Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic geting back to stock and modest.

Hey i noticed that in my car too (the black with blue flakes) i think its the honda si color. its called midnight something.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

looking sweet dude.. its cmoin along nicely

Old 10-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well another day... more work.. ALMOST READY TO START UP AND TWEAK!!!!!

today i swaped that bad ball joint, put axles in bolted it all preaty much together.
so TOMOROW i SHOULD just have to fill up radiator fluid and do a double check over everything! and then try to start her up and tweak it........
tho so far only problem i think i will have is the shifter.....
i try and work the shifter inside the car BUT it doesnt seem to hold a gear! but if i work the shifter gear on the tranny it holds....
and since ive never had problems with a shifter i dont know what to check
im not sure whats wrong.... i gotta bolt a wheel back on the car and then have my dad move the wheel while i play with the shifter to see when it gets ingear and holds tight. i HOPE its nothing big! tho the bolt on the shifter linkage just doesnt look right to me...
its a regular bolt with like a piece of tubing or something around it. preaty odd looking. cannt be right! also anyone know if i can buy a new piece for the tranny shifter? its riveted inplace BUT a simple grinder and a bolt with the new piece and it should be as good as new. cause now it looks preaty worn! im not sure if the linkage is the problem or MAYBE the I THINK short shifter is the problem. at least i THINK its a short shifter.LOL i just know something doesnt feel right!

if anyone can help me out PLEASE speak up....

BUT anyways heres some pictures of todays work....

the old ball joint and the new one. and ya freezing the new ball joint works great. just a hammer socket and special pliers for the lock ring. was ALOT easier than i thought! had it done within an hour!

and YES IM GHETTO AS HELL RIGHT NOW! fork bolt snaped and since its so tight still i just welded the snaped bolt to the fork. but DONT WORRY TEMP FIX im gonna buy some other forks and swap out these lowered springs for stock springs for the winter driving. i dont plan on driving the car much so i think the weld will hold just fine till i get the new fork and springs....

and heres that shifter linkage bolt on the tranny that just LOOKS MESSED UP! THE LOWER BOLT. i tried to use a larger bolt BUT it wouldnt fit so i stuck that old bolt back in it

and thier she is JUST about ready to attempt to turn the key and set the timing.
also gotta remember to slap that strut bar back on..

just about ready to move on its own power

Old 10-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya im also gonna try and buy some parts for the civic as well...
saw this listing localy figure cannt go wrong for only 100bucks...
1994 Civic Ex coupe drivers door, front fenders, trunk lid, tail lights, sunroof
all goes for $100, the parts are painted black, no rust or dings

both my fenders are preaty bad plus the trunk lid all scratched up from his paint job attempt.... and he painted all the weatherstriping as well blue.
and the drivers door needs new hinges BAD!!!!! cannt ever have to many good parts

i guess depends if my shifter needs a new bushing and how much it costs from dealership if ill buy everything from the local guy...

Old 10-05-2007, 06:20 PM

looks like a good project car.. i'm hopeing by the end of this year i will have myself one
Good luck

Old 10-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well today 1st attempt to start up... no go!!!!!!!!

tried distributor moved around and i got it to fire up shortly and then itwouldnt start up and run again....

tried distributor all over the place BUT no luck again.....

i checked compresion all right about 180PSI all around 178-182psi
it has fuel pressure BUT im not sure if its enough pressure. might have to buy a presure gauge for the fuel filter.
tho tomorow i will remove the injectors and try the old injectors. and also change the fuel filter to fuel rail hose... i found out it caught on something when puting the motor in and was stretched overnight so MAYBE it colapsed the hose not leting enough fuel thru. so might try that hose replacement first...

tho one downfall is i MIGHT have buy a new axle seal for the driver side cause i guess when i instaled the seal it sliped down to far.... and with the wheels off the ground it was leaking fluid out it...... ill try to drive it around a bit and see if it still leaks. with the car on jack stands it was leaking. i put the car on its wheels and it LOOKS like its stoped. tho it might just be cause its leveled out right now.lol

im hoping its just the rubber fuel line colapsed or injectors maybe stuck.

i started up the car and it ran for about 30seconds before i turned it off tried adjusting the distributor alittle and it wouldnt fire up again.. it TRIES to but doesnt keep running.

realy frustrating!
i check the fuel pump and it has voltage when i turn the key off BUT looks as after a few seconds the voltage is turned off.... i asume thats to keep the fuel pump from burning out... at least i hope thats it. now i just gotta try one thing after another......

and LETS JUST SAY i missed the timing belt by one tooth..... what would the symptoms be? tho i dont think thats the problem cause it did start up for a min..... and no valves are hiting cause i spun the motor over by hand quite a few times and it was always freely turning.....

just gotta try a few things out and HOPEFULLY it will be just be a minor problem.
but i also need to check fuses cause i dont have the underdash fuse panel cover to say what these fuses are suposed to go to and afew are blank...

Old 10-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well FINALY got it running. tho not quite right yet...
still has bad gas in it.. ill drain all the gas out tomorow morning and try and see what it runs like....
BUT im preaty sure i also got the timing belt off a tooth
tried adjusting the timing BUT im preaty sure its off!
heres a short video of it... its decently running BUT still hesitates and i cannt just the timing mark any closer.....
tho im not sure...... when timing the car do i time it at idel speed? or at 2K rpm?
book doesnt realy say... so it MIGHT be right or close... but i think its off a tooth. tho ill check it with new gas in it and see how that works out if it changes it any... BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF TIMING IS SUPOSED TO BE DONE AT IDEL SPEED ruffly 7-800rpm.... or at 2K rpm?
please help me out thier... this is my first honda belt swap and timing and im not positive.
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...=timingoff.flv
thiers the video of the timing... fist at idle... and then holding it around 2K rpms.

and so far THAT MUFFLER SOUNDS BAD!!!!! tho audio in my cameras not that great BUT i think its preaty bad
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ivicruning.flv

drain the gas tank tomorow morning, check timing, if i can find out if its timed at idle or 2K rpms that is... and if its off next day adjust the timing belt over a tooth....

Old 10-09-2007, 06:21 AM
HCF Member

Kinda sounds like my weedwacker. but it must be nice to have it running, Good job!

Old 10-09-2007, 08:11 AM
HCF Member

Not sure if this helps, hard to take a good pic of the fuse labels. This is from my 94

Name:  Picture031.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  108.2 KB

Old 10-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rice_eater

Not sure if this helps, hard to take a good pic of the fuse labels. This is from my 94
ya thanks but already got help for that fuse box and everything is good and proper besides the radio fuse... instead of 15amp its 10amp... but it holds perfectly so i guess its fine for the aftermarket sony headunit... sounds ok but not that great..
so im gonna swap radios from my work truck with my nice clarion deck and slap this sony into it!

sony sucks for bass! and eventualy i will have some bass in this sucker!

and O YA feels great to have it runing and driving! well driving around the yard that is.LOL these springs are DEFINATLY NOT FORGIVING FEEL!!!!!! rides preaty ruff!! at least around my bumpy yard.LOL

but today i did fix the timing. belt was off a tooth or 2... BUT i got it perfect now and timed. runs alot beter BUT still not perfect..... most likely cause of the poor old gas... i just cannt bring myself to drain out 10bucks in gas.LOL so ill just rock it, slap some HEET into the gas tank to help on any water that might be in the system...
today ive been cleaning it up inside, put the interior back together,
riped out that crapy aftermarket steering wheel, put it back stock tho downfall is i have to pull the wheel apart again cause its not quite straight.... but o well no big deal.... easy enough to straighten out......
i got all the panels back on and cleaned in the front... now just have to sweet out the car and clean the seats and rear area, then eventualy go to junk yard and buy a spare donute 14tire for it... but till then ill just slap one of my fullsize spares from 99 into the trunk. just incase i have a flat. i woulda slaped my spare into it BUT my spare is bad. stupid TINY pin hole in the side wall.

then of course i need to build my own floor for the truck cause the TYPICAL warped board stock piece!

also friday as long as this guy hasnt sold the parts yet ill be buying....
"1994 Civic Ex coupe drivers door, front fenders, trunk lid, tail lights, sunroof
all goes for $100, the parts are painted black, no rust or dings "

sounds like a sweet deal! cause both front fenders and PREATY BAD... extra door and taillights not needed BUT good backup extra parts... another sunroof cause mine had its rubber trim painted blue, trunk lid.... also good since i wont have to do as much sanding on it to smooth out the bodyy work and make it ready for paint.....

i expect to paint the car in the spring so still got pleanty of time for body work over the winter.... sanding sucks so im gonna take my time!
also considering a CF hood.... but at least a new hood and front bumper cause they are damaged.

BUT next thing i DEFINATLY NEED TO DO is replace the door pins in the drivers door! DOOR SAGS HARDCORE!!!!!! bushings are PREATY TRASHED!
also need to find a cheap alarm/keyless entry system for it. cause i HATE using keys to unlock doors.LOL

well back out to cleaning it up... well to best i can that is... carpet needs replaced BAD!

and i think ill rock the TURD muffler for a bit.... just cause i dont want to buy a muffler right now! sounds beter that the car is timed properly...... but is STILL A TURD! AND IT HAS THE SILENCER in it....LOL id HATE to hear it without it!!!!

and the exaust looks cleaner now... but still might take awhile before its cleaned out.... its VERY DIRTY from the blown motor dumping fuel thru the system.... but geting beter... plus the paint is preaty much burned good enough so it doesnt smell like burning paint anymore either.LOL
guess i shoulda used that 1500degree paint for the header.. O WELL it will be fine till i can buy a decent header for it....
and for the exaust im still not sure if ill slap the RSR system on it OR on my 99 civic.... i believe they are the same system... so depending on which car i decide to slap it on i can always put the stock system onto the other and trash this TURD MUFFLER!

tho depending on how much i like this 94manual... depends if i slap the RSR system on it or my 99...

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed