Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Rear Ended >:|

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Rear Ended >:|

ORIGINAL: gooberguy

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

you could also just make sure her insurance pays for a new bumper and a new emblem as well and anything else needed to be fixed!

oh definitley, buy you know how insruance companys are
actualy i dont yet..... ive never been involved in a accident..... KNOCK ON WOOD....
but one thing ive learned from my dad from a old court thing when this kid keys my 66impala... its TAKE IT TO THE MOST EXPENSIVE REPAIR PLACE AROUND and get a quote
then after you get paid.... if you can do it all yourself and pocket that money as a TIP...

i got 560bucks outta that stupid kid that got keying my car, i just touched it up with paint, cause i painted the car myself about a year previous and had left over paint, touched it in sanded it smooth, and buffed it out, you hardly see it. well worth pocketing that money!

i hope i never have to mess with insurance people but when i do im gonna be pissed if they jerk me around! been paying for full coverage insurance on several vehicles for 12years now with same company..... hell ya im gonna act like a black lady that just got her hair wet..... and if ya dont know DONT FIND OUT THEY GET PISSED. almost like a cat with water

Old 01-14-2008, 08:58 AM
HCF Member

lmfao ^

Old 01-14-2008, 09:42 AM

That really is not that bad as long as there is no hidden damage underneath. You should be able to de-badge that EX emblem and re-attach it if you have to I would think. Damn bro I just realized your driving pretty much exactly the same Civic I am except mine is a a special edition. What all have you done to yours? I am in love with mine so many plans for it.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
HCF Member

haha 7th gen coupe FTW!2002 DX FTL though haha. damn you guys and your EX's. hey Nerosync, how is that ingalls torque damper? i want one but not sure if its worth the 160 bucks off eBay haha easy to install or no? (sorry bout thread jack haha)

Old 01-14-2008, 03:37 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Nerosync

That really is not that bad as long as there is no hidden damage underneath. You should be able to de-badge that EX emblem and re-attach it if you have to I would think. Damn bro I just realized your driving pretty much exactly the same Civic I am except mine is a a special edition. What all have you done to yours? I am in love with mine so many plans for it.
dude thats awesome! love this car. whats the differance between the SE and regular? so far ive dont tints, subs, headunit, and am getting under-seat glow very soon. in the future looknig at the AEM v2 (which i notice you have, how is it?!) new exhuast, header, drop basic stuff. mines auto tho, maybe in a few years might convert to manual.

ORIGINAL: jason_hann53

haha 7th gen coupe FTW!
definitly!

and back on topic haha, anyone know where i can buy a bumper cover (stock) for a good price? i know the list price is 240something, and thats what my estimates say, but after a quick google search, i came up with bkhonda parts, but i dont know if i want to trust them. Dont know what the burger king would do to my car!! :-P

Old 01-14-2008, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: gooberguy

ORIGINAL: Nerosync

dude thats awesome! love this car. whats the differance between the SE and regular? so far ive dont tints, subs, headunit, and am getting under-seat glow very soon. in the future looknig at the AEM v2 (which i notice you have, how is it?!) new exhuast, header, drop basic stuff. mines auto tho, maybe in a few years might convert to manual.

The differences in the SE from as far as I have learned are generally the stereo system, rims, sunroof, and spoiler however it looks as though some regular EX owners may have upgraded some of those items when the originally bought the car? Other than that I don't think there is much difference. This is my first import so I don't know all that much about it yet. But I am upgrading and learning more everyday.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:16 PM

And btw the AEM V2 is bar far the best thing I have done so far to the car. It gives a much better throttle response and power, plus a great new tone to the car it did not have before. Can't wait to get the money for my header and cat back.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:48 PM
HCF Member

sounds awesome

Old 02-14-2008, 07:39 AM
HCF Member

well guess what

when i first went to the shop to get an estimate (74X dollars btw) i specifically mentioned to note that the trim level of the car was an EX, and to note the facelplate for it. she kind of gave me an attitude and was like "yeah i know im doing it right now"

so i go yesterday to pick up my repaired car and guess what the only thing missing is? yeah you guessed it. i go to pick it up today and will post pictures.

also the paint was a little darker, but i think thats a given becuase stock paint fades after a while and you cant really get it 100 percent right?
and the driver side of the cars bumper wasnt lined up properly but they should be fixing that and the ex when i pick it up today.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:36 PM
HCF Member

Dont accept it until its done right. Is the insurance paying for it?