Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 05:45 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic geting back to stock and modest.

well its not 7cars....6 lol
but i do have a few vehicles.... every one has its own purpose...
99civic auto... daily driver for cruising...
93truck work truck of course...
66impala, tho parked its just a classic old school muscle... for when i realy wanna tear up some tires!
77bus... well its more of a storage bus right now.LOL
my litle scooter... well just a little scooter...
and this civic will be my fun little manual/winter beater.... well it will be a beater until i fix up the paint.LOL

so i realy cannt sell any of them... ive thought about sellen the 66impala BUT it was my first car... and the first car i ever fully painted... and i just have TONS of memories into that car.... it will be very ruff to part with that car!
also with my parents talking about selling the house and moving down to florida next year maybe hell that will get expensive geting just my vehicles moved down thier.LOL

but anyways today im gonna try to remove the passenger axle so i can take it down and replace it then try to fix the drivers side fork where i busted the bolt on it
im just gonna hold off on replacing that balljoint for now just cause i cannt get that sucker to pop out! try beating the crap outta it from the botom and using a tuning fork and i just couldnt get it to seperate!
it doesnt feel bad BUT the rubber surrounding is all tore up so it wont be long before it does need replaced at least...

dang everytime i see a decent set of rims im broke... i see 2 pairs of rims for only 100bucks localy but i dont have 100bucks
one set comes with tires tho are 14s, and the other is 15inch rims without tires... dang just my luck...

Old 09-30-2007, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

dang everytime i see a decent set of rims im broke... i see 2 pairs of rims for only 100bucks localy but i dont have 100bucks
one set comes with tires tho are 14s, and the other is 15inch rims without tires... dang just my luck...
LOL, I completely get that!!! I see a new set that I want almost every other week, way I figure it though, everything happens for a reason so when you finally have the money, maybe that's when the perfect set will come along

Old 10-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well today SHOCKINGLY I ACTUALY got my clutch kit...

so today i bought replacement axle for passenger side, bought throttle body gasket cause the TPS sensor is STUCK to the old motors intake and the screws just STRIPED the heads right off! so i gotta change the whole thing still have to clean up the old one and paint it black to match right...
ill wait till i get the motor in the car cause im BROKE RIGHT NOW! just HOPING nothing goes thru my bank and bounces before thursday. LMFAO

BUT anyways today i got the new rear main seal replaced and the new clutch kit on the motor... tomorow ill price a spring for the clutch fork cause mine doesnt look to good but i could clean it up and bend it back right BUT if its less than 10bucks ill just buy new...
tomorow ill get that and then mount the motor/tranny together... HOPEFULLY it will just slide together perfectly! and MAYBE ill be able to drop the motor in this week!!!!!
just waiting right now for new formed heater hose from the head to the thermostat housing... i woulda just used reg heater hose BUT its a circle and would probably pinch the hose and cause overheating SO gotta wait a bit longer.... ordered it today BUT no clue if it will come in tomorow or the day after so that might slow me down another day BUT i still cannt actualy start the motor up until thursday when i get paid to buy the new fuel filter as well.LOL i figure i most likely got quite a bit of water in it from when i cleaned the engine bay I FORGOT to tape over it WOOPS but no big deal i was gonna replace it anyways!
and BEFORE i can drive the car i HAVE TO buy a new lower ball joint for drivers side! just another one of those suprises i ran into.. plus i REALY messed it up trying to get it seperated from the spindle. LMFAO but i did get it apart!

ok enough chat... heres what i got..

the old..

the new

at least i do have that dang ball joint seperated FINALY.LOL

thank goodness i had JUST ENOUGH LOCTITE

hopefully mating the tranny to the motor goes REALY EASILY tomorow and ill have the motor ALMOST READY to be droped into the car... [8D]

Old 10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member

sorry guys... no work today.. im waiting for dealer to get that stupid little spring for the fork throw out....
the spring that was on the fork looked preaty bad and wasnt tight or straight at all... SO had to spend another 5bucks and wait another day before i can mount the tranny/motor together at least I HOPE it comes in tomorow... cause im off work thursday and WOULD LOVE to get the drivetrain in the car and ready to start up!!!!!
also waiting till thursday before i have enough cash to buy the 1 ball joint and fuel filter... im already PUSHING IT VERY HARD with my bank account geting VERY CLOSE to bouncing somethting.LOL

but one good thing... the honda parts department guy knows my name now. LMFAO
only thing i refuse to buy at dealership is that axle! 3times the cost of it from autozone... 60bucks OR 180bucks... hum what would you do. LMFAO
tho 70bucks for the balljoint sucks BUT i need it.... they have a 15dollar one BUT for 15bucks.... IM NOT GONNA TRUST THAT.LOL
BUT hopefully thursday the motor will be in the car and at least ready to start ATTEMPTING to get it runing.... not sure how tuff replacing that balljoint will be so no idea how long that will take
ive only done one other balljoint job and that was on my old S10 and they where bolted in so it was VERY EASY to do!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:29 PM

sounds good man
that new clutch dealio looks badass

I wish I knew as much as you do about engines and car parts in general!
I don't even know where to begin :P

haha, and I know how you feel about strapping that bank account...
theres so much I want to buy for my car that I simply can't

Old 10-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well almost anything you can do yourself.... just start out small and work your way around... try different things....
best thing you can do for yourself is buy that hayness manual for your car and ready thru it..... the only chapter of that book that i never read is the motor rebuild section... and the very end with the wiring diagram pictures.LOL

everything else ya jsut read about and if you need to do it.... ya try it. ya gotta start out small and work your way up...
i didnt start pullen out motors. i started out changing oil and doing brakes.LOL
only two ways to learn...... read about it and do it....
if i woulda paid someone to do just this so far... i know it would be alot.LOL

Old 10-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well got what looks to be a preaty good ammount of work done today

so far ruffly 550bucks in parts... 250bucks for motor..... 400bucks for civic......
ruffly another 100bucks left to spend... rufly 70for ball joint... alittle cash for fuel filter and some radiator fluid...

well the goodies just waiting to get slaped in...

and O YA.... i felt good enough to slap it in the car... SUPRISINGLY WENT PREATY EASILY... tho i did bust one sensor thing on the back of the intake good thing i got spare parts from original motor

pictures turned out preaty bad tho

BUT motor/tranny is now in the car! [8D]
i just have to do a few more things....
replace that busted sensor
do 2 heater hoses, and a few vac lines.
radiator and hoses....
change intake throttle body,
instal starter, battery.
fill all the fluids of course.....
instal distributor and valve cover...
and i THINK thats about it....
o ya also lower driver side ball joint, fuel filter and axles.

ill probably run into little thinngs here and thier that i forgot but im gonna look over it all REALY GOOD to ensure i havent missed anything before i hit that key!!!!!!!

only downfall is i have to help my dad tomorow clean up the motor home geting it ready for a short 3 day trip for them... and then more work on it for thier LONG trip ruffly 6months to florida next moth I YA.... cannt wait!

but anyways HOPEFULLY ill get this thing running and driving this week....
only hard thing left to do is that ball joint.
im just hoping thier nothing i missed!

Old 10-04-2007, 03:15 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Coming along good...Im sure all the little 5 bucks here and there are killing you. Everything I start I end up making another trip to the shop for something stupid I missed.
On another note...I know you said your doing paint, did you paint your 99, or is it just that nice still with stock paint? Its glossy as hell!!! Still trying to build up my confidence to paint my own car.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:40 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well the 99 has been in several accidents so its been repainted a few times... one time with a full paint job they didnt use stock paint... they used a black with some blue flake in it and it looks SWEET when the sun hits it just right!!! BUT its been repainted as well after that with stock black.... the drivers door, rear bumper and i think trunk lid... you cannt realy see a difference... but you cannt get that blue flake visable..
which is main reason i wanna figure out the paint they used and repaint those stock areas to match..... i mean most people would NEVER know it but when ya hand wash your car you see everything.LOL

and ya ill be painting the 94 definatly.... tho i was gonna start on it this winter BUT i think ill rock it for a bit as is and pay off some bills or at least knock thier grand totals down a bit.LOL
but if you want a nice looking paint its all in the prep work! thier is no SWEET @SS PAINT GUY.... its all in the bodys prep work to how good the paint looks!
i mean well anyone can just lay down paint that looks good 10feet away.LOL thats what this blue civic looks like.LOL but anycloser than that and your like WTF WAS HE THINKING!!!!!!!! OMG THATS BAD......... LOL

Old 10-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well today im almost thier......
new fuel filter, passenger axle instaled, all fluids but radiator filled up....
valve cover on... blablabla

just need to buy donute gasket for rear exaust and springs for it which im preaty sure SHOULD be thier.... and still need to buy that balljoint and HOPEFULLY i can rent a tool to remove and instal the new ball joint. I HOPE... then i can put in the drivers side axle and then fire it up and set the timing

anyone know if i can start the car without one axle without throwing tranny fluid all over the place? LOL
i wanna fire her up BUT dont want to waste tranny fluid cause i just toped it off!

also quick painted black stock header till i can buy a real header for it...

and still have to drill this turd out and buy a radiator holder piece BUT till then another ziptie will work

and YES those blue hoses WILL BE REPLACED with black soon enough!

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed