Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic geting back to stock and modest.

WELL after a HUGE 99ROUND FIGHT WITH THE AXLES... i finaly got the motor outta the car.... i must say NOW I KNOW WHY most places just torch the axles out WOW..... big props to anyone that can do axles quickly cause i had a HELL of a time....

first drivers side trying to get that axle out... NEITHER would come out without some wicked angles on the tranny/motor and it was still HELL to get that last about 2inches of the axles out!
and before then i tryed removing the outter nut and fork... and the fork bolt snaped off... so the fork is STUCK to the strut which is one of the reasons i went thru HELL TRYING to remove these F***en axles!!!!!
i think i DEFINATLY NEED TO REPLACE THEM just cause i went thru HELL to get them OUT AS-IS..... plus also ill buy new springs and shocks for the front.... i still dont know HOW im gonna get this dam fork out now!
i have pictures BUT im way to tired! gotta work tomrow morning and i just cannt do it.... ill upload the pictures tomorow night.
im pooped

NOW TAKING DONATIONS FOR AXLES AND SPRINGS......LOL

Old 09-21-2007, 11:32 PM
HCF Member

sorry to hear about the fork, but other than that it sounds like the car is coming along well. Just keep on keepin' us updated

Old 09-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well heres the pictures from yesterday...
gotta seperate the motor/trany tonight and HOPEFULLY the clutch is good!!!!! money is geting tight but i dont want to miss anything important!

first off the problem

also not sure how high the suspension SHOULD be....

o so empty looking...

and well heres how the painted motor should look like with the painted valve cover...

Old 09-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'm diggin' the painted motor, bro.... btw, here's what the car should look like (suspension-wise)... this is my car back when all it had was an intake:
Name:  civic-2.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  33.3 KB
if you need more pics of anything, let me know and I'll see what I can dig up.

*edit: I just realized that my stock springs are sitting in my garage... pm me if you're interested (little/no rust)

Old 09-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

PMed......
i dont wanna be plowing snow with this car this winter. LMFAO

Old 09-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well pulled motor/tranny apart today and i THINK the clutch looks ok...

just the more i tear into this car the more small things keep poping up
passenger axle has way to much movement... definatly bad..
drivers lower ball joint is bad... and i just couldnt pop it out with the typical tuning fork and BFHammer..
and so far nothing else major worth mentioning YET...... at least i hope not!

BUT ya gotta get it all fixed right... just so i can abuse it without worries

Old 09-22-2007, 08:50 PM
HCF Member

I have a set of VX rims laying around if interested

Old 09-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well unless rims are free.....LOL i dont have enought money to even pay for shiping of them..... thats why i always try to look localy for heavy stuff

BUT first things first... geting this car road worthy now!

i gotta wait till thursday before i can buy the new balljoint and axle and MAYBE clutch plate... i need to see a new one to see if mines still good or under half life....

BUT not a whole lot done today.... tired of working the past few days and only geting about 5hours of sleed

replaced that other crank oil seal, put spark plugs in, finished instaling the new timing belt and put the cover back on.... tho i cannt tighten the crank bolt until i find a way to hold the motor still.LOL
and cleaned up the tranny and other misc mounts got them all painted up....
might be a task geting this motor into the car and line up right.LOL but ill GET UR DONE.....
first time always takes the longest!!!!!!!!

BUT heres some pics so far....

brake cleaner and a tooth brush WORKS GREAT

dirty dirty dirty.....

and well figure i need to try and get a new shifter brace..... OR if i cannt buy a new one ill have to bust out the hammer and dolly and a washer and afew tack welds to straighten this crap up
i figure the bolt came almost out and the dumb @ss kept shifting hard!

i hope i can just buy a new brace for it and just grind the rivet off and just bolt it to it.... BUT knowing my luck lately ill just have to fab it up....

and i might have to replace the alternator to... found out when i removed the tranny... the DUMB @SS must have lost the lower alternator bolt and just tightened the top adjuster bolt alternator has alittle noise to it when i free spin it. ill take it to autozone tomorow and have them bench test it....

also have to wait till NAPA opens tomorow to buy 2 sockets to remove the CLUTCH and flywheel bolts properly.... as well as buy new bolts just to be safe.....
but due to money.... i wont be a be to get much work done till friday... BUT at least i have this weekend off so HOPEFULLY ill be able to get this motor/tranny bolted in the car I HOPE!!

but ill drag the car outside tomorow and pressure wash the engine bay and HOPEFULLY clean up alot of that oil outta thier! to bad the heater on the pressure washer is busted might take me awhile....

Old 09-23-2007, 04:41 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Don't forget to put grease all over the transmission's shaft, on the throwout bearing pivit points and anywhere there is metal to metal contact! I almost forgot, and it's all squeaky if you don't!!!

Keep it up!!!

Old 09-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i read that in the book
the fork looks good so ill just buy a new clip spring for it, new throwout bearing and any other bearing thats in thier. and check dealership and look at how thick a new clutch is....
and ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN RENT a clutch alignment tool from like autozone or what not? i know it comes with most kits.. but if the clutch looks over 50% thier im just gonna rock it and reuse it... but if under 50% ill buy a new clutch pad for it...
now im just waiting till thrusday night to buy new axle seals, passenger axle.. (anyone know how much one of those costs? )
the bearings, a flywheel and clutch sockets to remove the stockers and reinstal new bolts....

didnt do much today after all... just felt like sleeping in and since i dont have any money to buy parts for it.... well just slacking today on it.LOL
i only drug the car outside and degreased the engine bay just leting it dry before i lift it up and drag it back inside the shop.... which it should be dry by now.... looks alot cleaner under the hood thats for sure!!!!
ill snap a picture for a before and after comparison later tonight....
only thing ill do tonight to the car is just pull the oil pan off the old motor and anything else i think i can get some money outta... and throw the bare block in the scrap aluminum corner outside.... might get a few bucks outta it.LOL and only thing i can realy see keeping is the oil pan and sensors off the block.... everything else is just preaty much scrap metal...

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed