Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Some questions about body kits.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zoltor100
So far i have deduced (haha, i love this word ) that a ricer is the poser of modding cars?

Like the kids that wear skinny jeans and call themselves skaters, ricers make theire cars look fast, but they really aren't, right?
basically
lol, funny reference, because those kids **** me off too, I skateboard, and when kids who don't say they do it's pretty annoying. lol

Old 09-06-2008, 12:15 AM
HCF Member

Im pretty sure that earlier in the thread, ricers were defined as any car that could have starred in 'the fast and the furious'. You say don't get a body kit cause it makes the car ricey, regardless of the engine, then you say its only ricey if its kitted and not fast. Well if that's the case, then every civic is either stock or a ricer cause no civic is really fast comparative. I bet no one has seen a civic putting out more than 300kwatw, when a hsv comes out with over that stock. At the end of the day, I love my little civic, but its slow, always will be and I know that. Might as well kit it to make it UNIQUE, (not to make it look fast).

Regardless, in the matter of 'should you get a bodykit?' the answer is a simple one: if you want to, do it. If someone then thinks your car is ricey, so what? Screw what anyone else thinks.

You can call a kitted ride 'ricey', I call a stock ride boring. Its nothing but a matter of opinion. Of course everyone has the right to voice theirs and im not shunning your view of bodykits. I just think that in this case, rather than giving your opinion, why not just remind them that its their choice.

Besides, my civic has more european and italian looking parts on it than jap and its about as kitted as you can get. Again, its all about the image you want to project.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by ChaosII
Well if that's the case, then every civic is either stock or a ricer cause no civic is really fast comparative. I bet no one has seen a civic putting out more than 300kwatw, when a hsv comes out with over that stock.
Have you ever been to youtube? You can search for "fast civic" or another related keyword and watch actual fast civics all day. There are definitely a lot of really fast civics out there.

what is kwatw?

Old 09-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Angry Admin

I'm assuming that kwatw means kw at the wheels. 300kw=402hp

so yah civics can put out 600/700+hp

Old 09-06-2008, 12:05 PM

my 2 cents for the hell of it...

my opinion on the matter is that subtle changes when done correctly can be just as eyecatching as neon, vinyl, and wings, and generally looks quite a bit better, IMO.

however, indivduality is what makes this world interesting, so regardless of my opinion, i would tell you that if you are shopping kits, avoid the cheap fiberglass kits, because in this case, you do get what you pay for. anyone that has seen a fiberglass rear bumper catching the wind like a parachute at high speeds knows what im talking about, lol. also, be sure the kit, regardless of type, fits your car well. that being said, i would suggest finding a shop near you to physically see the pieces before spending your hard earned money. polyeurethane is your best bet... shop smart and take your time!

and for gods sake, avoid the large GT wings. they look ridiculous and do nothing but get you laughed at and create drag.

good luck!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:12 PM
HCF Member

Yea fibreglass can be difficult to work with. Remember to put more braces on it than they provide you with. Poly is better. Do not get cf, expensive as, hard if not impossible to repair and easy to damage.

Also keep in mind the size of the kit and how much it will 'lower' your ride by. My cars only 4" off the ground with 17s and stock suspension (my suspension is 200,000km old but).

Get a shop to fit and paint it professionally. Fitting is easy, but unless you have a spray gun then why bother. Im cheap and fitted mine myself and called in a few favours to get it sprayed by a mate for free. Of course there is no waranty. Front and rear are easy, but side skirts are pretty difficult to fit. If anypne manages to find out how to fit aftermarket skirts, please let me know.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

Alright, thanks for the tips.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:13 PM
HCF Member

so wat the jdm kids are sayin if you roll with kits and no internals your a ricer ..but if you have the motor you are a douche bag who finds other primed paint body kitted civics to race .... i have seen these airplane wings attached to civics and huge kits if thats wat they like more power im not gonna judge someone or sterotype by their idea of wat a car looks like this is gonna be a generations long fight between motor and looks i like body kits and lip kits both im not gonna join one group by puttin lip kits on my car or another by a body kit it wat your idea is not someone elses............ and if anyone can help me i need a short shifter for my 95 civic ex :]

Old 09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

bodykits blow get a lip they are cheap on ebay and if c/f is your thing they have that or one you can paint but body kits suck

Old 09-07-2008, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by camerenyates
so wat the jdm kids are sayin if you roll with kits and no internals your a ricer ..but if you have the motor you are a douche bag who finds other primed paint body kitted civics to race
my opinion is, all rice and no engine is stupid.
but if you have the power to back up your fried rice then idc. but when you make your car look fast but don't even attempt to make it fast, you fail.

Quick Reply: Some questions about body kits.