Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 05:26 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 14 OBX twin loop muffler instaled. before and after video.

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

Well, I mean it doesn't really look like some giant fart can... it has a more subtle look to it. I want to get a twin-loop so bad, but the exhaust won't line up when I do my h22 swap, so there's no point in having a cat-back run until I get the swap.. I guess I'll have to make due with my fart cannon with the silencer in till summer/fall...
make it fit. customize it. my car is a 95. i got a great deal on a SS 3' header back muffler system but it was for a 96 hatchback. we made it fit.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 14 OBX twin loop muffler instaled. before and after video.

some 99civic seats... just like in my 99civic...

funny thing is they BOTH have cig burns to them on the drivers seats..... O WELL....

i figure ill either try selling the seats OR just keep them to play around with a project like on my scooter....
Name:  highrollers008.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  25.1 KB

im sure ill find something to use them on......
but i guess ill find out how i like the original seats first... if i dont like them as much then ill just swap the seats on those brackets.... time will tell... tomorow that is

Old 01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
HCF Member

LOL yeah nevermind I am a retard...was thinking of something else...but you will still need 8 so that you have a dump and fill for each bag...I was thinking 1-way vs 2-way valves

Old 01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I say make desk chairs out of them.... I've seen it done with racing seats before, and it's a pretty cool idea IMO

EG seats are comfy (compared to some stock car seats I've been in), but there's more comfortable seats out there (like 88 crx si seats... they're the most comfortable stock seats I've seen in a car)

ORIGINAL: Method
make it fit. customize it. my car is a 95. i got a great deal on a SS 3' header back muffler system but it was for a 96 hatchback. we made it fit.
Well, the thing is I was planning on getting a custom cat-back done... so I was figuring it would be easiest to jus thave the exhaust done one time, ya know? But I'm not doing the h22 swap anymore.... check my project thread (general civic talk) for info on why, I really don't feel like typing it a 5th time lol

Old 01-09-2008, 05:56 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rice_eater

LOL yeah nevermind I am a retard...was thinking of something else...but you will still need 8 so that you have a dump and fill for each bag...I was thinking 1-way vs 2-way valves
ya id love to have one of those expensive all in 1 units BUT those are expensive!!!!! plus ive heard that its beter to have the valves close to the cylinders.... which i can see why it would be good.... the less line used the less chance for leaks outta each...

but im preaty sure i got this setup no problem.... my only problem i should say is geting enough $$$

i could have the rear baged right now BUT it would be all MANUAL filling the air tank... and guessing the air pressure in the bags...
SO ive just decided to hold off geting the rear bagged until i get a air compressor and air gauges and switchbox. but after i get those parts i will bag the rear to start out with. tho my air gauges will just be ghetto as hell in the car for awhile... cause i want to buy one of those lower radio/consoles and then move my radio down thier and put a top radio delete plate thier to mount my gauges...
but just to get the rear on air should only cost me about 350bucks...then i can put the rest of the setup together... piece by piece...

ive been doing research on air suspensions for about 3years now ALWAYS wanting air on my old vehicles... but with my old truck just the bolt on parts was gonna cost me freaken like 3K bucks realy quite expensive BUT the honda i can sit on air for half that price... PLUS since this is my toy civic i can afford to have some fun

Old 01-09-2008, 06:13 AM
HCF Member

Hehe..yeah. That's the part I enjoy about bagging my little bro's truck. I get to have the fun of pulling it together...but he foots the bill. As it sits he's right around $1500 in parts for the bags. And he still needs switches and a compressor. I'm guessing when it's over he'll be right around $2k.

As for where to mount the valves...the closer to the cylinder the quicker the lift. To get the fastest lift possible many mount the valves right to the top of the bag/cylinder. But that also nets you a little stiffer ride. The further away you get them the more room for air you have giving it a little more cushion. In our setups the valves are going to be ~2ft from the bags.

Also...yeah I've not heard anything that makes the 2-way valves worth buying.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Recognized HCF Member

wel another thing about 2wy valves is only ones ive seen are 3/8 or 1/4inch lines... i want quicker.. which is why im going big the first time with 1/2inch lines...
and the compressor ive been advised to use is this one.... said its cheap and works great... just alittle ugly..
http://www.fbirides.com/product.asp?idno=260651
ill start out with one and if its alittle slow to fill while playing with switches then ill get another....

and for the smooth ride ive heard thiers a sweet spot on the ride setup.... to much or less and it rides ruff... so after i get it all bagged ill do some experimenting with PSI pressures and once im sure of PSI ill get the car aligned at that height...
and i think one of my rear struts is going bad so i probably should hurry up and do the rear...
the strut is like poping and stiff... it wont smoothly bounce but more pops like 1/2inch height at a time... so i asume its about to go anyways... thought about slaping on my 99civic struts BUT i just dont feel like messing with that swap when im about to slap air on it

Old 01-09-2008, 07:10 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

thought about slaping on my 99civic struts BUT i just dont feel like messing with that swap
You can't swap the rear suspension between a EG and an EK anyway. The rear LCAs are different thicknesses.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya... now i remember using those washers in the rear... so the EGs have the larger bushing mount, and EKs are smaller... o well i guess, just another reason to hurry up with the air

and well I FINALY instaled the modified AC controls, and boy was that a PITA and my linkage still binds alittle i just have to remember not to move the temp all the way to cold... or the linkage rod case will pop out of the controls housing. i tried to square off the clip area but it didnt work to well...
tho no pictures of it instaled yet... with the glass blocks in my garage and a bright sunny day it doesnt show up at all.LOL but i still have to wire up the AC/fuel cutoff switch... tho the wires are ran under the dash so now i just have to find the fuel pump wires to splice between...
PLEASE if anyone knows a specific spot/wires to splice between PLEASE PM ME the info if your not willing to post it...
other wise i have to run new wires thru the car all the way to the fuel pump itself....
and one good thing is I LUCKED OUT with the wiring got it right first time.... thiers 2 wires, power and ground and one wire went right thru the controls wiring harness and the other wire runs along the board and then with a steel strap it loops over the wiring harness plug. and thats the ground wire. looks great so far.... but best of all i dont have to repeatly hit the dash over and over for one of the lights to come ON every morning/night. LMFAO

and i did get the seats bolted in as well. and i must say THE 99 SEATS ARE DEFINATLY MORE COMFORTABLE.... BUT my original seats sit level and they hold you in the seat beter around hard turns.... i like those points and MOST IMPORTANT.... THEY MATCH my back seats so it doesnt look mismatched/stupid anymore.
i thought about swaping seat rails but those are 3 points i realy like more than comfort.....
just have to change up my seat style alittle. but its all good...

ALSO just remembered... i also had to buy new bolts for the rear middle bracket. had to order it tho they should come into the dealership tomorow.

only one other downfall about geting the original seats..... is no more good brace under the seats for my little pistol....
think eventualy ill weld on my own brace so i can clip my holster onto it... i just REALY like my pistol right thier in reach at all times!!!
ill post up pictures of the AC controls in the car in afew hours when it starts to get dark out.

also does anyone know how these headrest covers come off? do they just snap around the brace or what? id like to pull them both off and paint the metal under them black because the lower part of the cover doesnt sit low enough and shows alittle bit of rusty metal under it...
i just dont want to scar up the covers trying to pull them apart...

Old 01-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Recognized HCF Member

WOW comparision shot REALY SCREAMS that i need to swap my cluster out.... LMFAO

well dont know if you can see any of that above. LOL heres my camera with the CANDLE LIGHT SETTING...

so looks like ill be doing my led cluster swap preaty soon!!!!!!
ive got all the strips already to do green cluster... i just have to DO IT....

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed