Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Sidemarker Wiring???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Sidemarker Wiring???

might i also sugest dont use those splice conectors.... the wires are so small from stock those splicers will cut right thru the wires! what i sugest is use a small razor blade to cut off alittle of the rubber insulator and wrap the new wire around it then solder the 2 wires together. then either heat shrink or just electrical tape the crap outta it.
those splice terminals SUCK!!!!!!!
ive had more problems with them after alittle age than anything! not worth the speed conection. take your time and have it trouble free for years!

Old 05-19-2008, 12:12 PM
HCF Member

??? i've been using them for years, and just did minewith thembecause it's a huge pita to fit my arms in that tiny wheel well. i've never had a problem with them ever, if you do them right, and use the CORRECT sized connector, then it will be trouble free. i mean, i'm not suggesting connectors over solder, but in my situation, they were a hell of a lot easier than reaching: both arms, solder, soldering iron, hold plastic back, hold wires together, and seeing through that tiny *** hole. just take your time and you'll get great results either way, it's not rocket science, just common sense.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya ive always had problems with them! only place i will use them is inside the car. outside the conections just always seem to be horible! the wires corode and break very easily.
but thats just IMO. id recomend to stay away from them.
if you take the bumper cover off you can get to the wires with enough slack to do what needs to be done.

i havent done these sidemarkers, just not my style plus cutting into the fender. OUCH ive had my share of cuting and welding on my old truck.LOL

Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM
HCF Member

haha ok forget it just blinking it is hahah and ill probbaly solder it justbecauseyou cant have a better connection =], ill get to it hopefully this week before the weekend i might as well as make a diy write up for it since there isnt one..