Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 07:41 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic runing and driving, PAGE 8 suspension geting fixed.

I love the use of the switches. I almost used the Tape ejection button, for my cathod, but i wired up a led switch, but that look sick.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic runing and driving, PAGE 8 suspension geting fixed.

Great job on the climate control lighting.... I think I'm going to convert my dashlights to LEDs and the climate control to cold cathodes before I sell my EG (especially now since you did that little writeup on the climate controls).

BTW, how is this not in the projects section yet? You've been working on it for like forever now.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Recognized HCF Member

cause its not a cool project. LMFAO

but ya not much work lately now tho....
i just paid for a twin loop muffler on ebay.... i cannt stand the freaken exaust sound anymore!!!!!!

i swear if im cruising on the interstate at a certain speed the exaust can sound like a train.... chug chug chug sound.... starts off kinda slow CHUG CHUG CHUG and the faster you go the quicker it gets to CHUG CHUG CHUGCHUGCHUGCHUG. LMFAO its HORIBLE!!!!!! im realy tired of it.......

id like to buy the catconverter as well BUT i just paid 132bucks to have my moms watch fixed and im hit on cash
next week i should have enough for it tho..... should at least make some good BEFORE and AFTER sound/videos

and i still have to instal the climate controls... i got lazy lately.... ill swap it out by monday tho. as well as fix the seats LEAN they have.... have to modify the mounting holes and such to make it sit level.....

Old 01-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well slight update...... havent done much BUT working on puting together a aircan suspension on it now... id say ive already got about half of a setup now.... but still need to spend about another 500bucks to get it decent and another 200bucks to make it nice...

BUT mainly most improvement ive done is replacing the shifter linkage and instaling urethane bushings on the shifter. shifter feels great now!

and heres the main PITA screw up from previous owner screwups.....

and YES that SHOULD NOT come apart!

got the air cans and brackets, six 1/2inch valves, afew misc fittings, a few small air tanks. tho i wont use it all that i got so far.... like the 2 air tanks i got now i probably wont use, not quite sure...tho i do have 6valves BUT they are used... but should make a decent starter setup and then ill use them to dog leg it.... and put air on the bottom of some cylinders to help for a smoother ride... and also realy help to 3wheel the civic by sucking the tire up into the wheel well... just extra fun....

heres what i got for the air setup so far...

misc fittings that came with the valves..

and the air cans and brackets...

ive always wanted air suspension on just about every vehicle ive ever owned starting from my FIRST car, my 66impala
BUT never had enough cash to do it right.... and well NOW i got a car thats preaty cheap to bag.... and im going big with 1/2inch lines,valves right off the start because if i DO DECIDE i dont like the air ride on the civic... i can always put the air suply setup on my 66impala and just buy bags and mounts for it.... BUT i think ill love the air on the civic....
it is my toy civic after all

and since it is my TOY civic im going to go crazy on the air setup.. meaning..... IM GOING to lay low and i WILL drag the rear.... tho i will put in some parts that will be MENT to drag... dont want to grind away my muffler or the car itself.... just depends HOW LOW the car sits with a simple bolt on.... i have no problem cuting the strut towers for more travel! but like i said just depends HOW LOW i can get by bolt on if i do cut them up or if i just slap on some drag blocks low enough to throw sparks... just fun fun..

Old 01-04-2008, 09:29 PM

Just read through this (took me two hours), absolutely awesome man. Looking forward to more updates and pics (especially the paint).

Old 01-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 14 OBX twin loop muffler instaled. before and after video.

JUST got done instaling my new OBX TWIN LOOP MUFFLER and so far it sounds great...
had to do about 4 different adaptors to make this all weld up mainly because autozone and advance autoparts BOTH dont have any exaust adaptors to go from 3inch to 2.5 or smaller.... so i had to use several adaptors together to get a slight angle upwards and fit the stock piping. i would have primered and painted the pipes BUT i dont have enough hightemp paint... so i just skiped it for now... ill paint it tomorow.... well later today since its like almost 1am.LOL

heres a video of BEFORE, during, AFTER instal...
the SPL DB reader is ruffly 8ft away from the car... and for every 3db's thats is about twice as loud....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJgfrszjYwM

and heres some pictures...

and if thiers no one else thier to help you hold the muffler straight while you tack weld the pipes together..... well DUCT TAPES GOT YOUR BACK LMFAO

now im not the best welder when it comes to exaust.LOL i burn thru exaust piping preaty commonly... and then since my pipes arent perfect fiting i have to build up some welds to fill gaps.... since its never a tight fit... more like 1/4inch gap on most adaptor pieces...

and i couldnt find any straps large enough to go around the mufflers case PLUS if i did they would probably look ugly... so i used a clamp strap piece on the loop part of the muffler and secured the strap behind the bumper on the steel bumper reincorcement bar..
holds it very firm which is a good thing

and the OLD.... no idea WHY thiers all this black crap inside the muffler.... im hoping it was from the old previous owner blowing the motor.... tho if it still comes out black like that im thinking ill probably have to replace the catback piping cause its probably full of this crap....

and i dont like how low the loop part hangs down BUT i wanted the logo straight up which is why it hangs down kinda low... i might have to cut it off and loop the pipe up higher depending how low my rear gets when i drop the air outta the air suspension when ever i get it all put together and on the car...

and i THINK i got it positioned preaty good... not sticking out to much and even with the bumper..

anyone know WHY the exaust could be pumping out that black powder crap? i still have to clean all the black stuff off the bumper and HOPEFULLY the new muffler will stick out enough so anymore black crap coming out wont stick to the bumper so much...

im not sure if the black crap is coming out the motor.... or just coming out of the old catback piping from the blown motor.... i dont want it to clog up my new muffler.... so not sure if i want to spend the money for a new catback to axle back piping.... or if its coming from the motor and i have a problem somewhere... tho i cannt see any black smoke coming out the back and doesnt seem to burn any oil... and compresion is all good.... and no CEL light either...

Old 01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 14 OBX twin loop muffler instaled. before and after video.

lol..thats some fancy duct tape work you have there.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:52 PM

Noob question - why do you have the loop of metal on the muffler?

If I saw correctly - while you were in the parking lot, padidles on your civic (if anyone plays that game) :P

Also, what was that rattling at around 1500rpm while coming back from a high rev? Something rattled once, a split second of nothing, then rattle again shortly. You can hear it really well before you put on the new exhaust.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Hailchristian

lol..thats some fancy duct tape work you have there.
DUCT TAPE IS YOUR FRIEND never under estimate duct tape... if you dont think it will work.... then USE MORE duct tape. LMFAO

ORIGINAL: yo****hemonk

Noob question - why do you have the loop of metal on the muffler?

If I saw correctly - while you were in the parking lot, padidles on your civic (if anyone plays that game) :P

Also, what was that rattling at around 1500rpm while coming back from a high rev? Something rattled once, a split second of nothing, then rattle again shortly. You can hear it really well before you put on the new exhaust.
the loop is made that way... so its still preaty much a free flowing exaust but the loop goes thru the muffler again to help silence it even more... so you still have a free flowing muffler with half the sound....
and the pididle????? WHAT....LOL i know i have one taillight out if thats what ya mean... im just to lazy to replace the bulb... or fix the wiring, which is what i expect is the problem, cause previous owner had another stupid wiring some kinda crapy neon liscence plate used to be on it... i hate those splice in wire terminals.... already had to fix two wires on the headlights from them being cut inhalf... i asume its the same deal in the back.

and the rattling when driving was my DEICER can rolling around in the back seat, but i think the muffler was the cause of any more rattling cause the previous guys muffler job was crapy and all clamped.... i spot welded some spots on it afew weeks back but it still leaked and blew out black gunk if you look right before the axle back you can see the car looks blacker from the exaust leaking and going forwards.... and with the last snow when playing in a parking lot i spun the car alittle to much and when turning around a bumped the muffler against the curb which busted my tack welds, could have been rattling thier... but either way the sound was anoying as hell welded or busted welds!!!!!

but still no drive by video yet cause its still mist raining out this morning.... i dont want to get my camera wet! it already has issues....

Old 01-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Super Cereal Admin

damn, that twin-loop looks great! The tip almost looks stock... makes me look forward to getting one

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed