Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 15 SHIFT LIGHT INSTALED.

well i told myself i wasnt gonna wash the car till spring BUT it was such a nice day and i sold the air cylinders for quite the profit so i had spare cash left over so i went thru the car wash for the 1st time. then later on i did alittle clean up on some rust. nothing HUGE but it looked like it might be spreading so i decided to try and stop it or at least slow it down till spring when i have time to grind out the rusted area and weld in new steel to patch it all up.....
one side didnt look to bad at all BUT the other side still looked bad!!!!!
but mainly i touched up the hood ALOT. lets just say i dont think the guy even primered the hood! hood was all chiped up down to the metal and rusted. im still debating to buy a new hood or not...... it doesnt look to badly bent but will need to be striped completly!

tho looks like i should have only used 1 layer of this rust conversion stuff. second layer seemed to leave a creamy look. still alot better than rust. tomorow im gonna get some clear silicone and put all over the rear quarter areas front and back to try and seal the road salt off from those areas alittle more till i have time to paint the car in the spring.....

well heres some pictures...

and a few pictures of the rust

alittle wire brushed

and 1st layer

and once dry

and for the HORIBLE SIDE [:@]

and the hood....

it sure is one pimpled little bastard!!!!!!!

BUT BETTER THAN RUST!

also spray painted the stupid looking chrome washer sprayers!

also sprayed some spray paint around the bumper cover and crapy lip because of that OLD yellow racing strip it showing thru..... looks better than yellow on blue showing thru.LOL

also reason for wanting to block off my AC front radiator location... road salt geting blown right onto the front of my motor.....

it shows exactly where its coming thru better on the bottom of the hood. around the radiator it looks clean but in this large opening its road salt all over my motor

also one issue that I HOPE I CAN FIX..... otherwise id have to smash it out and have it replaced another PREVIOUS OWNER/DOUCHE stupid move!
sanded the back window.... well not on purpose but looks bad!

and well thats it for today. im gonna work on the front road salt block off plate tomorow since im off..... and im also gonna put clear silicone all around those rear quarter rust areas. and hose down the engine bay.....
also going to paint those wiper arms black tomorow. they look really bad with my new wiper blades.....

Old 03-12-2008, 07:18 PM
HCF Member

It's getting there! dtarting to look better already! When you repaint it are you staying blue or going back to the original teal? Or neither?

This spring I'm going to be doing some exfoliating of my car as well. It has rust around the sun roof so my dad and I will be taking that out and sanding/grinding it down, and while the sun roof is out i'm going to replace me head liner because its starting to let go and fall down right where the roof meets the windshield. I also have a little bit of rust on my rear quarters and some keymarks/scratches and little dents that can be popped out. I'm very glad that my dad is helping me repaint and fix my car.....It pays to have a former body man as a dad. I'm learning alot from him.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

Looking good. Cant you just buff out or polish your back window?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:09 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Looking good. Cant you just buff out or polish your back window?
I'm wondering the same thing because mine is scraped up too.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i hope it will be able to buff out.... but i think ill have to sand the glass with finer sand paper before trying to buff it it might be to much trouble.
i might just smash it out BY ACCIDENT.... and claim it on insurance.... ive been paying insurance for over 10years now and never used a cent of it... its about time they pay something to me!

and i do think i will take it back to stock teal..... tho i would like to add some fine metal flake to the paint, just alittle something different to the paint. tho i will have to buy a new bumper and fron tlip because they are both busted up pretty good. and not sure what to do about front fenders or hood. id like to get some fiberglass fenders, at least then i wouldnt have to worry about someone leaning on them and bending them! these stockers are way to weak!

ive also gotta buy all new seals around the car since the idiot ALSO PAINTED THE SEALS!!!!!!
very crappy job! just shows even tho you can paint the car.... YOUR PREP WORK IS WHAT COUNTS!!!!!!

my paint job wont be perfect BUT it will be A HELL OF ALOT BETTER than what it has now!!!!!!
tho i cannt lie i have been thinking of changing the whole paint color to something different.....
i do like this paint color.... i really like this color kinda like bronze i guess.... definatly different but not so different that cops will always be watching me ya know......

if i do decide to do a full color swap thats what ill do..... well at least the door jams and exterior.... under the hood will have to wait awhile. like maybe when i feel like pulling the motor and tranny again along with everything else under the hood painting that alone shouldnt be a problem later on, more tedious than anything.... might even do a MINOR wire tuck.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:55 PM
HCF Member

the bronze looks great with maybe some 6 spoke powder coated white wheels would look killer good to see a lot of progress

Old 03-12-2008, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

you got your work cut out for you......find any deals on a hatch yet?

Old 03-13-2008, 05:56 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Hailchristian

you got your work cut out for you......find any deals on a hatch yet?
well ive stoped looking for a hatch shell.... just to hard to find any decent shape..
so i guess ill just start planing for paint.....

id like to buy a gallon of primmer and start the sanding BUT its just to cold out to paint and i cannt primer the car out in the shop cause the paint booth is FULL and been full for the past like 5years
so i just have to wait till it starts to get decently warm out enough to start primering.. i figure ill start with the hood and rear and then work towards the front.
im just dredding all this sanding
dont get me wrong i can do it and smooth it all out nice but i just hate sanding... its thee most BORING thing in the world to do!!!!!! and ill have to sand it at least twice, before primering and after primering to fill all these dam deep scratches in the paint
worst repair will be cutting out that old steel on the passenger rear quarter! the drivers side doesnt look to bad at all... minor patch work there.
i figure ill cut a hole on both sides and try to coat the insides as much as posible with some POV, paint over rust.

makes you just WISH the previous owner left the paint alone!

because after i do all the work painting this thing.... ILL NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER get my money back outta that process.... so ya after i paint it ill probably be keeping it till its either crashed to bad to repair or is stolen!!!!!!!!!

most likely it will get stolen before wrecked, at least by me. either way ill try to get my insurance company to apraise it or something.

so i guess after paint ill start to save for some GC coilovers and struts for it BUT problem will be keeping them off my 99civic.LOL cause its also on stock suspension now guess ill have to flip a coin when the time comes.LOL

Old 03-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i got bored and desided to add some BLING BLING.... alittle JDM YO

what you think?

na na na im just messen with you guys. LMFAO
I WOULD NEVER PUT THAT TURD ON MY CAR!
NOW HERES SOME MAD JDM YOOOOOOOOOOO.. hahahhaha
ya i got alittle bored.

MAD HORSE POWER MAN! BIG BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!

ok back on topic.
ill start off WITH THE BAD..... [:@]

SUPRISE. [:@] but at least it doesnt look like it got into anything else, looks like it just hit that passenger side right in that pocket...

i did get my little splash flap made for the AC opening at least... i wanted to use bolts to secure it BUT my dad took his tight angle drill with him to florida, and my regular power drill fill not fit in there so for now i have it just zip tied up tight on the top and loose on the bottom around the AC bottom feet. this way it can flap open some at highway speeds and such but at the same time it will allow some air to flow thru and around the power steering hoses which i guess cool the fluid alittle, and it will keep the road salt spray from geting sprayed onto the motor directly, so it SHOULD keep my engine bay cleaner.

i ended up just using a thick rubber sheet i had laying around cut to fit and such.

normal position'

and while driving it should open up on the bottom

and since its black rubber it just disapears from the front opening....

and YES i know that hood looks really bad now that i painted over the rust with that rust conversion stuff. but what can ya do.

also im not sure but CAN YOU REMOVE THE WIPER ARMS? because i would not get mine to budge! i guess ill have to paint them ON THE CAR wasnt wanting to do it like that tho....
i just left them alone for now. i just had some gravel delivered so ive spent afew hours spreading and leveling gravel with the tractor. 240bucks gone now, but i needed more gravel in the driveway so it was a must do since it was so nice out today!

Old 03-13-2008, 02:16 PM
HCF Member

Wiper arms come off. Just undo the bolt holding them on and then pull them off... They usually take a little persuasion to come off the first time.

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed