Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

removable back seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Default removable back seats

ok so this is a shot in the dark but has any one ever thought of/done a mod to make civic back seets removable, the way like suburbans 3rd row is, it would be cool cuz your car woudl be light when you wana go fast but would have space when you wanted to bring friends. p.s. i have a 98 4 door LX

Old 01-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: removable back seats

ditch.... ditchen the seats.......... if its not a RACE car all the time dont even mess with it!
i hate people that strip thier cars almost completly to go "FAST" in thier words...
guy i bought my old crx from striped the whole freaken car to "save weight" but yet his FAT @SS siting in the car is a good what 10TIMES as much as the weight he removed....
if ya want to save on weight to go "FASTER" go on a diet and loose some gut weight

so unless its a true race car for the strip only... forget about it...

Old 01-16-2007, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

LOL @ addiction.....thats pretty funny,im thinkin about taking my back seat out but only for stereo reasons... hey addict do you think i should take out my back seat and put the amps on like a amprack flat on the seat instead of on the back of the seat now???

Old 01-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL ya i mean... with stripen the car or the back seat..... well think WHAT everyone else thinks when they walk by your car and look at the missing back seat.... what do they think.... same thing most people think..... WTF wheres his back seat.LOL

and with your amp rack... just do what ya like... i dont know how your setup is being "setup" your hardest part will be making it flat and presentable...

Old 01-16-2007, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

well im just kinda tired of having my seat down all the time to let the pressure outta the trunk which means my amps are always kinda in the open so i was trying to think of another way....kinda hidden....for now i just have my black jacket over the amps when i go somewhere so it pretty much looks like nothing is there...lol

Old 01-17-2007, 12:39 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: n8te81

well im just kinda tired of having my seat down all the time to let the pressure outta the trunk which means my amps are always kinda in the open so i was trying to think of another way....kinda hidden....for now i just have my black jacket over the amps when i go somewhere so it pretty much looks like nothing is there...lol
So... What you're saying is that your security system is nothing but... a black jacket? Smooth. Haha. So what's your address?

And about removable backseats like a Suburban.. First of all, A civic doesn't have a giant back door to take the seat in and out, that would be pretty hard. Second of all, that would be a lot of money and hassle for something that doesn't do anything for real performance, so... No, nobody's thought about that but you. [sm=joke.gif]

Old 01-17-2007, 04:44 AM
Recognized HCF Member

personaly id live the back seat in the newer civics cause the seats are lockable... at least mine is.
so to protect my subwoofer since its front firing alls i have to do is close the back seats... i only drop the small side for daily beating.... but if im at a stereo comp then i drop the whole thing...

Old 01-17-2007, 07:52 AM
HCF Member

Its easy to remove the back seats if you take a look at it, only a couple of bolts after your fold the seats down and the bottom part is held in by a clip type, a real pain to get out.

It would be to much of a hassle to take it in and out all the time, they are bolted in pretty good so if you get into a accident no one gets hurt. You would have to unbolt then bolt them everytime. Not worth it.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:10 PM
HCF Member

I wanna take out my back seats and recarpet the whole thing... just cause i hate driving people places

Old 01-17-2007, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

I wanna take out my back seats and recarpet the whole thing... just cause i hate driving people places
I'm thinking next time I take the rear trim pieces out of my coupe, that i'll modify them to make the pass through larger personally

I like the back seat though it never gets used by people

Quick Reply: removable back seats