Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic geting back to stock and modest.

another day not much done just cleaning parts up now...

so far the 94 is going good only snaped one bolt.LOL and thats a straight thru bolt so ill just drill it out and put a bolt and nut onto it.. its the lower tranny mount. so not extremly important so it will be all good..

got my grocery list for the motor preaty much.. plugs and belts and misc stuff.....
im HOPING all the goodies dont run over 175bucks.... thats about all i want to spend so i can buy more degreaser and paint to clean up the motor... thiers a few i can go without for a week like dip stick and exaust manifold gaskets..ect

i know the parts department guy is gonna get tired of looking at me. LMFAO
but id rather buy all OEM and now its perfect fit...

Old 09-19-2007, 03:51 PM

Hell of a project on your hands there mate. Would love to do something like this but ive just gone back to college and dont have the knowledge, time or funds to do it.
I think sticking to OEM for most of the parts is a good idea.. perfect fit, possible warranty on some parts?
However theres some things like spring n stuff that you know decent companies make so you should try n save some money on things along the way.
It will leave you extra cash for more important stuff too.

Anyway good luck mate

Old 09-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well its not realy a UPGRADE build project.... but more for a reborn reliable ride...
just for the IMPORTANT stuff like seals and components i dont wanna cheap out cause its ALOT easier to work on the motor with it outta the car.LOL id rather not have to pull the motor again....

and for the springs i just want a stock soft ride with stock height.... if anyone has a good brand with stock ride and height... id be willing to go cheaper thier.... i just dont want lowering springs for it cause indiana winters can throw down some snow at times... and i never realy had a problem with my stock height 99civic but it wasnt so bad last year but IM SURE id EASILY hang up my 99civic this winter if i tried driving it.LMFAO as well as dont wanna mess up my 1300dollar rims/tires.LOL

thats another reason with not going over 15inch rims for this 94civic. but ill rock steelies until i find a good used set of rims. plus since this car is a manual i guess performance from a smaller rim would help alittle as well as comfort and less chance of rim damage...

Old 09-19-2007, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

the 99-00 SI rims would look really good on that EG bro ,nice work so far!

Old 09-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

aaaaaaaa that is a good idea... some SI rims would look preaty nice...
have to put that on the future list...

Old 09-19-2007, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

wow nice project you got there. Like you said before, you should care about your safety first. So make sure you don't forget to fix or change the seat belts and other safety features.

good luck man

Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well the seat belts are good and such.... mainly just the drivers side air bag and bolting down the seats all the way...

Old 09-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well today spent another 200bucks for this motor...
most the other seals, belts, some plugs, no wires yet tho. i just want to get this motor sealed up. and after i get all the new seals on the motor i got abunch of degreaser, brake cleaner and high temp paint.... and friday ill try to pull the motor/tranny outta the car. (my day off work)

will try geting the seals instaled today so i can start cleaning up the motor for paint tomorow HOPEFULLY...

only downfall about this PROJECT is these little things add up quick

BUT some good news is i got the OEM steering wheel, air bag, wires and cruise controls today. steering wheel isnt to bad BUT the top portion has broken loose from the frame so it turns alittle... BUT o well im gonna put a cover over the wheel anyways so i figure ill cut some holes on the top sections of the wheel and pour some 5min epoxy into the wheel to try and stiffen it up... and the wheel cover will just hide the holes i put in it
BUT for 100bucks shiped i think it was a good deal!

so far ive got
400 car
175 timing parts
120 seals, belts, fluid
90bucks degreaser, paint oil.
100bucks steering wheel parts

so SO FAR.... ruffly 900bucks in the car
and i figure i got MOST my parts to get this car moving on its own power....
HOPEFULLY the clutch is good and i can reuse it!
then it just needs new springs and some body supplies and paint for this winter. just REALY want this car drivable
so HOPEFULLY A WEEK OR TWO AND SHE WILL BE MOVING ON ITS OWN [8D]

Old 09-20-2007, 04:38 PM

Awesome job man, keep it up. You should put those rims you painted black on it (assuming you still have them) and roll the fenders.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:29 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Where are you finding all these parts? Your gonna have a pretty nice car after only spending less than $1800. Most cars that come stock and ready to drive are at least $2500. You got a deal.

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed