Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Sonar Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:37 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by maverick0923
aimed them correctly this weekend so all is well now, no more people giving me a dirty look hah.
finally!

Old 08-11-2009, 10:45 AM
HCF Member

Well since your going for a flat black loooook on the car i think a set of black rims would really set it off beter then the ones you have just a suggestion for future....

Old 08-11-2009, 11:55 AM
HCF Member

Its funny how cocky people get on here. How quick they are to say ' rice '.
All of you with just cosmetic looks and no performance = rice. So stfu, and quit calling peoples rides rice. Rice this, rice that..blah blah. At least his car doesn't have a huge *** fart can or an interooler < fake intercooler for those not quick witted > or all the gauges.

Now that I have gotten that out of my system, I like um. Your car is real clean and simple. The black headlights will blend in just fine. Much better than your stocks. Add a tint job and your car will be very nice. Screw the haters.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:52 PM
February 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
As much as I dislike projectors and wish he would get something cleaner looking... what the hell?
Have you never seen this stuff before?

Yeah, it works. If you take your time and seal them right, they won't leak.
indeed i have as i work at a shop all day long working on cars faster and more expensive then anything anyone has driven on here but why would you have to put time and effort into something built ****ty just to make it slightly better when you just paid money for it. So do you often buy things new and have to do a ton of work to them just to get them to the point where they work correctly like it should have to begin with? Maybe if people quit buying ****ty stuff they would produce higher quality parts but since people buy the ****ty products they will continue to make them ****ty.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:54 PM

They just need to be sealed... it's not like they come broken. Just not sealed. Big deal...

Old 08-12-2009, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
Now that I have gotten that out of my system, I like um. Your car is real clean and simple. The black headlights will blend in just fine. Much better than your stocks. Add a tint job and your car will be very nice. Screw the haters.
Tint is on the list of upgrades that I'll eventually get to :P

They just need to be sealed... it's not like they come broken. Just not sealed. Big deal...
Yeah...not sure why some people are getting worked up about this. If someone made a good quality set at a higher price I'd be all over it. But they don't so here we are.

Anyhow, projectors and HID kit have been ordered!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:27 PM
HCF Member

Projectors and HID kit arrived!! Pretty quick too so will probably do the install this weekend.

In the meantime took some pics of the projectors. Sorry for the reflections in the pics. Was dark when I got home so had to take the pics inside.

From the last pic it looks like they sealed up the lights already.

Attached Thumbnails Sonar Projectors-img_2428.jpg   Sonar Projectors-img_2422.jpg   Sonar Projectors-img_2423.jpg   Sonar Projectors-img_2426.jpg   Sonar Projectors-img_2421.jpg  

Old 08-13-2009, 07:33 PM
HCF Member

I also hooked them up just to see the light output with the regular filament bulbs. I opened the hood, placed the lights on top of the stock lights and plugged them in.

Took picture without lights/with low beam/with high beam for comparison.

Attached Thumbnails Sonar Projectors-img_2416.jpg   Sonar Projectors-img_2414.jpg   Sonar Projectors-img_2415.jpg  
Old 08-13-2009, 07:34 PM

I have headlights that "looked" sealed well, but they weren't. After a while they fogged up. It is a good habit to always thoroughly seal them yourself with a bead of silicone over the seam, unless they are OEM Honda headlights.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

I have headlights that "looked" sealed well, but they weren't. After a while they fogged up. It is a good habit to always thoroughly seal them yourself with a bead of silicone over the seam, unless they are OEM Honda headlights.
It's like that all the way around on both housings, but yeah, more silicone is in order...

Quick Reply: Sonar Projectors