Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Default Seat Covers

I wanted to ****e up the bland interior of my Civic at a pretty cheap price, so I thought maybe the seat cover sets off eBay would sound good. Does anyone know whether the quality is acceptable?

http://tinyurl.com/8x663

^this is what I'm currently looking at.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Seat Covers

unless they actualy replace the fabric on your current seats then i say don't bother, cause they never seem to stay on properly, and look all saggy and ugly.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I agree, save up and buy some decent seats. Or you could try fabric dye. Some say it's great, some say it sucks and comes off on your clothes. I've never tried it, but it might be worth a shot.

Old 02-13-2006, 09:28 AM

i saw get some gsr leathers front and back for like 300 and call it a day

Old 02-13-2006, 09:59 AM

u get alot of stuff for $55 but i really doubt the quality of the fabric is good

Old 02-13-2006, 10:01 AM

look into the phone book and find a upolstry shop in your area. call them. ask them if u take it out and bring it to them will they wrap it in fabric.(you will have to choose a fabric. my fav is tweed) usually if u take a car to a shop and have them take seats, door panels, dash and all the other crap they charge u up the A$$ to take it out, cause its a pain in the A$$ to put back in. but, i have know alot of shops around here where they will charge u less if u do all the work and they do what there good at which is wrap stuff in fabric. the guy that i plan on doing my interior(if i ever finish the motor, seems like something new comes along that i want and the motor just keeps getting all the attention) will wrap door panels for $20 the whole top of the dash for $40 and he will do your back seats and front seats depending on the size. but i live in IL. but check into that and i recomend tweed fabric cause its easy to clean and its hard to stain. unless u get white.[sm=vader.gif]

Old 02-13-2006, 02:02 PM
HCF Member

$40 to wrap the dash!!..holy crap thats cheap man, i was going to get my dash wraped but i think its going to cost a couple hundred even if i take it out..i havent really checked around but man thats cheap

..and about the seat covers, dont do it,after you sit in them a couple times they start to look really bad

Old 02-22-2006, 11:47 PM

What about sheepskin seat covers. Are they worth the extra cost

Old 02-23-2006, 12:08 AM
HCF Member

I don't think so. If you really need to do things to your interior, try some things that are as cheap, but not as low quality. I think you'll be disappointed with seat covers.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:58 AM

^^^Not True. I had a few friends in my car a while back and as the weather was terrible, I let them smoke in the back seats. Sure enough one of them dropped a butt and burnt a nice big hole straight through the fabric! [:@] arrggghh!

I went to my local Halford's (don't think you have them in the USA but I may be wrong), and picked up a set of black seat covers for £40. A few friends have bought seat covers in the past, and I have never been very impressed. They tend to shift around as people use them. The ones I bought though are exellent though. It took a while for the creases in the fabric to disappear, but as they are used more and more they tend to mould to your seats.

A word of advise though - make sure you get the right size. The seats in my civic are pretty small (1998 1.4i EK 3dr Hatch), and although the car wasn't listed on the box, I opted for the small ones. 20 minutes fitting them and its tranformed to look of the interior, way beyond my expectations. Plus they are brilliant if you have clumsy friends like mine as you can be rest assured that whatever gets splilt/burnt, won't be too expensive to fix. Just make sure you get decent quality ones - my bothers are pretty cheap material and have ripped between the backrest and base of the seat.

=chris=