Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic geting back to stock and modest.

looks like you got a nice little project car keep it up and let us know how its goin

Old 10-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well this afternoon it was all about cleaning up the interior...
and before i say anything else to ALL YOU SMOKERS that smoke in your car.... i hate buying your old cars!!!!!!!! LOL
HORIBLY DIRTY INTERIOR!!!

tomorow ill drill some holes for the 4th seat bolt bracket thats missing and seal up the unused stock seat hole thats not being used.

but tonight took ALONG TIME to clean out the interior! i also still need to get some velcro and velcro the cheapie radar detector to the dash over those two holes from previous owners O2 display.
id love to just fix the holes BUT ive NEVER been sucesfull with repairing vinyl.... so ill just cover it up with something typical like this radar detector.

BUT anyways. new pictures with the interior panels cleaned up. tho STILL NEED TO VACUM the carpet out BUT im not to concerned about it cause it needs replaced anyways! all grip strips busted off.... M&Ms all shoved into the carpets

next thing im buying door pins and bushings for the drivers door, and THEN TITLE, plates, and insurance
i hope taxes and plates dont cost to much... he put 400bucks on the title was hoping he would leave it blank... and i coulda just put free.....

and the bad door pins

NOT GOOD!

and the dash

just need to cover it up which is preaty simple

and heres another video of the muffler reven up a bit.. it doesnt sound as bad now that its timed right BUT its still not running perfectly cause of the poor gas in it....
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...eanedup-25.flv

motor drops idle a bit..... i think its because of the poor gas or maybe alittle water in the tank as well. BUT it could also just need alittle seafoam cleaning which i have that stuff to do it BUT i want this motor to run for abit so im sure its broken in again and all oiled up internaly before i try cleaning the motor out......
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...eanedup-24.flv

o ya should also say i still need to clean the seats and the carpeting on the door panels..... i just didnt have any carpet cleaning spray....

Old 10-10-2007, 02:11 AM
March 2010 ROTM

That muffler is hilarious!!! Whoever you got this car from did some odd things. How the interior became what it is now is beyond my wildest thoughts. How could anyone who cares enough about thier car to try to upgrade it jack up so many other things?!? Its coming along though. Youll end up liking the manual more. I hate driving autos since I got my first stick.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:09 AM

My friends EG did the same thing when it was idling, check over your intake manifold, his was a bad gasket, got that replaced and it fixed the problem

Old 10-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well ill check how it runs after i use this half tank of gas and refuel with good gas and see if it still has that odd fast idle..

but funny thing is i got the car insured and plated today and 1/2hour after driving it around alittle... got pulled over on interstate cause the DOUCHE that had the car busted BOTH liscence plate bolts! so i had to drill them out....
i had the plate duct taped to the backglass from the inside BUT the tint made it so the cop couldnt see it until he had me pulled over and walked up to the car.LOL just said get it fixed ASAP and wrote me a BS warning ticket for it! somewhat of a ***** for writing the warning ticket... i told him i JUST got the plate and JUST found out that the bolts where busted.. then he says my tint is also close to illegal cause its bubbled BUT i think thats BS cause my friends car is so bad you cannt see ANYTHING out the back window!!!!
tho when i got home i drilled out the liscence plate bolts so now its bolted up right......

but no big deal im gonna have it removed and retinted eventualy.... i just have to pay back my dad for the motor cash.... and pay off some credit card bills that have added up since this build.....

but SO FAR car drives GREAT!!!!! no wobbles or shakes... but fastest i had it was 80MPH and 5.5K rpms... dont wanna push the motor to hard just yet.. PLUS still geting used to driving a stick again... i only had a few jumping problems when following a loaded down semi that was going VERY SLOW....
but i havent driven a manual car in about 2years now or so gotta get used to it again...

BUT ONLY COMPLAINT i have from driving this car is THIS SHIFTER **** IS COLD. LMFAO
i might have to keep a rag over it since its so cold. LMFAO its only like 50degrees now... was like 90degrees just a few days ago! its cold
feels good tho. only problem shifting is geting it into first gear sometimes.... sometimes it just doesnt want to slide in gear... it might just be me tho...

but again so far great to drive.. seems ALOT FASTER than my 99automatic!!!!!!! LOL
will check tomorow to see if the tranny fluid stoped leaking. i believe it just wasnt all the way poped in.. and just took a bit of weight and rolling to pop it firmly inplace......
doesnt seem to be leaking anymore so far... ill check the garage floor tomorow after work got fingers crossed cause i dont want ANY LEAKS!!!!!

nothing else done today cause IM BROKE!!!!!!
i got like 11bucks in my bank account now BUT HOPEFULLY NOTHING else goes thru my bank account...
BUT i think i screwed myself a bit.... im gonna bounce a 23dollar... well MAYBE BUT MOST LIKELY! cause its suposed to come out tomorow and depending on if it comes thru my bank account tomorow morning or late in the night... I HOPE ITS LATE and ill have my paycheck in before it goes thru!

totaly forgot about it! i woulda been fine if the stupid liscence branch wouldnt have charged me a BS late fee for the title! cause its more than 30days since that idiot guy filled out the title! didnt know that until they rung me up or i woulda went outside and wront a 1 on that 6! thats so stupid!

now just need to replace the door pins and stock springs and a few front fork and it will be driving very nice and ready for winter driving!
and eventualy i have to setup a meeting with my insurance guy to talk about fully covering my 99civic and try to make my other vehicles cheaper to insure since i cannt drive more than 1 car at a time.LOL im insuring like 4cars now. all with full coverage to!

Old 10-10-2007, 07:50 PM

Jesus I bet thats tough to pay for all that insurance...Anyway, so what color r u thinking?

Old 10-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Recognized HCF Member

im going back stock green to keep it simple! WAY to much hassle to paint all the jams and such! plus i dont see to many green civics around town! actualy ive only seen 1. plus i like green

insurance does suck but being over 25 helps as well as no tickets on my record also

plus my 66impala has a historical plate on it so its insured under something like weekend driver... so its only like 10bucks a month for it.....
truck is like 196 for 6months
my 99 is like 50bucks a month
94 i believe she said would be like 35bucks a month for liabiltiyy, but ill change the 99 to storage and 94 to full coverage just as soon as it snows out!

Old 10-11-2007, 01:52 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Thats cheap....I pay 120 a month for my 98....but im only 20. Cant wait for the price drop. What green are you doing, the teal color?

Old 10-11-2007, 06:06 AM
HCF Member

Good luck on the continuing build. Your insurance rates are pretty good, i pay 125 a month for liability on my 93

Old 10-11-2007, 07:47 AM
HCF Member

Im highly impressed that the engine bay came so clean. You work fast.

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed