Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic geting back to stock and modest.

well unfortunatly i sold those rims i painted i sold them to buy that fender roller tool that i bought... used and then sold...lol

well ive known some people that have gotten KILLER DEALS... old school friend that i sold a 92-95 CAI to bought his civic for 400bucks tho it needed a few sensors and such to make it run right and a timing belt swap he did.

of course i COULD HAVE just bought this motor and slaped it in my 94civic BUT looks like its leaked some oil before and i want a reliable leak free motor!!!!!!!!
I WOULD HAVE been done with my timing belt swap BUT after pulling parts off and checking seals... the parts guy didnt give me the right seal i guess.... i got 1 seal for the cam shaft BUT not the crankshaft... so i have to take one of the seals back tomorow and get the rigth seal... he sold me this 1 seal that looks solid steel... thats gotta be the wrong seal! all the other seals i know where they are suposed to go!

heres some of the goodies i got...

also cleaned the motor up decently... primered and painted it. tho i will remove the fuel rail and replace it with the fuel rail on the old motor since it looks good this one was pitted preaty bad...
and i also decided to go ahead and use my other painted valve cover on this motor since its just laying around right now

and thiers the car just waiting for its new life....

and heres the valve cover i painted afew months ago....
Name:  civicvalvecoverV2-6.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  134.9 KB
Name:  DSC00153.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  148.4 KB

should look great on the motor.... just wont put it on the motor until i get it in the car....

now paint isnt the best... BUT its not that big of a deal! cause motor still looks ALOT beter than it did when i started!

and well i WAS planing on pulling the motor outta my civic but now my dad says i have to help him work on his convertables brakes tomorow morning tho i still MIGHT have enough time to pull the motor/tranny out

Old 09-20-2007, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

dang dude thats awesome ur ride coming along real good i wish i had time to do a project car i always wanted one too o well anyways, best of luck

Old 09-20-2007, 09:01 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: PREKGSR

the 99-00 SI rims would look really good on that EG bro ,nice work so far!
correct me if im wrong but if its a 94 ex coupe wouldnt that make it a EJ1?

good luck with the car bro looks like ur makin some really good progress. always nice to see good projects coming along. even if ur not building it up to 500000000 hp.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

That bottle of purple cleaner works great. Also, break parts cleaner is good too.

Let me know if you need any parts... I got a bunch sitting around.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:47 AM
March 2010 ROTM

I have the time for a project just not the $$$$. But one day...Project Hatch will be born. Seeing all those parts waiting to be installed would drive me crazy if I didnt have much time to work on it like you.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:49 AM
HCF Member

Dude i just want to say good luck and it seems to be comming along really nicely.

You engine paint looks pretty good and your vavle cover looks wicked.

Really though man good luck, i really wish i had a garage to work on my car but sadly in the city i can barley find parking lol.

Wish i lived near you as i would love to help out and learn how to work on cars more myself.

Soon your going to have 2 cars that i think are super sweet as your 99 is simplsy fantastic in my eyes.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:08 AM
June 2010 ROTM

ORIGINAL: johnb

ORIGINAL: PREKGSR

the 99-00 SI rims would look really good on that EG bro ,nice work so far!
correct me if im wrong but if its a 94 ex coupe wouldnt that make it a EJ1?

good luck with the car bro looks like ur makin some really good progress. always nice to see good projects coming along. even if ur not building it up to 500000000 hp.
^The actual chassis code for his car will be EJ1, yes. But as a general name for any 92-95 civic is EG, likewise, the all 96-00 is referred to as an EK.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:27 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well actualy ive got several vehicles.LOL
99civic
94civic
93 fullsize chevy long bed pickup truck
66 chevy impala
and a 77 fullsize school bus
i also got a 3wheel cushman cart...lol

see this is the only problem since i dont have alotta cash i have to pick and chose which vehicle i wanna spend money for

Old 09-21-2007, 05:32 AM
June 2010 ROTM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

see this is the only problem since i dont have alotta cash i have to pick and chose which vehicle i wanna spend money for

Spend the money on the 77 fullsize school bus, ftw!! I'm helping a bud out rebuilding his MR2 engine from the bare block too, so I know how much time and work is involved! Keep it up!!

Old 09-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well no real rebuilding going on with the motor just redoing the oil seals, and typical maintance work...
and i WOULD have the motor ready today BUT that parts guy didnt give me the seal for around the crankshaft and when i went today they dont have one instock so he had to order it and he SAID that it should be in tomorow... but ya know how that goes... im not gonna hold my breath for them! and i also work saturday so MOST LIKELY they will probably be closed before i get off work and ill have to wait till monday anyways...

BUT on a positive note the car is pulled into the shop just waiting for motor and tranny to be PLUCKED outta it.LOL
and my dad just got rid of afew preaty much JUNK CARS and made 9,500bucks AND the guy preaty much wanted to buy out my dads whole shop... al the project vehicles he started and never finished along with a few that just have minor problems for another 24,000bucks..... hell im hoping the guy desides to take it all! then i could have a CLEAN LARGE shop to work in... as well as my dad

weve had projects siting for a good 10years that havent been touched and if we sell AT least HALF of them ill have TONS of space to work in! I REALY HOPE he takes it all... first offer was 15K which was just WAY TO LOW..... my dad said 25K bucks then after awhile he says 22K bucks ... my dad still said no cause its still a steal for all the stuff he is buying and my dad said he would take 24K and he could have all it........ no tools or anything... just vehicles, lawmowers, tractor.... cannt sell any tools that we still need to keep

O MAN I CAN ONLY DREAM OF MY DADS SHOP CLEANED OUT.... WOW WILL THAT BE A DAY!!!!

its a preaty big shop

right now we only got enough room for MAYBE 2 cars thru the middle door.. so preaty much everything will be gone besides tools and my dads new tractor and his motorhome. GOT FINGERS CROSSED would be sweet to have a paint booth again.LOL

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed