Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Sonar Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by justinwebb
retro fitting mine right now with lexus projectors i got for free and will be far better than any ebay halogen projector.
Completely agree with that. These things are cheap (comparatively) for a reason. I will do a retrofit with good quality projectors but just want something to do till I can afford to do a retrofit.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ravi_oli
Here are more pics of my car. Made an album in the gallery.

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...p?albumid=1536

I haven't done much with the car. Only had it for a year. But have I no plans to sell it and plan on doing a lot of mods including an engine swap
Hmmmmm.... Looks like it went downhill from here

Old 08-10-2009, 08:26 PM
HCF Member

WTB hubcaps that are that clean. Mine were scratched up when I bought the car, and that picture just makes me even more motivated to take the hub caps off and get to painting them (though, I am afraid of ending up with no hubcaps for 4 months because I will get bored with sanding hubcaps).

Old 08-10-2009, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Stop being a douche. His car looks fine.

If you're going to do a retrofit anyways, i'd get window tint instead of the projector headlights.

I have some cheap ebay projector headlights that are fine and have good light output. I like think they look better than stock since they have black housings (yea there's blacked housing stock ones, i don't care).

Old 08-11-2009, 01:13 AM
HCF Member

i was planning to get one of those projector headlights but after reading this im having second thoughts..

Old 08-11-2009, 02:52 AM
February 2010 ROTM

oh and fyi they will leak due to poor construction. Every set i have seen leak and then get all foggy. Just keep your OEM ones and paint them black and it will look great.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by justinwebb
oh and fyi they will leak due to poor construction. Every set i have seen leak and then get all foggy.
As much as I dislike projectors and wish he would get something cleaner looking... what the hell?
Have you never seen this stuff before?

Yeah, it works. If you take your time and seal them right, they won't leak.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
tomayto, tomahto

Originally Posted by Superfly
I have some cheap ebay projector headlights that are fine and have good light output. I like think they look better than stock since they have black housings (yea there's blacked housing stock ones, i don't care).
Finally, someone that doesn't hate projectors!

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Have you never seen this stuff before?
Heard about it and will have to get it. Most sellers I've seen recommend using that to seal up the housing.

Thanks everyone for your input. From what I gather, ebay projectors are cheap and don't last and it has a lot to do with personal taste.

That being said, I'm going to get a set just to play around with and see how they look. I will post pictures after they've been installed.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by EKSiR99
i was planning to get one of those projector headlights but after reading this im having second thoughts..
I should have mine installed in about two weeks so you could wait and see how mine turns out.

But from the quality standpoint, yeah, the ones I'm getting may not last :\

Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 AM
HCF Member

Aye!!! you shut your mouth lol I went ahead and aimed them correctly this weekend so all is well now, no more people giving me a dirty look hah.

Originally Posted by ravi_oli
I can see where you're coming from. One of my reasons for wanting projectors is I want to run HID bulbs but don't want to blind everyone. Friend of mind recently got HIDs with his stock housing and he keeps getting flashed by other drivers.

Is there a solution for that besides aiming the lights lower?

Quick Reply: Sonar Projectors