Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic geting back to stock and modest.

ya hopefully its nothing..... and it will be head and intake manifold attached and throttle body as well.... the sensors and injectors i MIGHT keep... cause ive heard those sensors aint cheap....
hopefully ill slap the motor in and she will pur right up! I HOPE!!!!!!!

desided not to do any work on the car today..... halo 3 game time for abit... then gotta help my dad dig out his vette so mister pigie can come out and inspect it to get the out of state title in his name...

Old 09-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Recognized HCF Member

all im looking for is a head with complete valve train, studs, dissy, cam gear, and a valve cover would be nice but not a biggy

Old 09-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well forgot... it definatly wont have a dizzy..... my replacement motor didnt come with it.... so i have to reuse it from the stock motor definatly...

Old 09-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i could possibly find a dissy

Old 09-26-2007, 06:34 AM
HCF Member

Addiction, I know you said you were just trying to make it back to stock, but after its back do you have any future plans with the 94?

Old 09-26-2007, 11:21 AM

Wow, I just caught up with this thread...
You are a very hard worker.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Overurhead360

Addiction, I know you said you were just trying to make it back to stock, but after its back do you have any future plans with the 94?
well just some minor plans.... some 15inch rims.... cheap header, AEM dryflow filter with a ebay CAI tube... new front fenders... need hood and bumper, new front lip... and of course stock green paint MAYBE with some very small flake... MAYBE THAT IS..... nothing major just a suddel change...

my custom blue gauges like i did to my 99... same BASIC bass setup firing front into the cabin with my 12inch REaudio SX and just a JBL BP600.1 amplifier. give it half power the sub can take but still easy on the alternator.LOL
new black carpet... black suede headliner along with other misc recovered panels...
and MAYBE EVENTUALY some decent coilovers and shocks.... just so i can lower the car with some turns of a wrench and alignment and its ready for summer... and a few more turns and alignment for winter....
nothing MAJOR just tweaks here and thier...

and well dont have much for today... spent another freaken 80bucks on more seals and bolts... axle seals, flywheel bolts and clutch bolts, alternator bolt... and also looked at a new OEM clutch pads and mine look like ruffly 75-80% good so im gonna reuse the clutch setup...
have to wait till tomorow to price a rebuilt axle at like autozone... dealer wanted like 160bucks plus core... WOW OUCH....
also have to wait on that new ball joint for another week... gotta pay insurance with this paycheck.

BUT after the car is running and driving decent i gotta start paying off my credit cards again.LOL
all these new seals and bolts are five dollaring me to death right now.LOL and yes five dollaring.... thiers no nickels and dimes with dealer OEM parts. LMFAO each clutch and fly wheel bolt was like freaken 4-5bucks each

and HARDEST PART about pulling apart 2 motors... IS THE EXTRA BOLTS..... hahahahhaa im like... O CRAP WHERE DID THIS BOLT GO.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CRAP...LOL
but so far im good....
then i believe i just have minor stuff to buy to get this car.... like spring and bolts for exaust, and well thats it i believe so far! i believe..... something else will probably POP UP after i get driving the car a min.......
but a few things im just gonna wait out for like the rack steering boots.... both of them are poped outta place on the tip of the boots when you go full wheel lock to lock...

it will definatly be nice to start this thing up and drive it outta the shop!!!!!!!! id say 1-2weeks at this point as long as i dont have any more money problems or sudden suprises!
i just REALY HOPE the cylinder rings are good! just waiting on those flywheel bolts and socket to put the engine/tranny together so i can put the starter on it... fill it up with oil and crank here over a bit for the compression test.....

and well na im not REALY a hard worker.... determined YES... hard worker naaaaa.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well hold up today.... from a clutch alignment tool..... napa wants 40bucks for a universal alignemtn tool BUT thats 40bucks for something ill use MAYBE afew times in my lifetime!!!!!! so i passed it up.... and cannt find anyplace to rent it from or a cheap place to buy one. im thinking i might just have to cough up some dough for a new clutch setup even tho i REALY dont think i need it...... but yet it comes with all the bearings and tool for it.....
im trying to save some cash on the clutch BUT the more i think about it the more i beter just be broke and wait another week to get it in the mail
sucks.... i hate being broke but its just nickle after nickel i gotta drop into this civic..... i mean dont get me wrong when its all back together she should be great if thiers no other mechanical problems with the motor or tranny..... which i wont know until i get this thing running and driving.
guess i just have to wait for my check to clear in my bank and just buy a new clutch kit off ebay

guess ill just forget about the replacement axle at this week....
found out napa wants like 50-60bucks for the replacement axle so thats good at least!

but at least i got the sockets for this clutch and flywheel bolts.... just waiting on new bolts to come into honda and ill bolt up the flywheel to the motor and then try to do a starter test to test out compresion in the motor....
so at least geting closer.. just happened to slow down realy quick for the little things!
[sm=rant.gif]

EDIT....... just bit the bullet and bought it....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330168538403
bye bye grocery money.... thank goodness i work in a kitchen and eat free at work! now i just have to starve at home....

Old 09-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well today started replacing all the vacume hoses and such... i just have to buy one more hose the formed heater hose that goes from the thermostat to the block... basicaly just a big loop
cannt do regular heater hose cause it would just pinch it and wont flow....

i also have 1 wire harness plug that i cannt find out where it goes.
ANY Z6 owner PLEASE help me out... look around your dizzy and tell me where this plug is suposed to go!
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t/88befe07.jpg

also replaced the door handle bezel thats super messed up!!!!!! i dont know HOW you would mess up this door bezel so much... but what ever... guy was a HUGE idiot! the handle is also messed up BUT im just gonna glue it back together.... its not to bad... can clean it up...

not a whole lot done today... just got the flywheel off the old motor and threw it outback in the scrap pile...
was gonna put the flywheel on the motor BUT with it on the engine stand..... well i cant so i have to get it on the engine hoist so i can swap that rear main seal and then slap the flywheel on.... i got all the new bolts now... so preaty much just waiting on the new clutch now...

and while i wait im just doing some minor work like painting little pieces and bolts that i missed....
tomorow ill swap the TPS sensor onto the new motor cause it is missing off it... tho the screws are seized or something so i have use some visgrips on them and buy some new bolts...
then ill start cleaning up the interior...

Old 09-29-2007, 09:04 PM
HCF Member

i wish i could do shiit like this.....i dont kno how to do anything like u do though....i admire your experience or knowledge or w/e the fu** it is lol im jealous. And if i hear you say your broke, then show your 7 cars one more time!!!!!!!!! [:@] lol

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed