Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 14 OBX twin loop muffler instaled. before and after video.

well just doing a short update, not much done to the car lately. just added alittle more subs to it.
and also instaled a true color lcd paging alarm/remote starter system that so far works great!

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ypeR12s-07.flv
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ypeR12s-06.flv
two Alpine Type R 12inch subs, and a small JBP BP600.1 600watt amplifier.

thats enough bass for me in this project civic, and SUPRISINGLY ENOUGH TO ME..... i think its actualy alittle louder than my 99s single 12inch sub with 1,620watts hell im preaty convinced to redo the 99s system at least the subs.

and since ive got quite a bit of cash adding up in/on this car plus i wanted a keyless entry and remote starter system for it so i splerged alittle for a different style alarm system remote.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:IT&ih=018

and just a quick video of it in action. all entry points protected......
i dont have all the extra sensor/add ons used but eventualy i will. but its to cold to play with the extra sensors any more...
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t=a7d2d461.flv
its protected enough for me right now.

now the only real thing left to do to the car is replace the carpet or at least restaple the side carpet/plastic. then all the body work and paint. and then its onto suspension. and then well its pretty much done.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:01 PM
March 2010 ROTM
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 14 OBX twin loop muffler instaled. before and after video.

I have a question for you. I just bought my 95 hatch a couple weeks ago and its doing the EXACT same idle thing you had with yours when you got it. How did you fix it?Its ok when I start it up, but once I start driving and throw it in neutral for a stop or something it starts surging for a little bit, then stops and goes back to normal. I ran some injecter cleaner and that didnt do a thing.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well ive heard alot of people saying that bleeding the coolant should fix it.... and tho i have bleed my coolant last week it still does it alittle but it doesnt do it as bad.

so im hoping theirs just alittle more air in the system and if i bleed the system again it will go away all the way..... at least i hope... not that its really a problem... more less just anoying since it always goes away.....
im just lazy to try it again. tho for all i know it could just be the same and just seems to go away faster.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:06 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Yeah, its really annoying. It didnt do it the first week or two of me having the car. Then it started. Ive heard it could be an air leak or a vaccum hose leak. Im not too sure how to find or fix those though. Ive been meaning to try bleeding my coolant but its been cold and icy here in Ky. But I hate when I pull up to a red light and see people checking out my car, then it starts sounding like a dog that just ran a mile. LOL. Plus I am still waiting until next week for the new exhaust to replace my turd with a leak in it so it sounds loud as ****.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:32 PM
HCF Member

Looking at the pic of your trunk open, was your car originally a teal-green color and then half-*** repainted blue? Or is it just me?

Old 02-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Try.Fail.Repeat

Looking at the pic of your trunk open, was your car originally a teal-green color and then half-*** repainted blue? Or is it just me?

half-assed?????? O HELL NO more like 1/4 assed!!!!!! its horible paint job! its like he had a old racing strip painted YELLOW on the car and he didnt sand it off when he painted the car, PLUS he must have sanded the car with 80grit sandpaper BEFORE PAINTING AND THEN he just painted the car! deep scratches in the paint like a ****!
i have to block sand THE WHOLE CAR to try and get those scratches out of the paint... and i will be painting the car back stock green with MAYBE some small flake or pearl added to the paint... im not quite sure yet i just know i want something thats SLIGHTLY different....
im just not going to start the body work till it gets warm out.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well this morning found out my blower started going bad... it stoped on me while going to work.... it has good voltage so im asuming its just the blower cause i hit it a few times and it came back on, freaking 60dollar part at autozone, dealership wanted 110bucks...... so ya i went with the cheaper autozone one for something thats not so critical!

Old 03-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 15 SHIFT LIGHT INSTALED.

ok well EVEN THO i got the car listed for sale.... doesnt mean its going to sell SO im still modifying it....

just instaled a shift light that ive had siting on my dresser for afew months now...

alittle custom but nothing to big. cut a hole in the side of the middle right vent and pointed the led at the drivers headrest. i have it set as low as the control unit will allow which says 3K BUT it comes on at about 2.5RPM which is just about where i like it.... pretty good for my better MPG driving.....

trying to keep it more low profile.
i saw another low profile instal but i think he had the whole thing mounted inside the vent but i wanted to keep mine adjustable so i just ran some wires from the led to the led plug in the shift light control and just slaped the thing in the glove box with some velcro....
did the job pretty good
and if i do sell the civic ill just remove the shift modual and keep it
i could use it on my 66impala. just to know how fast the motors spinning kinda like a rev limiter visual.

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t=33f2c45d.flv

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t=7915d0f5.flv

main reason for instaling one is well watch this video.LOL kinda hard to hear the motor sometimes.

http://s40.photobucket.com/player.sw...;os=1&ap=1

man that bass sounds bad from my camera.LOL i swear it sounds alot better than that! [8D]

Old 03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well found out this morning this LED is really bright! one thing i forgot is that when highway cruising usualy anything faster than 65MPH tends to be higher than 2.5K rmps and since my shift light i set to the lowerest RPM which looks like 2.5K rpms then YEP you guessed it at 65MPH or more the shift light lites up and shines in my face.LOL

BUT LUCKELY since i put it in the AC vent i was able to just move the flap of the vent upwards which blocked the light from my eyes so thats a good thing cause i would HATE to constantly have to adjust the shiftlight control dial over and over...
THO I DO HAVE ONE MORE IDEA......
since my blank fog light switch location already has a old @ss alarm led drilled into it so i dont worry about cutting it up further. so id like to posibly cut up the shiftlight unit even more to cut the end of it completly off and mount the dial control to where the fog light switch is.....
i think it will fit there. or so i HOPE! and i think ill have to just cut the case apart because **** i cannt seem to pop out so i asume its glued on there really firm as well as the dial part inside. so just have to cut and grind and make it work! shouldnt be to hard to do.....

this is where im talking about putting it...
ok well not quite sure if it will fit with the dial it has.LOL but then again this shows my editing skills or lake there of. that is NO WHERE near the right size porportion.LOL i can always just smooth it over and just get some numbers or something to put up around the dial. no big deal if that original dial wont fit.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:27 PM
HCF Member

looks sick. You have a pretty creative mind lol

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed