Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

removing original tail lights on civic EX 1999

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Default removing original tail lights on civic EX 1999

hey everyone....

I recently bought new tail lights for my honda civic 99'. So im kinda having trouble getting the original old tail lights off.... I havent gotten to the lights in the trunk area yet, im on the ones that are on the upper part of the trunk when you open it up... I got the bolts and screws off, but i dont know how to take the casing off? or whatever that is. I put some force on it because it looks like there is a silver braket you have to push?? i dont want to break anything....

So it would be kind of nice if i could get instructions on how to take the tail lights off????

thankssss
Krysten

Old 01-17-2008, 02:12 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: removing original tail lights on civic EX 1999

Are you taking off the red and White taillights..If you are you making a big mistake...They are better than those altezza lights..makes me want to throw up [:'(]

Old 01-17-2008, 02:17 PM

oh no, actually they look the same except the colors are flipped.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/kay...S?sck=10513394

my left one is cracked because the person who had my car before me got into an accident.
but the ones i got look the same but they are much newer and nicer.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:18 PM
HCF Member

there should be four bolts that are holding the tail light. just give it a quick push or bang the black part of the taillight not the silver. it should just pop right out of its place.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:20 PM

the whole thing will come out?

Old 01-17-2008, 02:20 PM
HCF Member

Yeah I like those lights..they Look nice. Good choice...[sm=hail.gif]

Old 01-17-2008, 02:23 PM
HCF Member

yes, after you unscrew the bolts it should just pop right out wih a little push/pull/bang

Old 01-17-2008, 02:35 PM

okay, thanks! sounds good.
and yeah, i love the lights too. They aren't crazy... they are normal but new :P

oh i got new halo projector headlights too... those are going to be great installing....

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/kay...c-9900-c-a-ks?

Old 01-17-2008, 03:02 PM
HCF Member

is the site you getting your projector headlight an auction site or is it a buying site.thinking about getting some black housing projector headlight for my 99 civic as well. did you recieve the headlight yet?

Old 01-17-2008, 07:44 PM

hey,
yeah i got my headlights, they are amazing looking. I love them a lot and i cant wait to install them. but i think its going to be hard.. i looked up some instructions and they were saying i might have to take the front bumper off? and unscrew the sides of the car. i have no idea. ill just see what happens as i go...

about the website. its an auction... they are located in california... um i had some problems with them actually.. im not sure if they are like this with everyone, but i ordered my lights in november and i got them like 4 days ago. and it was supposed to be like a 4-7 day wait. they said they were having technical problems with their "data base"... and they never got my transaction or something.. so for 2 months i was arguing with them through emails and i filed a claim on Paypal haha. but i finally got them... the tail lights and headlights... and supposedly my eyelids are on the way too. i got black. so.. im not so sure i would recommend the site to you... because they are all foreign. and dont understand anything, but their products are what they say they are, gorgeous. you might just have to wait awhile ha :P

Quick Reply: removing original tail lights on civic EX 1999