Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Seat Replacements

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Default RE: Seat Replacements

ORIGINAL: Hobo
I spoke the the guy on the phone and he guarantees a direct bolt-in to my 97 Civic EX.

Yea.... all but the inner rear mount will bolt down properly, this being said the seat will bolt down. The only way to get oe fit is to swap the seat pan, just so you know.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:06 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BlackDX

ORIGINAL: Hobo
I spoke the the guy on the phone and he guarantees a direct bolt-in to my 97 Civic EX.

Yea.... all but the inner rear mount will bolt down properly, this being said the seat will bolt down. The only way to get oe fit is to swap the seat pan, just so you know.
The excitement is wearing off.
How hard to swap the seat pan?

Old 08-26-2007, 12:01 PM

It's a bit of a pain. BUT you don't need to. The seat will bolt down, just only use three of the four mounts.....

CLICK ME-- guide

Old 08-26-2007, 12:37 PM
HCF Member

Black DX,

How much of a pain? I'd prefer to have 4 bolts holding the seat in place.
Have you ever sat in the Integra seats. Are they more comfortable than the stock Civic seats?
Thanks for the advice.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:44 PM

I would have to say Integra are a step up from Civic seats. But mine are leather

Old 08-26-2007, 08:34 PM

My memory is all I have of integra seats, my buddy had a LS several years ago and I've not used my DX's seats since sometime last year..... With this said the GSR and Type R seats out of the integra's are the most popular/common seat swaps when it comes to comfort for the civics as I've seen (mainly the availibility of the gsr/type r seats is greater than del sol's and more common than prelude seats).
I've not done the swap so I can't say one way or the other, but I do know it's been done by several people several times and I am willing to say it's not to hard if so many people have done it before (this is alot better than re-drilling or welding the rails to make them fit).

I'll say this, anything worth doing and having is worth doing right. I'd go thru the effort of swapping the seat pans because to me it's the devil in the details that makes or breaks and install.

When I did my ebay sport seats I had to modify the bracket that was used to couple the seat n slider to the floor to have it's bolt holes line up, as well as I had to re-drill the slider hole openings to accomadate my sliders (wider spacing) and swap over the seat belt buckel (had to literally break the welded in nut out of the seat to get it to mount on the brackets. I can say for sure I'd be willing to do the seat pan swap alot sooner than I'd be willing to do another generic sport seat install.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:31 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

What does the inner rear mounting point look like on the Teg seat rail? If its anything liket he EG's, you should just be able to pound it down flat, drill a new hole, and mount it up

Old 08-27-2007, 07:42 AM
HCF Member

If that's all there is to do then it should be pretty easy.

I am looking forward to some some comfort. These stock seats are HORRIBLE. I actually got severe lower back pain from them.
Whenever my wife & I go somewhere together we usually take her Camry. The few times we have taken my car she has complained the next day about her back hurting.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:16 PM
HCF Member

OK, got the seats today and they are NOT a direct bolt-in. The fronts bolt in but neither of the backs line up.

Does anybody know if the brackets can be swapped. My Civic is a 97 EX Sedan. The seats I bought are supposed to be from a 2000 Integra.

The Integra seats are definately more comfortable but they are useless to me if I can't bolt them in.

If I can't make them work I'll have to return them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hobo

Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: BlackDX

>>>>>>>>CLICK ME-- guide<<<<<<<<

?! or is it not clear enough?

Quick Reply: Seat Replacements