Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 12:23 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 6 runing and driving, still need timing fixed.

Get a lifetime alignment plan if you can!! I get my car aligned 2-3 times a year and that has been for the last 4 years. It has definitely paid for itself already.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 6 runing and driving, still need timing fixed.

well probablem with that is im sure they would TRY to screw me on it as soon as i went in a few times with the car HIGH and then the car LOW.LMFAO

im sure they would say THATS VOID after the first time...... plus i dont think any shops around here do that.... im just going to have it aligned again when i drop it down and then note all the positions mark them somehow like paint or scrap marks not sure. might just measure everything.... or make some type of gig im not sure... ill figure it out when the time comes.LOL

but it should be to bad to just have it aligned twice a year... just wait till they have a sale or coupon.....

tomorow im gonna try to see if i can find enough crap metal around the shop to weld up a front crossmember.... i think i have some square tubing or angle iron laying around the shop..... i just want to make sure i dont spin out and smash the bottom of my motor into a curb for winter driving....... just something id rather be SAFE than SORRY on..... should be easy to make it able to bolt onto the car and removable if i need to. with the front lip on it shouldnt be visable so it should work out great....

Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default 9-06-07 project civic runing and driving, PAGE 8 suspension geting fixed.

well today i worked on the 94civic....
replaced the stock speedo from my ex cluster from another dx cluster to fix the messed up speedometer... so far looks like it works but cars still on jackstands so was only a few seconds of testing BUT it did work when i tried it.LOL

also pulled the front upper control arms and waiting till tomorow when i SHOULD get my WICKED adjustable upper arms....

and also just got a call this afternnon from dealership saying they did find some bolts that ive had ordered for like a week now and HOPEFULLY he said they will be thier either thursday or friday.... I HOPE SOON!!!!!! cause i wanna get this 94back on the road and aligned right!

also going to TRY to take back the new upper control arm i bought from napa autoparts and HOPEFULLY they will take it back and ill have my 75bucks back.... I HOPE they will take it back no problems....LOL then i can replace the one slightly worn joint on the front steering...

also checked out about making the EX, DX hybred and well it didnt work out the cruise control or some type of modual inside the cluster is different..... and that controled the UPSHIFT light on the DX cluster SO unfortunatly i have to custom make my own upshift light..... i figure ill buy one of those addon shift light units but hide the unit and rewire it to a green led and put it in that upshift light location... shouldnt be to tuff...... i just have to buy the unit and find the right tach wire to tie into for it... rewiring the light will be realy easy! i already slide in the green lense and the face from the DX cluster to have that UPshift light location freed up and looking stock....
should be a nice touch.............. and eventualy ill do my green cluster lighting BUT dont feel like it at this time....

guess ill slap up the other DX parts for sale.....

Old 11-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic runing and driving, PAGE 8 suspension geting fixed.

ok today i got my front adjustable camber upper arms today, fabed up some LARGE OVERKILL sqaure washers.LOL
think i guessed the position preaty good

these look WAY stronger than stock.... and definatly just look alot beter.....LOL

fabed up my own LARGE square washers...

just compair the two.... stock washers that come with the kit... and my fabed up overkill washers.LOL found a scrap piece of steel around..... alittle ruff shape BUT EFFECTIVE.... i thought about grinding them down to follow the contor of the control arms BUT didnt feel like it... FUNCTION OVER cosmentics....

spacer turned out to be PERFECT thickness..

cars not aligned yet... so far its just EYE BALLED

still waiting on rear TOE bolts tho HOPEFULLY tomorow they will come into the dealership..... HOPEFULLY and then i can drive the car down to midas for its alignment and then the car will be completly ready for winter driving!!!!

also ready for any suspension combo i throw at it only other part i want to buy is the rear camber adjuster. maybe next week ill buy it. tho i wont instal it until i buy my new suspension for spring.... i think ill spend my tax check on suspension for it. koni yellows and ground control adjsutable coilovers.
im also going to buy a new lower control arm when i put on the new suspension JUST INCASE its bent which i think it is.... which is why the stock parts up front had bad camber and caster... i dont see anything bent on the unibody so its gotta be in the lower control arm. might not be needed BUT sure wouldnt hurt anything.. ill also replace the outter tie rod as well. its not worn to much... well i might go ahead and replace it tomorow..... depends on how my check looks.....

its geting thier tho....

only downfall is i realy miss driving my 94.LOL both my civics have thier PROS and CONS... like my 99has the style and kick@ss stereo.... but not realy FUN to drive... 94s got all the FUN to drive.... but very weak stereo and style but since it gets beter milage and funner to drive i realy need/WANT to get it back on the road

Old 11-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic runing and driving, PAGE 8 suspension geting fixed.

Wut U taking 'bout! That 99 is HOT I would never be embarassed to drive that!even tho its an auto... great job on the 94 BTW good luck for the lowering and customization.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:04 AM
HCF Member

Looking good man i just read your last few posts in this thread.

Keep up the good work and good luck on the rest of the project.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:33 AM
HCF Member

Good work...did I miss something though? why not use the washers that came with it? Just curious...cause I might be fabbing some up of my own

Old 11-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

because SUPOSEDLY.... with those small washers the metal around them tightened down can distort....
ive heard thats why SKUNK2 has those square washers on thier tuner arms...

you can see thier square washers... which look cleaner than mine.LOL BUT mine are just as functional... should keep the metal around the bolts nice and even!
which makes good sense... i cannt remember who recomended me to make them BUT dualy noted and DONE

and well TODAY FINALY DEALERSHIP GOT MY BOLTS IN.....

THO WOULDNT YA KNOW IT........ STILL PROBLEMS... passenger side went up without any problems!
passenger side NITEMARE!!!!! the factory TOE adjuster slide nut behind inside the car SPUN..... so it kept spinning SO i had to WELD that stupid nut SOLID to the body so now that factory adjuster is NO MORE...LOL BUT with the aftermarket adjusters I SHOULDNT NEED IT i welded it right about in the middle which should give it enough movement both ways with the adjuster...
also the other end of the arm nut threads where kinda messed up so i messed up the tip of the new bolt.... had to cut it down and file the threads back to normal and then ran it thru a few times and now its fine at least...

and after i got it all bolted up I RUSHED TO MIDAS to drop it off right before they closed....LOL they turned the lights off right when i pulled up. LMFAO tho i still got in and talked to them about what i did and needs to be done and now I WAIT for my baby to get out of the alignment shop tomorow after work HOPEFULLY it will be done without any problems tomorow.....
I HOPE..... i want my speedie car back on the road. LMFAO
tho i didnt replace that drivers side tierod.... was going to even had the parts store get it from thier warehouse BUT with the problem with the one nut spinning it took to long to rig up so didnt have time to go get the part and instal it... i figure its not to bad the guy said before so i just told them to do thier best again.... it shouldnt be to much of a problem. ill replace it when i put on the new suspension towards the spring....

o ya on a plus SO FAR..... the speedometer works perfect

Old 11-15-2007, 02:59 PM
HCF Member

That makes sense..thanks for the explanation. I'll have to fab some up...I might even be able to get the r&d department here at work to do it for mebeing lazyowns

Old 11-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya its realy easy to fab up if ya got the right tools.... i used a ban saw and a small vise on a drill press.....
just get the basic shape ya want.... pull off the ball joint and with a sharp punch put it thru the balljoint bolt holes and slam the hamer down makes a nice indent in the metal for a perfect grip for the drill, do both holes on one side and pick the right drill that fits right thru those washers, and drill away on the drill press... i put all 4 of my steel plates ontop of eachother and drilled thru them all at once. turned out preaty good.
also just drove by midas a bit ago and they have it on the alignment rack already which is GREAT for me cause one i dont like my cars siting outside...... and 2nd it should be first car to be done tomorow morning

i hope they dont have any problems geting it aligned!!!!!

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed