricey. lets see them on your car

Old 08-14-2009, 05:22 PM
HCF Member

yes i wanna see it on too..for some reason these dont look as dark as the set i had

Old 08-14-2009, 05:33 PM

It's good that you gave us comparisons of no lights, low, and then high beams.....but how bout some stock vs. aftermarket projectors? That's what I am interested in seeing.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:39 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by om4r
yes i wanna see it on too..for some reason these dont look as dark as the set i had
I'll be installing these (even without the HIDs) this weekend. Will do the HID as well if my friend has time to help me. Will post pics as soon as I'm done.

I like these coz they aren't flat black with the regular black plastic housings I've seen in most projectors. These are dark but still shiny.

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
...but how bout some stock vs. aftermarket projectors? That's what I am interested in seeing.
I'm going to have see if I can find someone that has stock projectors to get pics of that. Currently don't know anyone but will see what I can do.

A DIY write up isn't necessary for this, right? I think there are lots of those out there for changing headlights and upgrading to HID.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:01 PM
HCF Member

+1. Stock VS new is the best comparison ever.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by ravi_oli
I'm going to have see if I can find someone that has stock projectors to get pics of that. Currently don't know anyone but will see what I can do.

A DIY write up isn't necessary for this, right?
No one has stock projectors on a Civic. I meant your stock headlights you have right now vs. the new after market headlights.

I doubt a DIY is needed to be made on how to swap headlights and install HIDs. But hey, why not do it anyways for the lulz and post it up?

Old 08-14-2009, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

stock headlights you have right now vs. the new after market headlights.
Oh...well, that's easier

No one has stock projectors on a Civic.
Right. I was going to see if I could get a friend of a friend who has a 350Z to come by to compare his factory projectors to my new projectors. Interested in that?

Will take lots of pics and do a write up a day or two later.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by ravi_oli
Right. I was going to see if I could get a friend of a friend who has a 350Z to come by to compare his factory projectors to my new projectors. Interested in that?

Will take lots of pics and do a write up a day or two later.
I bet your friend with the 350Z has HIDs stock in those projectors which are meant for HIDs. I can guess that his light output is a lot better than yours.

For the DIY, make sure you take a bunch of pics to go with the descriptions on what to do!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

Finally got some time to put up pics of the new lights on my car. We did start the install yesterday Sunday but ran into a lot of complications getting the HIDs to fit into the projectors. The install took so long that we started Sunday and finished this morning (Monday)!!

I'll explain in a later post. Here are some pics of the lights installed.

Attached Thumbnails Sonar Projectors-img_2443.jpg   Sonar Projectors-img_2464.jpg   Sonar Projectors-img_2460.jpg   Sonar Projectors-img_2461.jpg  
Old 08-17-2009, 11:34 AM
HCF Member

Looks clean man.

Quick Reply: Sonar Projectors