Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Some questions about body kits.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:29 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
my opinion is, all rice and no engine is stupid.
but if you have the power to back up your fried rice then idc. but when you make your car look fast but don't even attempt to make it fast, you fail.
Fail at what? In all honnesty, I don't dress up my car so I can admire it, I dress it up so the ladies can admire it. They only want a few simple things, bass, neons, and to be able to see their own reflection in the wheels.

Besides, im not a hoon, I respect the road rules, so you put $5g into workin your engine to see how quickly you can get to the speed limit from the lights, and ill put $5g into looks and see how quickly I can get her clothes off.

You can't get laid in bucketseats and hotties can't figure out the 6point harness.

Each to his own.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by ChaosII
hotties can't figure out the 6point harness.
LOL

yea you already said you do your appearance upgrades so that they match and stuff though, so that's good, lol

Old 09-08-2008, 07:13 AM
HCF Member

i love this thread. i have a friend who is or was riceing his celica with a a kit and stuff i just let him tread this fight and well hes not getting one anymore, lol. anyways. my 2 cents.
bodykits suck, they are ugly, ad dont ever flow well.
the back yard special bumper is infact sexy as all h*** and i dont think anyone on here has that(correct me if im wrong)
and you cant go wrong with a lipkit.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:44 AM
HCF Member

I kinda like my kit, but then again if I had the 04-05 I wouldnt have put it on. I think you have to look at what your working with. For my 02, i felt when its was stock and lowered it still looked like a "mom" car ( EM2s are my least fav, but it was a grad present so I had no argument at the time). The first kit I got was from aerotrends (fiberglass) and it was ok, but fiberglass doesnt paint to well. I know have polyurethane and it holds the flake alot better. Most people who are in the car scene aound where I live know me bc theyve seen my car. If you do it right, and can be positive attention, but if you slap 4 different pieces from 4 different kits, and ride with it for 6 months b4 getting it painted, those are the people that **** me off. I bought my kit, saved up enough to get it painted, then put it on. If i had a mid 90s or new Civic, I wouldnt dare kit, but I have the ugly version of the EM2, so I went with what made the car look better ( I do have alot of performance mods too, as well as a K20 waiting to be installed)

Old 09-08-2008, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by bbspell22
For my 02, i felt when its was stock and lowered it still looked like a "mom" car
LOL, my car stock looks like a 16 year old girl's car.
You should have seen it when I bought it. It looks a lot more masculine now. lol.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

for some reason when i had my 17s and it was lowered it resembled a bmw. Most people still dont know what kind of car I drive. I honestly hated my stok Em2

Old 09-08-2008, 12:00 PM
HCF Member

man i traded a jeep cherokee for my civic the dude put the body kit on wrong i had to fix it ...he kept it a mess i have kept it clean ever since my civic to me looks tasteful not ricey or beefed up its stock motor i put a cold air and dc headers on it

Old 09-08-2008, 12:10 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Exactly. The ricers are the people who don't understand what matches.
You don't go put a big wing on your car and then put on chrome rims. They just don't go together, and they're actually pretty self-contradictory. Wings are for performance (though they don't do anything on FWD, ricers don't know that) but the chrome rims are heavy as hell and the ricers don't know that either.
I think the thing that pisses me off the most is when someone does this, and doesn't touch the engine, but they think they can beat any car in a race.
I think it's really what I don't like is people modifying their cars when they don't know anything about cars, and then acting like they do know.
you ended your rant earlier i thought? Settle down, you've restated that you hate body kits 10+ times in this same thread.

Generally if done cheaply body kits look like ****, and unless its a really mellow clean kit, you'll be called a ricer. In general a lip kit is cheaper, easier to install, cleaner, and just overall better. But to each their own, if you find a nice body kit thats mellow and made of a high quality material, then have it professionally painted and installed, i don't think it'd look half bad. You could do the smae with a lip kit easier and cheaper, but if you wanna drop the money on the body kit and YOU think your car looks great (and you realize that the body kit adds any horsepower at all), then go for it.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

OK a ricer to me is some 16 year old punk who uses mommy and daddys money to buy cheap fiberglass kits paints em with rattle can and goes out and revs at every car passin by....... but a tuner knows what they are doin and is professional about their car i do body work and paint i know how to install my own stuff

Old 09-08-2008, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by FlipHKD720
you ended your rant earlier i thought? Settle down, you've restated that you hate body kits 10+ times in this same thread.
i was just replying to what he said

Quick Reply: Some questions about body kits.